HFC Loan and DLC/Hillesden assignment?

mcuth
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4017 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After 3 months of silence, yesterday I received a standard "Notice before proceedings" letter from Ruthbridge advising that a county court claim will be issued in 7 days - apparently, proceedings will continue in Kingston County Court, uhuh, yeah, riiiight :D

Am filing this one under "ignore" - if they want to start court action, then bring it on 'cos I can't wait :)

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Please see the following copyright statement

It gets better - today I've had a "Without Prejudice" letter from my friend Jason Evans in the Legal Department at Ruthbridge. This states that despite their "many attempts to contact" me, I "have totally ignored or disregarded all [our] efforts to resolve this matter" and they're now advising their client to commence bankruptcy proceedings - of course the letter warns of all the perils that that entails (:rolleyes:)

The alleged debt, by the way, is for £765.82, so they could go for bankruptcy legitimately. Whether they do or not makes absolutely no odds to me - I'm actually planning on going bankrupt later on this year, so they'd save me the £500 in fees! :lol:

That said, I wouldn't like to miss out on the opportunity to completely humiliate this bunch of chancers (along with DLC/Hillesden) in court - which is what would happen if I accepted an attempt to bankrupt me so I could save the fees! Oh, decisions decisions....:D

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Awww bless, I've had another Without Prejudice letter from Mr Jason Evans at Ruthbridge - I am, apparently, "hereby given notice that bankruptcy proceedings are due to commence" and they will be advising their client "no later than 14-08-2008 to issue a petition" for my bankruptcy (hmm, methinks they'll have to issue a Statutory Demand first, in order to get the right to petition....:rolleyes:).

That said, they are, rather generously, offering a final opportunity to avoid legal proceedings and are prepared to accept a lump sum payment of £513.10 in full & final settlement. And, get this, an added incentive is that their clients would mark the debt as "satisfied" with the CRAs.

Wow, what a wonderful offer - let me rush to take them up on it............. NOT :rolleyes:

I would dearly love to save £500 on bankruptcy costs, but I think it's time for me to draft a little missive to my new friend....:D

Cheers

Michael

• 5 weeks later...

My new friend Mr Evans obviously doesn't want to end our correspondence so soon by making me bankrupt - he's written again from the "Litigation & Enforcement Centre" (ROTFL) saying that Ruthbridge have been instructed to recover the debt and there's no mention of bankruptcy!

Shame that... :D

Cheers

Michael

• 1 month later...

Update - Ruthbridge are now offering their "debt counselling service" for this - just written back saying I'd rather they petition for my bankruptcy :D

Cheers

Michael

• 10 months later...

I am dealing with DLC/Hillesden Securitiies re: Egg card debt. It has been going on now for a few months. I asked for a true copy of the agreement etc which I received - dated 2003 and looks to be my signature etc. I have a 'Lifestyle" sheet to complete and return. Why do I need to include partners income when the debt is in my name? Can anyone advise?

I am dealing with DLC/Hillesden Securitiies re: Egg card debt. It has been going on now for a few months. I asked for a true copy of the agreement etc which I received - dated 2003 and looks to be my signature etc. I have a 'Lifestyle" sheet to complete and return. Why do I need to include partners income when the debt is in my name? Can anyone advise?

Hi Faded Rose - welcome to CAG

You say you have a signed agreement but is it enforceable? i.e. does it also have the prescribed terms on it? Many Egg agreements are dodgy.

If you want comments on it post it up (minus your personal details) but suggest you do so on a seperate thread in the Egg forum.

BTW you don't have to send any I&E details to these people. If you feel you want to negociate a payment plan with them, do it on your terms. Decide how much you are going to pay monthly & suggest they agree to that or take you to court where you will plead poverty & they will get even less!! And do NOT sign a direct debit - insist on setting up a standing order. DDs leave you exposed as you do not have the same control over what is taken from your account & when.

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

• 3 years later...
Well you really don't have aything further to say to them.

I really like this part

So that would be a reconstituted agreement that is COMPLETELY unenforceable in court.

Oh dear so sad.

Time for TS as this is a totally unsubstantiated debt;)

I just wondered where a reconstituted agreement isn't enforceable in court and the law that supports your claim because I am in the process of exactly that situation, a charging order backed by a reconstituted agreement and it would be great to know how I can bat the ball back.

thanks

• dx100uk changed the title to HFC Loan and DLC/Hillesden assignment?