CAG Fraud Warning - YOU can beat ID Theft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4584 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It's a long time since I posted on here. What prompted me was the CAG's Fraud Warning about bogus calls.

I posted on this topic quite some time ago so here's a reminder:

Here’s what YOU can do to prevent those who call, or steal your personal information by other means so they can pretend to be you for such purposes as:

· Applying for credit cards or loans.

· Opening Bank Accounts for Money Laundering purposes.

· Applying for instant credit (i.e to purchase mobile phones etc in store)

· Applying for any financial product or service which requires your signature.

· Applying for financial services online.

What to do:

Use the facilities available to you at present for the cost of 3 x Envelopes, 3 x Letters and 3 x Stamps.

There’s more information and templates available at www.freeidprotection.co.uk

On the Free ID protection website you’ll find all the information you need including links to media articles from Radio 4s Money Box, TechWorld etc.

Since its introduction 5 years ago, no one using the above system has reported being a victim of these types of ID Theft.

Internet Fraud is soaring. Stolen card details, obtained by numersous means are being used to buy goods. This too is true from goods bought over the phone or by mail order.

So how can WE the consumer prevent this from happening. Sure, the card companies will refund your money but there's the incovenience of phone calls, letters and general inconvenience, plus the added cost of fraud to ALL of us.

There is no reason whatsoever why the above system (which is consumer driven) couldn't be adapted to deter this type of fraud. I'd like to speak to someone from the CAG about this.