All Scottish bank charges claims sisted - NOT ANY MORE!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6053 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A couple of weeks ago the Sheriff Depute, who is in charge of all the sheriffs in Scotland instructed that ALL bank charges claims are to be sisted pending the outcome of the OFT case in January.

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

Yes, there is a point, if for no other reason than to get it in the system. It is possible that the sheriff clerk won't accept the claim form, but I think it's still important to try, especially if your friend has charges going back a few years. Otherwise they could eb statute barred by the time the banks and the oft have finished farting about.

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

Well the judge has granted the sist which i thought he would when after using the arguments from the GLC and the case in inverness he said that he was aware of the inverness case but had a different opinion than the sheriff there.

He also said that whilst he is aware that i am frustrated he wanted to wait untill the OFT case was finalised.

I said that that case was not binding in scottish law and although he agreed he felt that it would filter down to here or words to that effect.

He felt that if he did not grant the sist then it would be almost certainly appealed which would waste valuable court time plus more expense for me.

So i guess i will just have to wait a bit longer but i personally think that my chance has gone as the high court will probably side with the banks

Robert where did you get this information- I cannot find it anywhere even on the Scottish Courts website? I also cannot find any reference to the 'sheriff depute' being in charge of all sheriffs in Scotland.

written entirely without prejudice to my whole rights and pleas in law and may not be founded upon in any proceedings.:lol:

I was at Dunfermline sheriff court last week on another matter. About half the case that day were for bank charges. The sheriff explained the situation to about half a dozen people before my case came up.

Robert - I suggest you remove this sticky in the light of Mikes research - see this link http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/scotland/113916-no-stays-scotland-new-post.html

written entirely without prejudice to my whole rights and pleas in law and may not be founded upon in any proceedings.:lol:

Yes, you're quite right.

Robert - I suggest you remove this sticky in the light of Mikes research - see this link http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/scotland/113916-no-stays-scotland-new-post.html

Sorry Robert I just 'Reported' it to get it off as quickly as possible- hope you don't mind!!!

No probs.

Can someone pm an administrator post a new sticky something like 'Absolutely no blanket stays in Scotland' and put Mikes information there???