Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

  • Our picks

    • If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

      On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

      Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

      The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

      I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

      Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

      Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

      The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

      Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

      One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

      Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

      We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

      It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.


      OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
        • Like

Log Book Loans... Yep Again

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6031 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi Guys,


Am new to this site and visited because i have read the vast majority of the your comments regarding these cowboys. i was wondering if anybody can offer advice?


Back in April i was stupid enough to take out one of these loans for 1500, well it was actually 2 for 750. i have been paying it back ever since, without a problem. Now there has been a problem with my work and i havent been paid this month. I made my last payment (£400) on 31 August. I should have been paid on the 28th september but i wasnt so i was unable to give them my usual monthly payment. On the 1st october i received a default notice on one account and then a default notice on the 3rd for another account. Each giving me 14 days. My new company will be paying me on the 26th october and i cna pay of the amount owed then. Does anybody think i will still have my car or will it be taken away by then? eveytime i ring all i get told is that it has to be paid by the end of the default notice.


Am sorry, i know there are a lot of threads about this company but at the moment i am i stuck with what to do.


Any advice anybody could offer would be appriciated


Thanks again



Link to post
Share on other sites

OK. I would firstly be checking that this agreement is in fact secured on your car. LBL use something called a Bill of Sale in addition to the credit agreement. It's the BOS that secures the debt to your car so if there is anything wrong with it ( there frequently is ) then you owe them the money but they cannot take your car 9 so in theory you can offer to pay what you can afford ).


Bills of sale must contain certain information to be legally binding and they must also be registered at the High Court in London within 7 days of the agreement being taken out. It would be really useful if you could scan copies on here ( remove personal info ) for someone to have a look.


Or take them to a local CAB or tarding standards who should also be able to check for you. You can check if it's been reg'd at the High Court yourself but you have to do so in writing:


Make a written application (no internet service) with a £5 fee (obviously best if recorded/special/registered delivery)

Provide the name and address of themselves and the other party

  • The address is Judgement and Orders Section, Room E15, Royal Courts of Justice, Strand, London, WC2A 2LL

Meantime I would park the car a few streets away or out of sight.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Thanks for your fast reply.


I dont have the bill of sale anymore. In all honesty i have signed the contract and am prepared to pay what i owe on the contract. My main concern is if the car will be repossed in the 10 days from when the default notice ends to when i get pain and can pay them?


I have offered a token payment of £100 but have bene told that as it is on default all the arrears have to be cleared so £100 makes no difference.


How soon do they come to take your car after the default notice ends?


Also i have read on here that if you have paid more than 1/3rd of the agreement (which i have) they cannot take you car, is this true?


Many thanks



Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Guys,


Thanks for your help.


I will write tonight. Do you know if i wil receive a response in time? Default ends on 14th? If not will they come nad pick the car up on monday the 15th?





Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish i could, it is a Taxi and now my farther is driving it.


I wish this company could understand what stress and hasle they put people under. After reading the horror stories on here its amazing there still in buisness. I need to find a way to hold them for 10 days from when the default notice ends until i get paid. I recon if bailifs turn up i will be kicked out of parents house without a doubt.

Link to post
Share on other sites

yep i will post it tonight, then just pray that i get a response in time


If it come back and says it is secured on my vechile do i have a hope in hells chance of waiting until the 26th?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, just thought i would give a update. Now i know alot of people hate them but in all honesty i have just spoken to a really nice lady in there credit control team who has agreed to hold my account until i need. Light at the end of the tunnel and for me i have to give them a thumbs up. She understood my situation and has helped.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For your own protection I think you should still pursue the registration issue. Even if it's sorted this time, and I use the word "if" deliberately, you will know better where you stand should you have another problem.


I hope it is sorted for your sake, but I'd advise you not to take any chances with LBL.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...