Jump to content

rent/council tax help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

i have applied for a rent/council tax rebate but am told i am not eligible cos i owned my own house in the previous 5 years but i have been made redundant and only get £65 a week and my rent is £250. help please

Link to post
Share on other sites

As afr as I am aware and can find out CT benefit is not going to be affected by the fact you owned your own home in the past 5 years. But theres not really enough other info to go on.


Do you have a partner?

Do they work?

Did you receive any redundancy pay? How much?

Do you still live in the house you owned, was it sold? Do you receive any money from the proceeds, etc?


The first two will def affect your CT, and all will affect your HB

Edited by Emma1973
Likkle extra question!
Link to post
Share on other sites

i dont have a partner. its just me and my daughter and she is unemployed as well. i did get redundancy pay but it was below the £6000 limit and the only money i got from the sale of my house was about £5000 but that was way back in september 2008 and it paid off a lot of bills and paid for christmas.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...