Mikeyboy v Nationwide

Mikeyboy99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6480 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After trawling the site yesterday and again this morning, I'm all set to start. Can anyone answer this question for me before I do: It would appear that at some point during the process, Nationwide will close my account(s), will this just affect the accounts I'm trying to claim on, or will they basically sever all links?

The reason I ask is that I have a savings account with them, albeit empty, but which I've had for many years, meaning should they demutualise in the future I would be entitled to a "windfall". Will making a claim against them affect this account aswell?

Also, I have all the statement details I need, but is it best to start the whole process from the beginning and request the information, or is that just a waste to time and money?

Thanks - quite scary this, but it was nice to go to bed not worrying about money last night, and there seems to be a very dim light at the end of a very long tunnel for the first time in a long while.

Just completed my SAR - turns out the internet banking which I have used since opening the account 4 years ago, will only let me go back 13 months? Anyway in that time there's over £2000 in charges, I nearly fell off my chair adding them up, and there was smoke coming from the calculator. I know this will slow the process down but I reckon there could be at least 3 times that amount going back, so hopefully it will be worth it.

Anyway, off to the post office to send it recorded - let the games begin.

It will definitely be worth it :)

And they will close your accounts, even you savings one. Still, what you get back would probably be more than you would have got should you ever have got a windfall :)

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Thanks, I know the whole issue of closing accounts is being looked at from what I've read through, so we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Will this also affect our son's child trust account, or as its in his name will it be left alone?

I *think* it will be OK...they left my kids normal saving accounts alone.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....