Reclaiming PPI from Halifax (Loan)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5970 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've used this site in the past (for charges reclaim) and I am now back with my PPI problem!

Basically, took out a loan with the Halifax in 2005 and included PPI. Didn't realise at the time that I didn't need it, the guy on the phone made it sound like it was vital to get my loan authorised, I wasn't told that it was optional, didn't know I could get it for £6 per month elsewhere blah blah blah.

When I found all this out, and realised that it was an extra £1700+ on top of my loan amount and interest which is nearly £50 a month I called the Halifax and asked for it to be removed from the loan. They told me the only way to do this would be to refinance - which would incur more interest etc. I'm now paying back the capital sum so there's no way I'm doing that!

Wrote to the Halifax telling them I was mis-sold for reasons above (and others found on another money advice website). They told me they're allowed 8 weeks to reply...I'm not impatient so I waited...10 weeks. Just for them to tell me there's no complaint to answer. They did not answer all of my points re; mis-selling and more importantly the fact that it's £44 more expensive per month than their closest competitor.

Now I have to go to the FOS if I want to take my complaint further.

Is this all sounding about right to you, or am I missing some vital steps?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Sounds fairly normal - have a good read of the material in the stickies. You can take the FOS route if you wish - but you may also want to consider the court route.

You can claim 8% on the £1700, and each interest payment, from the date the amounts were applied until the date of payment.