• Tweets

• Hi With the Section 21 Notice I do hope the Landlord issued you with: Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) for the Property How to Rent Guide A current Gas Safety Certificate (if gas in the Property) If above have not been provided to the Tenant by the Landlord then they can't use a Section 21 Notice until the above have been provided (note you don't warn the Landlord of this until but put it in your defence) Have a good read of this link: Evicting tenants in England: Section 21 and Section 8 notices - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK Information for landlords in England on tenant eviction: assured shorthold tenancies, including eviction notices, Section 21, Section 8, accelerated possession, possession orders, bailiffs  
    • good idea take some pix and put them in a PDF read UPLOAD dx
    • thread title updated moved to overseas debt forum. sadly as they are outside any UK jurisdiction upon DCA rules which state in the UK they must not call employers, there not alot you can do to stop these scammers. make sure you totally make private ALL social media twitter/facebook/linked in etc etc as there no-way for them to findout where you work otherwise so you must have a leak somewhere. find it. your employer details arent even legally available to UK DCA's so how have they found it out to date???  simply write to the BANK informing them of your correct and current address ALWAYS!!. if you want to arrange payment or not TO THE BANK ONLY thats upto you. never ever ignore a Statutory Demand a Letter Of Claim a Court Claimform. if if if any of those ever happen. till then ignore and rewash. dx    
    • Date of issue –   13 may 2024 AOS date 31st may defence filing date 14th june plenty of lowell card claimform threads here use our enhanced google searchbox Lowell card claimform id be reading at least 5-10 threads a day. do NOT MISS your defence filing whatever happens.  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

I owe a lot!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5639 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Lou, a year ago I was close to bankruptcy - now from all I have learned on here and the help I have had I have discovered that at least half of my debt is unenforceable and the rest is still hanging in the balance. I am no longer afraid to answer the phone and look forward to the post to see what is happening in each of my battles.

What a lot of these card companies are 100% guilty of is irresponsible lending - in my case it was ridiculous (like 2K increases at a time) but I was so skint at the time (business not personal extravagances) that I saw each credit limit increase as pennies from heaven. So if they haven't got their paperwork right, well that's their misfortune:D. Ask for as much advice as you need - you will get loads of help.

• Haha 1

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it is highly unlikely that they will all be enforceable - if any. Basically you have a right to ask for a copy of your original consumer credit agreement which is the evidence they would need to prove the debt if they took you to court. Many companies have not got anything at all, having destroyed the paperwork (in my case so far about 40K), and a great deal more send a copy of the application form which is in many cases not a valid agreement. One of the CCA gurus will no doubt post a list of the 'terms' which need to be on an agreement for it to be enforceable. Whether or not you have the original agreement is irrelevant - what you are now asking for is what they have on file against you.

Even if they are all enforceable and you did have to go bankrupt you have nothing to lose really - and if you find they are not enforceable then you have everything to gain.

• Haha 1

BANK CHARGES

Others

You will need a big file to keep all the letters in - keep copies of everything you send and every reply. I have lived without borrowing anything for the last 18 months as all my cards don't work anymore for some strange reason :lol: - sometimes I have no idea how I am going to buy food and stuff but I have managed and I will never ever again have a credit card.

Best of luck Lou - I look forward to hearing how you get on:)

BANK CHARGES

Others

Well you will probably need all the old letters, just incase, but if you start a new file for the new fighting back campaign it will make you feel so much better. I get so much therapy from filing stuff in my 'action' file.

It's almost like alcoholics anonymous - Hi my name is Goldlady and I am a victim of irresponsible lending.

BANK CHARGES

Others

Another thing - if they are giving you grief on the phone you can ask them to only contact you in writing. I am not very good at linking to letters but there is a whole rake of letters you can use on here for every possible situation.

Hope you can manage to carry all the CCA letters to the post office:D

BANK CHARGES

Others

I think that is how most of us ended up here. These people are pushing too hard and it is about time the worm turned! Hopefully you will get a good night's sleep, unless you lie awake plotting:D. It is almost unbelievable that you can get rid of certainly some debts because they haven't done their homework - sounds too good to be true. But the good people on here are not some sort of hard-sell bullsh*tters - they are people like you and me who have been a bit silly - as have the lenders.

One thing that amazed me was that I worked out on a spreadsheet ages ago that I had actually paid back the money I had borrowed from my cards and that all I now owe (or did in some cases) is interest and charges. So if I hadn't borrowed the damned money in the first place I would owe nothing to anyone;)

BANK CHARGES

Others

You could work it systematically rather than trying to do it all at once. You can send the CCA requests to the DCA's - they should pass it back to the original creditor (OC). I have done that with mine - waited until they got nasty and then sent the CCA letter.

BANK CHARGES

Others

I have just read your other thread. Will you please stop panicking - you have the help of some of the best people on here and you will be fine. Promise.

BANK CHARGES

Others

Yes, perhaps it is your fault, but if they hadn't put the temptation there would you have done it? I think not. You have a life to get on with and you cannot let this destroy you. And it won't.

I lived in terror of people coming to the house and one day when I was here by myself a thuggish character in a suit knocked at the door. I lay on the bedroom floor for at least half an hour, shaking like a jelly. i found out later he was from the council cos the neighbours had complained about our rubble mountain as we were converting the loft.

Never again will I let anyone put that fear into me. And neither should you - debt is NOT a crime - lending money to people who really can't afford to borrow it in the first place in my opinion IS.

• Haha 1

BANK CHARGES

Others

You have every chance of eradicating most of it - I have;) I was paying 2k a month to my creditors till the you know what hit the fan. They will not call round - they do not have the right. Hard to take in at the moment - I know - but really you have to take control here and you have the power to do it. In a month or two you will be helping other people with the experience you have gained from sorting out your own situation

BANK CHARGES

Others

Well once you have sent the CCA letters and they have not supplied you with the agreements you can stop paying them (12+2 working days then a further 30). OK if they find the agreements in the future they can enforce them again but that is kind of unlikely.

This is the beginning of the rest of your life. It will not take as long as you think.

BANK CHARGES

Others

No it makes no difference at all. Particularly if they can't prove the debt anyway. We are all human - if we could pay we would.

BANK CHARGES

Others

Actually for me it was the opposite. We got loads of grief from the DCAs until we sent the CCA letters, and of course the telephone harassment letter, and my favourite letter of all about only the postman and people looking for directions having a licence to knock at the door:D. The postman certainly didn't stagger up the path with a pile of valid CCAs, that's for sure. God knows what the poor guy thought when things were really bad - one day he HANDED me a card from a DCA saying 'we called today but you were out' :confused: - fell flat on their faces with that one.

My Dad would have been the same if he was still alive - he never had a debt in his life.

BANK CHARGES

Others

Lou, I do think in your situation you have come to a sensible conclusion. I would have done it myself as I think I said earlier, but I do own a small bit of a house (!) and have four kids to think of so I have gone down the 'fighting all the way' route. But I know several people who have gone BR and they all reckon it was the best thing they did, not including of course the wonderful people on here who will give you all the support you need. It certainly is no longer shameful and you can start living again.

Best of luck:)

BANK CHARGES

Others

Lou. I helped my friend's mum do the big B a few weeks ago and it was tough. She had been brought up in poverty, raised her four kids in not much better circumstances and then all of a sudden all these credit card people gave her massive credit limits. She had a couple of holidays herself but basically spent most of the money on her kids and grandchildren because it made her feel good after years of struggling. She had to go to court by herself but the judge was really nice, apart from making her feel like a naughty schoolgirl at the age of 65:p

You will be fine - as I have said many times these lenders are as much to blame as we are. You have done nothing wrong.

BANK CHARGES

Others

looking at tau's avatar I would be a little concerned about your new friends:D

BANK CHARGES

Others

Read that list Lou. Gambling has to be the total pits really. I have a client who gets £100 out when things are getting tough, loses it, then gets another £100, then another. It is quite scary looking at his bank statements - occasionally he wins a bit and puts it back, but that has to be the worst way of wasting money, whether it's your own or other people's. At least you have something to show for retail therapy!

BANK CHARGES

Others

Oh heck!! Well hopefully the agency will find you something else.. Where are you based and what do you do - you never know someone on here might be able to help you get another job;). There is the option of forcing the baddies to make you bankrupt which will save you the money. I know you can get exemption from some of the costs, but not all. Hopefully someone else will come up with some suggestions, but if you are now unemployed there is 'beggar all' the creditors can do about it and you can truthfully tell them that. You want all interest frozen and offer them a token payment of £1 a MONTH.

Don't panic - every cloud has its silver lining;)

BANK CHARGES

Others

I would agree with Tom. As I faced bankruptcy a year or so ago (before we discovered CAG) we were told that as we had a small amount of equity it would be possible for OH to buy out my share. I would think that if you have negative equity and the house is owned by two people the one not going BR could buy out the other's share for a token amount. But obviously check on this as Tom suggests.

BANK CHARGES

Others

All the best for tomorrow. Pretend you don't really want the job and you will be much more relaxed;)

BANK CHARGES

Others

Well done you;). The only way is up:D

BANK CHARGES

Others

Cor... and i thought the OR included food in the budget:)

:lol::lol:

Wish I could loose 4 stone, my misses would never recognise me. Hopefully :-)

:lol::lol:

It's good to laugh

BANK CHARGES

Others

You are so right Tau - I have lived on St John's Wort and alcohol for the past two years. And regarding the 'other' my OH keeps reminding me that our youngest is now 8:eek:. It seems to us that men and women deal with stress in different ways;)

BANK CHARGES

Others

• 2 weeks later...

Pleased to hear you are getting on top of things:p. Best of luck with the forms - they aren't complicated but take quite a while.

BANK CHARGES

Others

• 3 weeks later...

When I helped my friend's Mum fill hers in we said that she had always lived on the breadline and suddenly all these people gave her credit which she had never had in her life. (this was the truth) So she had spent money on holidays (two or three a year) and bought presents for her children and grandchildren. As fermi says it is really not important what you have spent it on - as long as it wasn't gambling:eek:. Clothes, partying, stuff like that - the OR is not going to repossess your wardrobe.

When my friend's Mum went before the judge she was scared stiff but he was really nice and she said afterwards he made her feel a bit like a naughty schoolgirl - at the age of 65!! But you have to remember that there are thousands of people going BR these days and that the lenders are just as much to blame for throwing credit at people.

BANK CHARGES

Others