Chuppey vs stinky A&L

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6196 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Been mooching about this site for about a month now, learning the lingo and getting my facts straight. My dpa 40 days is up on 29th May, they havent sent my statements or cashed the £10 check (no great surprise!) and I am wondering if I should give them a nudge now or wait the full 40 days? I know from experience that they can get quite stroppy on the phone so I dont really want to call but maybe a letter? I thought I saw a template here the other day but now I cant find it.

I will be guided by the advice I am given here, have been on a few sites but this one really struck me as the best. You all seem to know your stuff and give honest opinions!!

I am also a bit worried as I live in Birmingham and dont want to go to court!!!!! Hubby says knowing my luck, that judge will probably make an example of me and I will end up doing a six month stretch!!

Cheers

C

Hi Chuppey ,

A&L usually send your DPA request out right on the 40 day limit as they probably know whats coming. I dont think a phone call would make any difference as they will just say they've got 40 days.

The letter you probably saw was in the bank templates section and this can only be used if you dont receive your request by 40 days.

I wouldn't worry too much about the Lloyds case in Birmingham as it can't set a precedent in a County Court , each case is judged on its own merit and cases have been settled in our favour since this.

Good luck

Joe

thanks Joe,

I think my patience is running low now, only a week to go but it has been the longest 40 days ever!!! I just want my statements as I worked out that I had paid £250 in the last 6 months so that x 6 years is quite a lot of squids that I really want back :)

I will just bide my time a little bit longer, I can see from all the other posts that there is no point getting my hopes up, it is a bit of a lottery as to whether they send them out or not..... still, they will have to give them to me eventually, more waiting I guess, I will keep you all informed...

If they dont arrive in 40 days send the non compliance letter.

All the letters you will need are here...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

thanks sea-sidelady, I think I will give them a call as I just read Bankfodders advice.....

The bank has 40 days in which to comply with your request. You would be well advised to follow the request up with regular chasers - by telephone if possible but also by letter - especially if you have not received any acknowledgement of your request. Keep a diary of all calls and copies of all letters. You are urged to record telephone conversations if possible.

I guess it cant hurt to remind them that to comply they will need to post my statements out by friday to ensure I get them for Tuesday, I know they will just go on about 40 days etc etc but I can always end the call if they arent very helpful, as they havent cashed my check I just want to nudge them a bit, in case they put my request in the bin!!!

Cheers

Chups

I rang last Tuesday and a very nice chap said they had been posted first class the previous Friday, and then, the statements came on Friday.

I have just totalled them up to £814. I did think it would be more than that but it is £944 with interest, not a small amount, and I want it back!!

Prelim letter from template typed and ready to post special delivery at lunchtime. It feels good to finally get the ball rolling and know what I am claiming.

keep you posted.