• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

DLC are annoying me

Goldlady
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5712 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I haven't posted about this one apart from the odd mentions on other people's threads (Hi DMD:)). CCA request to Barclaycard produced a very basic application form as seen before many times on here. They then proceeded to send me a full set of copy statements, in no particular order, and a set of T&Cs from 2006 - the card is at least 15 years old.

I then got a letter from Hillesden telling me that they had now fully complied with my CCA request and that they would be happy to rely on the aforementioned documents in any future proceedings. This was in September. I had previously sent them a letter telling them I did not accept that they had complied and suggested they put it to the test:shock:

No more correspondence, well a couple of 'you must ring DLC' letters and pretty pink postcards, but almost every day when I check my messages the DLC robot is telling me I must ring them. OH did get a real person last week when he answered the phone.

Just wondered how long it will be before they go away? If anyone has a suitable missive to tell them once and for all to either go for it or get lost I would love to see it.

Thanks

Goldlady

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Hillesden refer to 'our client' Barclaycard so presume it still belongs to them.

BANK CHARGES

Others

Thanks CB - I have no doubt they will ignore it in the same way that I ignore their threatograms - but then you never know. Watch this space! BTW I am sure Hillesden and DLC are same company but for reasons best known to them they seem to interchange depending on the level of intelligence required for the response:p

BANK CHARGES

Others

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Dear Sir or Madam,

I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why DLC continue to pursue this alleged debt, as it is in dispute with Barclaycard and has been since 28 June 2007. 12 plus 30 days after my cca request

Not only is this a breach of OFT collection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998.

A letter from Hillesden Securities dated xx June 2007 intimated that my complaint would be resolved on within 21 days; this obviously hasn’t happened.

As Barclaycard are now in default of my Consumer Credit Act request, I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE.

As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default enforcement action is NOT permitted, under s127 this constitutes a complete defence at law.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to Barclaycard for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as DLC cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If DLC chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

After taking advice, I am of the opinion that any continued pursuit is in violation of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 section 40 as well as breaching a number of the OFT Collection Guidelines.

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished. I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

Additionally, in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing, I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. my robot will record your robot lol

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

BANK CHARGES

Others

Oh yes, that's the trouble when you cut and paste!! Thanks CB.

BANK CHARGES

Others

• 3 weeks later...

Reply from Hillesden in response to my letter to DLC!!

'We can confirm that we have complied (with) your request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and have supplied you with a copy of your original agreement (application form) and a statement of account, as requested.

Please confirm your reasons as to why the account is still in dispute.

And the D L C robot has stopped ringing us.

So what do I tell them now? :confused:

• Haha 1

BANK CHARGES

Others

Thanks renegotiation - and have a lovely Xmas yourself.

OH has spoken to them a few times but his telephone answering manner is enough to put off the most hardened DCA employee. I'll never forget the way he spoke to MBNA on our neighbour's phone :mad: - they didn't try that trick again.

BANK CHARGES

Others

• 2 weeks later...

Have not thought of a suitable reply to their letter asking why the account is still in dispute. Maybe I need to hit the voddie like DMD to come up with some words of wisdom.

The DLC robot rang again today. Do they really think that people will ring back when a Dalek has left them a message? Mind you my eight year old son probably would:D

BANK CHARGES

Others

CB you are a star - I typed that letter without the keyboard tapping once;)

Will get this off to them and see what happens next.

• Haha 1

BANK CHARGES

Others

:D Thanks SP - I think it is getting to that stage.

I was going to print out the Wikipedia definition of unenforceable and send them that.

BANK CHARGES

Others

• 2 weeks later...

Newsflash

DLC's robot is moonlighting for AIC (Allied International Credit).

Either that or she has been headhunted and offered a higher salary:D

• Haha 1

BANK CHARGES

Others

• 3 months later...

Ssssh. The robot is sleeping.

Have heard nothing for a couple of months now. Last time we got a call from a real person OH told them we would have them for harassment if they called again;)

I very much doubt that they have gone away for ever, but you never know....

BANK CHARGES

Others

• 4 months later...

Oh, back into action. Had a letter from JB Debt Recovery now. Apparently I have ignored Hillsden's letters (?) - I thought I had bored them to death with my three page replies telling them what a CCA is:D. So now this lot are on the case.

Reply ?

Ignore and File ?

They have even invited me to text them and they will call my mobile immediately. Oh yes, I am definitely going to give them my mobile number:eek:

Edited by Goldlady
missed a bit
  • Haha 1

BANK CHARGES

Others

haha - i have two lever arch files full of cr*p already - the last thing I need is to get copies of their silly letters:D

I guess JB must be the hard guys - I am actually using their scary letter as a mousemat at the moment and I have spilt some wine on it too! Oh, I see they are in Glasgow - so now I need to be really scared:eek:.

BANK CHARGES

Others

Ha, then we can all shout at them. I have just sent a letter to the Halifax re a stupid and unjustified charge and signed it as Goldlady LLB (Hons), CAG. Thought it was a good set of letters to put after your name. I wonder if they know what CAG stands for.......

BANK CHARGES

Others