• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

I owe a lot!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5618 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi again.

Putting my two penneth in: You must take advice, as various people have stated, but I think you are doing the right thing... My hubby had to declare himself bankrupt 18 months ago... Its not pleasant obviously, but it was right for us...

PM me, if you would like to ask any questions... I do often go over to MSE to try to help xx

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?

Personally speaking... once you get the forms from the court, it takes some time to fill them all in and get everything in black and white... It was quite hard seeing it in black and white, but it really made us face up to it and realise what we were up against and it was then we realised that we were doing the right, and only thing...

I spent a whole weekend just writing the forms out (AS I have said before, it was my hubby that had the nasty debts in his name, but I always considered that we got into this mess together and were jointly responsible) but by the time they were done and the court appointment was made, things got so much easier...

I asked the court what we should say to any creditor that phoned up, they said it was up to us, but it was perfectly acceptable to say to them that we had a bankruptsy appointment at so-and-so court, on so-and-so date.... which we did.

Just knowing the court date was looming was of course scarey, but also it was a feeling of relief..

As I said to you in an earlier post, things will feel better and get easier for you as soon as the appointment is set.

I am so glad we have been able to help you...keep in touch.

xx

• Haha 1

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

I have the feeling that you probably shouldn't mention to the OR that you have borrowed the money from a friend for the BR fee, on the basis that you are going to pay this money back to your friend. It will be seen as priotising (?) one debt over another. (ie you are still going to pay the debt back to your friend, but not to the other creditor)

But, having said that, I am pleased for you that you have managed to still be able to move forward and go for it, it took courage for you to make the decision to take this, obviously, very big step and I was concerned for you last week that it looked like you may have to back-track.

Good luck with the interview, I have no idea whether the credit checks will be relevant but I have everything crossed for you xx

brilliant............gawd you have had your fair share of ups and downs this last week or two.............

well done, congratulations xxx

Ditto to the weight loss... our BR hearing was 18 months ago. It became obvious at the end of November that we were sinking and something very serious had to be done, the actual decision and phone call to the court to arrange an appointment was done between the Xmas and New Year period. Our date was then set for the 1st March.

In November I was a slim size 12, by the time the appointment came with the OR at the end of March I was an appalling size 6. Its not that I did not eat, but the appetite had certainly gone. It was purely the stress of the unknown. I looked awful as size 10/12 is the size I should be. It took over a year to get back to size 12 again.

I beleive though that the problem was, we felt totally alone. No-one really knew what we were doing, I did not use this site, or any other forums, so had no support. We knew we were making the right decision for us, so that wasn't the issue really.

The few people we did confide in, we only did because we had to. My In Laws knew how hard things financially were for us, so we told them what was going on. MIL used to keep questioning us.."so? do you think they will take the car then? What about the kids computer games?" I know she was worried about us, but the stress involved was incredible.

My hubby had been suffering from depression for at least 2 years before the BR and had a breakdown 6 months before. Walking away from the OR appointment was a real turning point in our lives, and beleive me, it will be for you. Keep coming back to this (and MSE forums) the best thing you can do now is keep talking to people who know what they are talking about, You will rebuild your life again, and you will learn from this (we have) Things will get better and normality will not be a dream any more.

:)