• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Logbook Loans Desperate Situations!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5389 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Considering everything ....just had a txt message...

Congratulations, You have been Pre-Approved a TOP-UP on your Logbook Loan!

Contact Customer services TODAY on Freephone 08001313550 to find out more!!

Now my reply to that would be not on your life are you taking the p!$$ and yeah I'll contact you when hell freezes over:D

I have kindly and most politely told them to remove my number a.s.a.p:p

I'm fighting back and ready to go :D who will be my first victim? LBL, Brighthouse.

..."If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life."

I am not here to insult or offend...just to offer advice and seek advice as all this is a learning experience, such is the cycle of life...for those that would wish to insult me for my thoughts or deeds...Stay Blessed for I know my heart is pure with no ill thought towards YOU. :cool:

Nationwide Won:D Benefits returned £577

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still no news however based on info I obtained on CAG I did request information last week that still has not been supplied so I have made the request more legal in the form of a S.A.R and will await this info however I am taking the original date of request and allowing the 20 days that the Information Commissioner states for these requests, hence 20 days.

I'm fighting back and ready to go :D who will be my first victim? LBL, Brighthouse.

..."If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life."

I am not here to insult or offend...just to offer advice and seek advice as all this is a learning experience, such is the cycle of life...for those that would wish to insult me for my thoughts or deeds...Stay Blessed for I know my heart is pure with no ill thought towards YOU. :cool:

An interesting read, sent to me from Community Legal Advice:

Billofsalespg1.png

billofSalepg2.png

billofsalepg3.png

billofsalepg4-1.png

billofsalepg5-1.png

I know I have read this somewhere cant remember where but could someone clarify.......

What is the correct procedure for the bill of sale..... must be signed by me, myself and a witness yes or no? As mine is signed by the same person twice, once with full name second done as a type of signature with just his first name....or is it just that the importance is to be sworn or something before a solicitor??

they have provided me with the stamped certificate which seems a lil dodgy as all it is is A4 plain paper stamped with Supreme High Court and down the right side typed my name ,LBL and solicitors((which could have been copied from else where even I can lift the stamp and stick on a cover sheet and have typed up just the way they have) I would have thought the Actual Bill of sale would be stamped not a plain piece of paper that contains no water mark or outstanding details to say the high court provided it.

Well I have gotten around for applying for my refund and fee remission so will be waiting to see what the court provides as to their copies of registered documents.

Update....nothing to update still getting the odd letter from LBL though how else could they make money out of me without sending these letters at £12 a time but at least the calls have stopped so thank you CAG that harassment letter worked and I'm no longer feeling harassed and actually have my benefit for what it was intended...which helps when your kids make it a life long ambition to eat you out of house & home:roll:

Any News sweet ??? never heard from you in a wee while now .

Nah, they still uping my charges with the £12 letter charges, as they cant call me....they decided to default my 2nd loan and they terminated the 1st even though the contracts were cancelled by solicitor...and they continue to write me even though the solicitor has pointed out they are dealing with my case an all letters should go direct to the solicitor....awaiting some info from my solicitor should be in post, and awaiting the courts copies of what lbl registered but seems the courts kinda on a go slow...

nothing else to tell yet apart from my ass is loosing weight with all this walking :-D:-D

nothing else to tell yet apart from my ass is loosing weight with all this walking :-D:-D

LOL Well they say every cloud has a silver lining, and with petrol the price it is you must be saving money too!;)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

LOL Well they say every cloud has a silver lining, and with petrol the price it is you must be saving money too!;)

No luck there the kids are robbing my ass also...so I guess the sliver lining will be I'll be a slim broke ass mother :D i'll leave of the f$%^&:p

• 2 weeks later...

Update: :oIt would appear LBL must be running out of things to do as I received a letter from my solicitor which basically was a slap on the wrist for contacting LBL since the solicitor has request LBL do not contact myself, quite surprising and amusing as I have not contacted LBL since requesting they acknowledge my telephone harassment letter which was sent before my contact with the solicitor and yet received a phone call after the solicitor sent them their 1st letter. And also a request for them to acknowledge the solicitor acting on my behalf and any request for information was at that time also.

So you can imagine I was more than surprised when I got this letter as it implies I have been contacting them recently:D maybe they had hoped I would retaliate by contacting them directly however I just set my solicitor straight as it must be killing LBL to not be able to call me and charge me £12 for that privilege of being harassed with out the threat of repercussions while still charging me £12 for the letters they are not as many as they usually send:rolleyes: and writing me gets no response other than a letter from my solicitor about their continued ignorance of the initial request.

I wonder what they'll try next:rolleyes: never thought they'd resort to tellin porkies though:D

never thought they'd resort to tellin porkies though:D

Lying seems to come as naturally as breathing to that company & their agents... even their legal man does it!

The more they dig the more **** they dig up...

• 3 weeks later...

Update: it would appear I am finaly getting my life back, I will update you further after speaking to my solicitor but it would seem my sleepless nights will soon be allowed to come to an end.

Basically I received an offer which boils down to I have won....but the offer given basically reads they will no longer chase me for car or money but each side covers its own costs.

I needed this part explained further to where I have been advised its their way of ensuring if I accept I can bring no further case against them i.e. in reflection to previously paid agreements and also my solicitor fees would be mine to pay.

On that understanding although the first alleviation I felt i.e. I have now got my life back.....means that under the offer if I dont accept they are gonna try and pursue me, but if they have accepted everything else and made me that offer and I have won why should I pay my own fees?

So I guess you all can guess what I have chosen to do

• 2 weeks later...

I can relate to the fact logbook loans are a bunch of idiots I am going to court with them in september as after 4 years since they took my car away they have somehow gained a charging order against my property for an outstanding amount i know nothing about... the sooner we all stop these crooks the better i am new to this and am posting because i have read a number of threads regarding this company and wondered if any1 has faced the problem i am having?

Unfortunately at the moment, LBL are liked a cornered animal and are thus pulling out all the stops to maximise revenue whilst they're still in business. They're throwing loads into mass advertising but are also even keener to snatch cars at the earliest opportunity

In other words, they've lost it but people should be more careful than ever

• 3 weeks later...

Well I turned down their offer and am following the advice of my solicitor and will keep you informed as soon as I know anything else.

• 3 weeks later...

It would appear Log Book Loans are getting desperate as I have been advised that clients are reporting the employees of Log Book loans are turning up at their address and using bullying tactics to get them to sign contracts.....oh after the last few day's I have had they really wanna try that crap with me.

In one day alone I received two text messages telling me I had been pre approved a loan even after I called them the 1st time to tell them specifically remove my details. Including although the case is ongoing they still have the cheek to be send letters demanding money?

They are very desperate....

• 1 month later...

Cant believe I have not updated my own thread since September so here is an update:

Since september's post, I did have a visit from LBL in the early hours of the morning with three letters, 1 stating that as there was no injunction on the car that they legally owned my car and had the right to take it, which I disputed...at that point I was presented with two other letters one for each contract with an offer same as before that everything would be wiped out as long as I stopped legal action. One thing to note....they are still processing the accounts even though they are in dispute as the debt they have on the letters is in fact higher than when the solicitor took the case on, and I have two lots of statements, one in april and another after then where charges have been put on my account for letters and phone calls although instructed by the solicitor back in early May that all correspondance should go through them even though they are aware the solicitor began acting on this from end of April.

I know it is more than contradictory to come prepared with two letters, 1 threatening action and the other making offers especially if they felt they were in the right.

I was tired worn out stressed and just wanted this mess over that I signed, I did have a discussion with someone on the forum but it wasn't that discussion that made me sign it was the sleepless nights and the stress I have been under since April which any of you have read my other threads will understand I was ready to throw the towel in as I have had more than my fair share. Though I am reminded, no matter how bad YOU have it there is always someone else going through it worst.

After signing what was a dodgy letter but I made sure to get the bringer of the letters to also sign as the letters barely had an audible signature, I then emailed copies straight to my solicitor. Shocking or maybe it was meant to be but at that time in the morning my solicitor just happened to be reading his emails and promptly responded to mine.

We had a discussion via email and he wanted to know what could have made me sign, so I explained my circumstances and my health and how I was feeling which was very disheartened. This happened the 12th September and on the 15th I received a letter from the solicitor that they filed for an injunction and had a court date set, that injunction is now in place which I am happy about as it takes away a bit of the stress though like many others going through this, I would just like it over.

I have been talking with Office of Fair Trading who are investigating LBL it would appear she had sent me an email months ago but as I was unable to access the account the email was sent to I had not realised so I sent back a reply once obtaining it, where she then sent me a statement of truth and a disclosure so that she could use the information I supplied her with in their investigation of LBL, her name is Julita Losowski and shockingly, she does actually reply and seems genuinely interested in the problems regarding LBL and asks questions too.

I am hoping not just to win but to win and see LBL loose their licence that would be the icing on the cake to this whole sorry mess.

I know there are some not in our position that have no idea how a person can get entangled into such debt with a set of non desirables...(thats me being polite) but even now I look at my life, I have returned to uni and am trying to pay the bills buy my books and feed and clothe my three children on £170 a week, my LEA has not even been accessed let alone paid...and its in this situation you become desperate, I had to put my daughter into nursery to attend classes and after finding the deposit of £50 four sessions later...and these are only half day sessions I am presented with a remittance slip for a charge of £150 that takes me up to the end of the month, the nursery is part of the university, and are aware like other members within the university that again due to University cock ups I have not been paid my LEA and yet am still presented with a large bill rather than a common sense payment plan with time to pay, The nursery manager's comment was, well you normally pay it out of your own money and claim it back....now the maths on £150 from £170???? dont leave a lot a money for food does it:rolleyes:....I owe money now to the uni for the hardship payments and I cant even apply for Access fund because my LEA has not been accessed so all round I am broke and struggling... And it was this sort of rubbish that made me take that stupid LBL loan in the first place....:evil:...oh well I have to satisfy myself with the fact there IS someone out there thats having it worse than me and count my blessings I am not in fact starving I suppose:rolleyes:

Sweetsexy many thanks for your PM, I have just read this whole thread and found tears pouring down my face. In my 1st short post I didn't go into my own personal details at length. I am a singleMum of 2, and I have severe learning difficulties. The stress this company has put myself and my family through is unbelievable. I tried to keep this mess a secret for a couple of months, the reason my family got involved is because my 12 year old son found me at 2.00 in the morning sobbing downstairs in the dark,and quickly rang my parents who then drove 120 miles in the night to get me, my kids and my car. Please don't be disheartened because your story has made me vow to stand up and fight just like you. Hopefully we can get some justice out of our mutual sleepless nights, stress, depression and heartache.

Thank You bpoolkara, I know not everyone talks about their personal problems but just sharing means that you realise everyone is in more or less the same boat, and after the many posts regarding LBL on here that motivated me to actually fight back although sometimes you do lose the will to fight, I am happy to know my experiences can also motivate someone else to have that fight.

Thankfully SSE I don't know what it's like to be so desperate that I have to resort to this kind of loan and I thank my lucky stars for that. I really admire your determination to make a better life for you and your family in such difficult circumstances.

I'm glad you have your family supporting you too now bpoolkara, and I hope you find the help and support on CAG helps too. You must be very proud of your son.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

LBL pray on those of us who are desperate, these loans are designed to cause enough problems to us to enable them to then get what they want - money AND car. They never anticiapted legal action and for years they more or less escaped it - as a defence they employ a hooky solicitor to stall, delay and maximise costs and inconvenience whilst they work every trick in the book to escape what will inevitably happen one sweet day - a court judgement. This bogus letter [problem] was just the latest in a long line of 'efforts' and fortunately is about as legally binding as their other documents - someone I speak to regularly was coerced into signing that letter by way of the "LB Collections" (the clue is in the name guys, they don't really exist) by way of the LB man clamping car his car and telling him he would only remove the clamp if he signed that letter, interestingly this victim did an HPI check on his car 3 weeks later only to find LBL would not remove their 'interest' in the vehicle and denied any such 'agreement' could be made.... The courts look very seriously at this kind of approach made to parties involved in litigation like this, arguably "perverting the course of justice".

One day I will tell you all my long LBL story, but for anyone who has had any 'beef' with JonCris on here let me tell you this: When LBL 'hit' me they really, really over-stepped the mark. I didn't have a clue where to go or what to do, and this is obviously what they and their agents work on. I made some posts on this site and got some excellent advice from JC to remove details that could indentify me to LBL spies, he also advised me what to do re: police and litigation - arguably without him I would have not achieved what I did achieve as time was indeed of the essence and this was before Stephensons were on the scene. If I had not the guidance of JC in that first post-'hit' week I may well not have any sort of happy ending regarding LBL as I didn't know where to go, who to speak to and was the veritable 'Headless Chicken', so go easy on him and take advice not offence - LBL are cynical in their efforts to misguide their customers and are not to be trusted in any way, shape or form. General advice is ok, but this needs expertise and I was very fortunate to get free guidance from a very helpful & experienced chap - which in the end was priceless.

I'm glad you had the help you needed. Perhaps if you post your story others will benefit and be inspired to stand up to them too, if you feel able to now.

LBL pray on those of us who are desperate, these loans are designed to cause enough problems to us to enable them to then get what they want - money AND car. They never anticiapted legal action and for years they more or less escaped it - as a defence they employ a hooky solicitor to stall, delay and maximise costs and inconvenience whilst they work every trick in the book to escape what will inevitably happen one sweet day - a court judgement. This bogus letter [problem] was just the latest in a long line of 'efforts' and fortunately is about as legally binding as their other documents - someone I speak to regularly was coerced into signing that letter by way of the "LB Collections" (the clue is in the name guys, they don't really exist) by way of the LB man clamping car his car and telling him he would only remove the clamp if he signed that letter, interestingly this victim did an HPI check on his car 3 weeks later only to find LBL would not remove their 'interest' in the vehicle and denied any such 'agreement' could be made.... The courts look very seriously at this kind of approach made to parties involved in litigation like this, arguably "perverting the course of justice".

One day I will tell you all my long LBL story, but for anyone who has had any 'beef' with JonCris on here let me tell you this: When LBL 'hit' me they really, really over-stepped the mark. I didn't have a clue where to go or what to do, and this is obviously what they and their agents work on. I made some posts on this site and got some excellent advice from JC to remove details that could indentify me to LBL spies, he also advised me what to do re: police and litigation - arguably without him I would have not achieved what I did achieve as time was indeed of the essence and this was before Stephensons were on the scene. If I had not the guidance of JC in that first post-'hit' week I may well not have any sort of happy ending regarding LBL as I didn't know where to go, who to speak to and was the veritable 'Headless Chicken', so go easy on him and take advice not offence - LBL are cynical in their efforts to misguide their customers and are not to be trusted in any way, shape or form. General advice is ok, but this needs expertise and I was very fortunate to get free guidance from a very helpful & experienced chap - which in the end was priceless.

Fleeced just for the record:

I have not had 'beef' as I see that was intended at me, I treat everyone on CAG respectfully however how he chose to respond to me is rather quite rude, and if you re read the initial thread where this took place, you will see it started from a question where, he then went on to make a big deal about something I had put up, however there was not one piece of information that linked to myself included in the letter... I am a computer student, got an A16 for my basic use of a pc, microsoft software and my ability to edit lol (seriously I did:wink:) and that document was properly edited as is anything I post, I even went along with him and removed my letter however I highlighted the fact that I had nothing to hide in what was posted which was the same information being given out by another organisation offering information on Bills of Sale etc however when questioned to pin point where I had given any form of information about myself or given any secret information away that wasn't already common knowledge he decided to respond to me rather rudely. Not once did I respond to him with anything other than politeness. Hence the message added to my signature which has been there since the day he was more than a little rude.

I recently read a thread where it would appear he had chosen to jump on another forum user in much the same way he had treated myself, and my comments are there for all to read again no beef...I gave my opinion which is... as adults everyone has a right to an opinion, the forum is for advice and it is for the individual to decide whether to take advice or seek more from different sources in order to make an informed decision, the person that was the centre of discussion it was stated was reported to the moderators by JC for requesting a PM'd conversation....I can only imagine he was referring to the one the other person with whom I asked whether I could pick their brains, offered me more information via PM again the messages are on the forum for all to read. That other person did nothing other than talk to me when I was out of sorts, and gave me their personal take on their personal experiences, they did not put a gun to my head and say do what I say or else... I dont like bullies, I am not saying JC is but his actions are questionable in my opinion, he opened an important information thread linked to the persons thread only when i got there there was no important information just a personal attack on the OP of the thread JC linked from. I later saw someone else had also asked this person for advice, and again say JC's response on the OP's original thread basically telling the person NOT to offer advice, again that thread is there for all to see.

Make of it what you will but as adults especially on a site I have found has given me many many hours of interesting and valuable reading and have spoken with and gained advice and encouraging words from so many beautifully people that I was disgusted with that sort of attitude from an adult which is why I directed this comment as previously posted to JC.. I tell my daughter in life you can not like everyone however I will add there is no harm being polite or just ignoring that person as my mother used to say...if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing. After all we are all adults here hopefully for the same reasons to offer advice and to gain some.

I hope this clarifies my feelings on the suggested 'beef'...but I am actually part veggie as I still eat chicken but the other part will get there eventually;)