• Tweets

• So if I've understood correctly, you had a meeting with a company who employ PPM to manage their car park, but PPM gave you a ticket and the company refuse to get it cancelled.  Eh???!!! You are being somewhat secretive with the details and it would help us to give correct advice if you would be crystal clear about the story.  Who did you have the meeting with?  What is their address?  Why do you think it was them who called in PPM?  Were you informed about the matter of the permit by this company?  Etc.
    • What a disgraceful shirking of responsibility.  Par for the course though I'm afraid with Iceland. You could get nasty and send them a version of the below (you know the local area so change what needs to be changed). Unfortunately the people who are replying are having to comply with the company policy which is being foisted on them - which is not to cancel tickets. But you might as well send the mail and try.   Dear Cissy, thank you for today's mail. Of course you are "able" to cancel the charge, you simply contact Excel and tell them to cancel the charge. I will wait for exactly 24 hours and then contact the local newspaper XXXXX and the local radio station XXXXX about Iceland's disgraceful disability discrimination.  Nothing much happens in Gravesend so I'm sure both will be happy to do a piece which will generate terrible publicity for your store and drive away customers, which is exactly what you deserve. Yours, XXXXX 
    • You are absolutely right to be cautious. It would be helpful if you will be prepared to send me a private message containing details of the outlet and the address et cetera. It might help me to get things more into perspective. So I understand that you had a business selling your husband's photographs. You were unable to continue your direct involvement and so you made an arrangement with a manager who you trusted to carry on the business for you while you were recovering elsewhere in the country. Is this correct? This manager has possession of all the files of your husband's photographs. Is this correct? Do you have any copies of the files? You made a reference to having a Co-op. Does that mean that you are running a Co-op supermarket or groceries outlet? I don't quite understand here. In terms of the possibility of continuing the arrangement with this manager – my own view is that you need to bring the arrangement to an end and I don't see how you could trust them. As far as I can see you are asking about two issues. Making sure that the files in the manager's position are destroyed so that you regain control of the photographs. Obtaining some damages for the loss of revenue. How many photographs do you believe are in his possession? What you estimate is your loss of revenue so far – probably calculated on your average revenue over, say, the five years before you stopped your involvement in the business? You are talking here not only about a breach of contract. You are talking also about breach of copyright and frankly you're also talking about deliberate copyright infringement – which is a criminal offence. Also fraud. Additionally, if you begin the dispute with this person, I would say that they will probably leave immediately. Have you got somebody else to run the business or would that be the moment that the whole thing collapses? If it is the latter, then this is something else that you need to prepare – somebody to take over as seamlessly as possible   Also, do you know the address of this person – and do they own their own home or any other assets?  
    • Just as i thought (from above post) : i just hope this is not the normal customer service that say they cant do anything and that you have to appeal to excel parking 🙄 this is the response my friend has received today - totally ignoring the subject which was: 'victim of disability discrimination on the part of your agents' does anyone have any ideas to reply with please?     Thank you for your response.   I would like to apologise for the error in the previous email; our CEO, Tarsem Dhaliwal had received your email and tasked ourselves in the Executive Resolution Team with looking into this.   We have raised this with our internal property department who have more information on parking charges and any appeals, we can see that you had appealed the PCN with excel which was rejected, you then appealed the PCN with IAS which was also rejected.   Because of this, we would not be able to cancel or refund the charge.    I understand this may not be the outcome you had hoped for, I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.   Kind regards, Cissy
    • Officials at the Federal Reserve are expected to hold off on any interest rate cuts this month.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Link Financial have done a mass mailing of Default Notices re: assigned accounts.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received another one of Link's messages today, it had been left with someone who lived nearby - so they are up to their old tricks again of leaving messages with neighbours, etc, as they don't have a telephone number (and won't be getting one either!). I have telephoned TS to complain about this, as it is the third or fourth time they have done this, depsite being told not to and to contact me in writing only. I was told by Consumer Direct when I first complained that this is an offence under the Administration of Justice Act, and I informed TS (Caerphilly) of this today. I am determined they are not going to keep getting away with this. What a nerve - Link actually informed me themeselves that if they did this kind of thing again (after I complained the first time) it would be harassment and so they wouldn't do it. Unbelievable. Magda

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just spoken to Caerphilly on the telephone, and the attitude of the manager there was appalling. I explained about the harassment issue - Link contacting neighbours etc, and he said I should contact myown TS. I asked why, when Link had committed a criminal offence (before the law changed) by not supplying my agreement, were TS not doing anything in response. He said it was their (Link's) word against mine and wasn't interested in the fact that I have proof of Link's non-compliance with the Act. I said it was worrying that they were refusing to do their job and perhaps there was a conflict of interest in that Link are a local employer employing a number of people. He did not take kindly to this and said basically that I could think what I like, he would not be pursuing my complaint against Link, despite the evidence I have that they committed an offence. I asked how many complaints Caerphilly had received and he went quiet for a moment and said he refused to discuss it. I also mentioned Lambeth and the complaints there, but again, he didn't want to know. I am absolutely furious that these people are being paid to provide a service and fail so miserable on all counts. Magda

I know, Link get away with murder and TS are just a huge joke. I am going to email the government minister, I think it is Gareth Thomas, and ask why TS are not doing their job. I have received about three of these messages now from Link via neighbours (I say neighbours, but often the person taking the message lives some distance away). They have a duty to act in this kind of situation, but they couldn't care less. It is very suspicious, I think, that all of our compalaints appear to be brushed under the carpet. Magda

It's disgusting in that their business works on false information and bullying.

I imagine people on this forum are a minor amount of cases brought and that most people will just go and pay without a fight. And even when you do fight they actually contend your defense which is valid.

At least some people are now fighting back (yourself included) and this company isn't getting everything their own way as far as their court claims are concerned - they don't always win, that only happens for certain if people back down or don't know their rights. I have now telephoned my local TS and I am going to insist that they do something about these telephone messages that Link keep leaving, which is against the Administration of Justice Act (according to Consumer Direct) and they are actually committing an offence. If local TS don't act, I will add this on to the list of complaints to Gareth Thomas. Regards, Magda

Emailed caerphilly again today AC, and mentioned your name and the fact that you have been having ongoing discussions with Robert Gardner at Lambeth and that this in itself is proof that they have received more than just one complaint, as we are aware that there have been many. Caerphilly stated in their final response to me previously that Asset Link had committed an alleged breach, however, it was not alleged and I have repeatedly informed caerphilly that I can provide proof of this breach should they require it. However, they simply were not interested at the time. They prefer not to have any proof and that way they don't have to actually do their job. I also raised the matter regarding Asset's current licence status. I do not expect to get a reply from Caerphilly, the person I spoke to yesterday was extremely rude, but I shall inform the Minister for Consumer Affair when I email him that Caerphilly are not prepared to assist in this matter. I also contacted my local TS and again gave the above details, the TS officer said she is going to speak to both Lambeth and the OFT regarding the various issues raised, including the matter relating to Link's licence, so will wait and see what kind of response she comes back with. I do still intend though, in the meantime, to email Gareth Thomas (Minister for Consumer Affairs) and ask for a full explanation as to why these companies, despite all the laws in place which are supposed to protect us, continue to operate in the manner theydo. Thanks again AC for the details, Magda

• 4 weeks later...
Happy new year to all here at the Link unappreciation society......

They have been very quiet lately which probably means they are waiting for the primary schools to start back so they can get a new bunch of five year olds to write their letter templates!!!

Heard nothing from OFT despite two emails complaining about Link's licence status......what a suprise there

Tierisch

Happy New Year to everyone as well. I had a message on my answering machine over Xmas stating that my local TS (Caerphilly had washed their hands of the matter previously and said the harassment issue needed to be dealt with locally) stating that my complaint had been passed on direct to the OFT and the file has been closed, as my complaint is the only one they have received locally. I rang today and asked, why, when complaints have been received by Caerphilly and Lambeth, they do not liaise with these authorities and collate the number of reported complaints and act on them, which after all, is TS job. I was told there is nothing they can do other than report it to OFT. The TS officer did mention that Link's licence is up for renewal (which of course we know) and they will be looking at the complaints, so I just hope these have been passed on to OFT by Caerphilly and Lambeth also, as they seem to be constantly stating that they are not aware of any other complaints, which is a blatant lie. It would be great news wouldn't it if Link didn't get their licence renewed, I would absolutely love that. The five year olds will all be out of a job if that does happen! Magda

This is absolutely ridiculous, surely when a complaint is made locally, it is then passed on to the TS branch dealing with that company .. isnt it ??.

Hi CB, apparently not. I was told that the local TS had only received one complaint - mine, and therefore would not be taking further action. I asked why they don't liaise with Lambeth and Caerphilly, when they have so obviously received complaints also, but was told that isn't the way things work, and it is simply a case of passing it on to the OFT as the local TS don't have the resources anyway to act, given the only complaint they are aware of is mine! So obviously it made more sense for me to complain to Caerphilly, as I did, but they didn't want to know either and said that the harassment issue had to be dealt with locally! It's a no win situation isn't it. Don't know what the latest is from Lambeth, any updates AC? Regards, Magda

Edited by MAGDA
typo

I have read today with a mixture of horror and where appropriate glee about various dealings you have all had with LINK and i do not intend to sit on my hannds when it comes to complaining about them!!!!

I have found my DN sent via tnt dated 20th sept and it is exactly the same as others posted on here apart from the bit saying when it was assigned (mine is feb 2005). As stated previousley i paid the MBNA C/C account in full back in 2002. I have not obtained a copy of my credit report but actively want to pursue for harrasment etc as i have asked them not to contact my step-father and am incensced they originally harrased my step fathers elderly neighbour.

To whom do i write to first to complain or in what order should i write to OFT and all the other various ministers and relevant agencies??

I also want to request all the info and paperwork held about me from MBNA and LINK. I obviousley have an address for link to do this but i have no corresponding address for MBNA i aslo have not attempted anything like this before.

I would like to know how to go about doing this and how to do it in such a way that i do not re-start any time periods or processes as i have been told by Citizens Advice that if MBNA originally did not issue court proceedings then under staute laws Link cannot pursue the debt.

Hi, your best option would be to Subject Access Request (Subject Access Request) MBNA, and hopefully the documentation you receive back should prove that the debt was settled at the time you say. You will need to enclose a payment for £10 to cover the fee for this. I would think MBNA will have a website and it should have contact details on there. I would then write to Link and confirm that the debt was settled on such and such a date, and that you have no intention of corresponding with them further and that you intend to complain to the appropriate Authorities about their conduct. You can complain to the OFT via their website, where you should be able to find a contact email address also. They (Link) make a habit of contacting neighbours, people living a mile down the road, or whoever they can get hold of basically, and Trading Standards seem to think this is ok! Hope this helps, Magda

• 2 weeks later...
If i send a £1 postal order to links address asking for my C/A will they even get it??? It seems to be a mail forwarding/processing operation at Albert Embankment and po box numbers dont usually have anyone there to sign for a registered delivery.

Research shows it is also used by various charities but as this is the only address i have for them on the top of their correspondence to me can i assume that by sending stuff there i have done so in good faith and should reasonably expect an answer from them.

If you send it registered to the PO BOX address (usually shown on any correspondence you have received) it will be fine, there will be someone to sign for it. I have sent several letters to Link (recorded/special) and they have been ok. Magda

• 3 weeks later...

Did you hear anything further from Lambeth in the end, AC? just wondering if you had as much luck as I did with Caerphilly:rolleyes: and my local TS - what a waste of time they both were. Magda

• 2 weeks later...
No MAGDA,

I have not heard a dicky bird!

We now are all aware the the so-called regulators, do not regulate.

I note that yesterday, John McFall, Chairman of the Treasury Select Committee stated:

"The FSA is Industry dominated,

with no Consumer representation"

It is my opinion that, this view filters down through all the regulatory departments;

The OFT;

FOS;

The ICO and;

Trading Standards.

The Trading Standards Service procedure is out of date, they are not doing their jobs correctly. Trading Standards have a duty to fully investigate complaints and then act, but what do they do?

they play pass the parcel and end up, doing a heads down.

Not good enough TS;

the times are a changing...

AC

p.s. The top man at the FSA has just resigned!

Be interesting to know what is happening about Link's licence - TS told me that it was up for renewal which we all knew of course and implied the OFT would be looking at it. So, I wonder if they've finished looking and actually managed to make a decision - wouldn't have thought so... As you say AC, they TS put their heads down and act as though the complaint was never received, and OFT are pretty much the same. They always blame it on lack of resources, but I think the truth of the matter is that they just can't be bothered and also quite often have a far from unbiased relationship with the company concerned. Magda

Hi AHMTHSSN

How are you paying the £20 per month to Cap One?

If it is buy standing order/direct debit then I feel it would be best simply to continue with this arrangement and ignore Link. If you have already made an arrangement and are paying Crap One then I don't see what the problem is and why the debt has been sold.

Under no circumstances telephone either the credit card company or Link ... conduct all communications ONLY in writing and don't sign any letters with your usual signature.

If anyone else can confirm this advice it would be good to hear your views.

I would also send a letter asking for a true copy of the agreement. Knowing Cap one they won't be able to provide it - the best they can usually come up with is a signed application form. Magda

• 2 weeks later...
Approximately 18 months ago on a winters evening, one of my neighbours knocked on my door with a note in his hand.

He said somebody is trying to contact you, a friend, they have lost your telephone number, my neighbour then passed me the note:

"Angry Cat to call Alan on 020 7793 2683" (I kept the note for evidence)

Of course, I felt extremely embarassed as I knew who the caller was and I had only just moved in to my home!

Some time has passed since this event, but the feeling of embarassment and stress still haunts me...

There has been much correspondence between myself and Link Financial and recently I have been able to obtain copies of their

Activity and Memos Report;

Telephone Operators Notes;

Lo & Behold, the call made to my neighbour is clearly shown, correct date, operators ID number and a notation: result, neighbour.

So, now I have the note and the log to show the call was made.

I will be starting my own thread shortly.

AC

Hi AC, I have had several of these notes from Link, and I know exactly how you feel. I reported it to TS and they said it isn't harassment as they don't actually tell the person who they really are. I disagreed and said that they shouldn't be doing this at all and have absolutely no right to contact third parties to leave messages. The most annoying part of this is, that the first time it happened, I rang Link and they didn't even know why I had been asked to call! As usual though, TS are not even remotely interested. Will look out for your thread, Magda

No, you are quite right AC, they cause a lot of harm to vast amounts of people, both financially and emotionally, especially those who are more vulnerable to their threats, and they really couldn't care less.

Had a call phone from Link out of the blue, the other day - trying to link me to a debt of ex spouses (divorced over a decade ago, dead for a few years); someone else answered the call and naturally asked who was calling me. Link got very shirty, caller wouldn't give his name, only the company name and demanded to know the name of the person he was talking to! When I took their call he told me he had been instructed to call me but he didn't know why or what it regarded - he expected me to know; I'd never had any dealings with them before. This company simply beggar belief:mad:

yes, they are a bunch of idiots quite honestly. They are always taking people to court (myself included) and usually end up with egg on their face. Just ignore them and hopefully they will go away and annoy someone elseicon10.gif Magda

So, what are TS saying here.. it is ok for Link to tell an outright lie by claiming to be a friend ??

Yes, apparently so, as long as they don't mention outright the name of their company and the real purpose of the call, it's absolutely fine!! beyond belief isn't it. Magda

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Please Please HELP ME !!!!

This is about Link Financial Ltd., who started phoning my husband about 4 months ago looking for me (I was at work and he told them to phone back after 5 but they never did). Then in February 2009 I received a letter from them stating that I had been served a notice and that I had failed to reply to a letter they had previously sent me (which I never received). The letter stated that I was to contact a Mrs S Chambers to discuss paying back a balance of £915.48 owed to HBOS. My husband came across your wonderful forum and we gave Link Financial 14 days to show us proof that we did owe this money. They never wrote back and when I tried to contact Mrs S Chambers, I was dealt with by a very rude coloured gentleman?, who would not allow me to speak with Mrs Chambers and demanded information such as my date of birth, name, address etc, which they obviously already had and then promptly hung up the phone on me when I insisted I talk with Mrs Chambers. We have since had one phone call, and no further mail correspondence. But to put the icing on the cake now they have lodged a default notice on my credit report with Experian. I have now had to pay back my overdraft of £300 to Lloyds in full and they refuse to give me another overdraft until this default notice is removed from my credit report. I have asked Experian to contact Link on my behalf to remove the notice but Link refused. Where do I go from here? I have never had an HBOS account. On my credit report it states that the debt is for a credit card - I have never had a credit card and the start date and default date on my report are one and the same - 2004 - when I was living abroad! Please can you advise my next course of action as this is unforgivable and ruining my financial reputation. I NEED TO HAVE THIS DEFAULT REMOVED FROM MY REPORT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Thanks for reading.......Please help.

The best thing you can probably do at the moment is to send a SAR to Link and they should then provide all of the information they have relating to this alleged account. Hopefully that will provide you with the proof you need to challenge Link/HBOS, as you have no recollection of this account. Magda

Well they are at it again - been ringing relatives to find me and hiding who they are from. They are so dumb as a quick google tracks their number to Link financial. So off goes another complaint letter to them and to OFT

Hope the OFT will finally do something about it - it's about time they did.

Magda

Although I love the conspiracy theories, I'm afraid that it is more likely that they cannot give out information about complaints they receive. The Enterprise Act stops them.

I suspect that just because they won't tell you what they are doing does not mean that they are doing nothing. It might, of course, but I think it is a fairly simple matter relating to the Enterprise Act.

Read the Enterprise Act. There are also a fair few Freedom of Info Act requests on whatdotheyknow which also help to explain it.

I think it is true however, that if you annoy a trading standards chap then they will be less likely to try and help you, no matter what the merits of your complaint might be. The worst thing you can do is get known as an irritant or vexatious complainant. Little notice is then taken of you.

The first rule of sales is that people by from people - if you are looking to get help remember this. I'm amazed at how many people abuse independent adjudicators. Way to go to persuade him you are reasonable. Same applies to dealing with anyone.

I think most of us initially contact TS or whoever in a polite manner, as we are all intelligent enough to realise that we are asking them to help in some way. However, I believe the fact of the matter is that nine times out of ten they simply cannot be bothered to do their actual job. I complained about Link to Caerphilly and they listened to everything Link had to say and took their word as gospel. At the end of the day they informed me that nothing was being done and they had washed their hands of the matter as Link had done nothing wrong!! This, I gather, from reading other threads on here is pretty much the norm with TS.

I also think there is a problem with the actual realationship between these companies and TS - for example Caerphilly TS probably regard Link as being useful locally as they do of course employ a number of people in this area. Why rock the boat? Magda

Agree with Magda......my local TS were helpful and she did seem honest but stated that Link did not flag up at all. Given that they feature on here and MSE and other forums so much i find this hard to believe. As for DCAs well my experience to date is not complimentary and certainly Link makes it into the top ten of those i consider not to follow the rules.

Caerphilly TS told me they had not heard of Link before, which I found surprising as you say, given the number of complaints being generated from this forum alone. Magda

but this is the point isn't it? TS cannot acknowledge the existence of complaints so what else can they say?

And as for the number of complaints there don't actually seem to be that many on the forums compared to other dcas. I'd be interested if someone could count the number of new complaints about them this year and report back.

This goes back the debate in the commons - the chap said 11000 dca complaints last year. That is not that many compared to the billions of pounds and millions of accounts. I am not saying that there are not problems and things that need complaining about, but is is fairly evident that folk are not actually making complaints.

In context - the dcas get less complaints as an entire industry than one subset of the furniture industry - leather sofas alone get more, (if only a few hundred) and fabric more still.

Why would the elected masters bother if there are only 10000 or so votes in it for them?

How can we possibly criticise ts oft etc for not taking action against certain companies if we are not complaining about them? A handful of complaints alone is not going to be enough is, it?

If there is a problem, complain, complain, complain.

I think there have been more than a "handful of complaints" and AC would be the person to comment on that. There are a lot of people on the forum now having problems with link, and from what they say on their threads, it would appear complaints have been made to both TS and OFT. It is strange, don't you agree, how TS Caerphilly told me they had not heard of Link before when I know for a fact that other complaints had been made to Caerphilly regarding Link prior to mine. I realise they cannot disclose exact details, but to state that "oh, I haven't heard of that company before and we haven't had any other complaints whatsoever," is a blatant lie.

I think people are constantly making excuses for TS and OFT, i.e., they have limited resources etc, but the fact of the matter is that on the whole (i'm sure there are one or two who actually do their job) they suffer from a lack of motivation and a reluctance to act or to pursue any complaint. The senior officer dealing with my own case basically told me that Link were a wonderful company and he wouldn't be bothering them in any way. Magda

Totally agree MAGDA!

Kraken, I am always polite and business like in my communications with TS.

The problem here is not to do with individuals courtesy when dealing with TS. Rather, the fact that some TS are simply not doing the job that they are paid to do.

I have noted over the last few months that some TS have been quite up front about the numbers of complaints received. Of course, these complaints are not about banks or DCA's.

Trading Satndards relationship with banks/DCAs appears to conveniently differ from other complaints made about other industries. One would have thought that the Enterprise Act whould apply to these in the same gagging manner but that does not appear to be the case, as statistics on complaints received are often released.

Your point relating to, about being polite to TS and FOS adjudicators. Of course, one has to be polite but your suggestion conjures up an image of consumers having to behave like cowering frightened rabbits, in case the TS Officer or, FOS individual takes a dislike to them, therefore being likely to sink their ship/turn down and not investigate a valid complaint.

That is an outrageous suggestion!

Hundreds of consumers have complained about Link Financial to Trading Standards.

But Trading Standards are not aware of any complaints being made!?

Be under no illusion, TS are not there to protect consumers, that is not their role.

TS are in place to advise business.

Let us hope that the OFT will put Link Financial in their place;

Link Financial are breaching the OFT guidelines.

AC

Well said AC! I couldn't agree more, Magda

"Kraken1;2126100]Trading standards etc are only in denial if there is a) evidence of a problem and b) they are not doing anything we don't know about. One or two complaints won't cut it or every shop in the high street will need shutting down. "

Well Kraken I do have evidence. I actually asked TS in Caerphilly to investigate several issues relating to Link and they basically didn't want to know. I honestly believe they have received a significant number of complaints and in fact someone who previously worked for Link did state on another thread I seem to remember that they (Link) are well known to the OFT, but nothing was ever done, despite the obvious need to investigate. If you think about it, Caerphilly, for example, probably doesn't have an abundance of jobs, especially now, and therefore, why are TS going to do anything that could potentially close the business down resulting in even more unemployment.

I think given the experience that many of us have had with TS (and the OFT) we are quite justified in complaining about their lack of assistance when we ask for it. If we are proven wrong, then I for one will be extremely surprised. Magda