Urgent. Please please please help.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5976 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I need a bit of advice please if anyone can help.

A friend of mine is suing the council for disrepair, The solicitor that is representing him is not very good.

He is trying to get a transfer through health problems which is being made worse by the dampness in his home. He has just got out of intensive care as he ends up with breathing difficulties every time he enters his property.

The council said he is only entitled to be on a band C for a transfer which is rediculous.

He has

1. Asthma

2. COPD

3. Cancer

The problem is now getting worse as the council is now sending letters which is causing is health to worsen. Within the last 2 weeks he has had,

1. A letter to do a home visit as they are invesgating his housing benifit. (At the time this letter was send he was in intensive care and the appointment had to be cancelled).

2. A letter to tell him to clear the rubbish from his garden (Which to me isn't bad enough to recieve a threatening letter. I have seen worse).

3. A letter saying he has to attend a meeting at the council due to reports of anti-social behaviour.

My questions are can they do this whilst there is an ongoing dispute against them? Also can he ask his solicitor to attend and would he be expected to attend if asked?

I would also like to know if this could be classed as intimidation from the council due to him suing them?

thanx in advance

x Roz x

royzor,in reply to your post and in my view:

Your friend should be able to get redress under the European Convention of Human Rights due to the fact that the dispute is with the council.

On a seperate note,has his current solicitor been informed of this intimidation/harassment(as this is clearly what it is - nothing more and nothing less which is totally unacceptable)? If,yes.What has been the outcome?

The answers to these questions should hopefully enable me to assist you further.

Hi N4B

Thanks for your reply but unfortunatly you were offline by the time i read your post.

He managed to contact his solisitor this morning aftre several attemps, He said he could not join him in the meeting as he had to go to court but to go to the meeting and see what they had to say.

He said that the letters he had been sent are from a different department in the housing and has nothing to do with his claim. Which in my opinion is a load rubbish as its still the same housing.

He also said to inform him of the outcome and he would take it from there.

Once again thanks for your reply and i will let you know how he gets on after the meeting

x Roz x