Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


1 Neutral

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. The outcome is that I am now going to get a refund as they preferred me not to attend even if I tested negative (which I did). Thank you for the help
  2. It is about £250, plus a train fare of £70 which is my loss. Government rules no longer prevent me from attending. there are no rules, just 'advice' to isolate 5 days, no negative tests requirement, and I am asymptomatic. It would be just them preventing me from attending (and my conscience of course).
  3. The college is Bishop Burton College, the association Strawcraftsmen. I am still waiting for a reply from them. I have been reading all the covid guidances that I can find and it seems to me that I would be entitled to attend (should I wish to do so), proof of negative tests are no longer required, so it would be their choice if they prevent me from attending. HI BankFodder, did you ask the details for a reason?
  4. I have enrolled on a residential craft course due to start weekend. The course is run by a craft association, using a local college as a venue for the residential part. I paid the fee in full when requested. Yesterday I tested positive to covid and I informed the association that I may have to cancel if I was still positive by the Friday. I am supposed to travel on the Saturday, day 1 of the course. I was told that as per gov guidelines I would not be allowed to attend because it is a requirement to have two consecutive negative tests after 5 days from day 1 which would have taken me to Sunday. I was also told that they do not think they can refund me the fee as the college may not be able to refund their own fee for the accommodation. I am asymptomatic and as per new guidelines I believe that I am allowed to go. It does not mean that I would, and I understand the concern, however I find unfair that I am not refunded the fee when the decision of attending has been removed from me. Also, I believe that there is no financial loss on their part as the enrolment was already closed when I booked and they did an exception for me, therefore the room or space on the course was not going to be given to anyone else . I have no way of contacting the college directly to discuss they policy and all I was given is an email saying sorry but probably not a refund. Lastly, in the booking form there was no cancellation policy, nothing was stated one way or another. What are my rights about getting the fee back?
  5. i have not asked yet, I asked to pay Paypal...I thought there was some kind of protection there and I paid them Paypal in the past.
  6. Dear all, I am in a quandery. I need to purchase some material from a company based in France. They are the only ones that can supply this kind of material. They were previously based in Uk and I had worked with them before with no issues whatsoever. I was just about to purchase the material (decorative material for a Christmas display, for my very small business) when I saw this disclaimer on their website 'DELIVERY I am now feeling quite uneasy as if the material disappear it would i be my loss, and I have no control over this. A friend who does lots of online sales told me that since the covid situation this has been more and more the norm and I just have to accept it. The payment is bank transfer, with my debit card, and I feel I am completely exposed here, and yet I really need this material to carry out the work. It is quite a large payment, about £5000, and I am not sure how to cover myself. It may not be the remit of this group but if someone has any idea or point me in the right direction it would be very appreciated Thanks Cris
  7. I rent a garage from a large Housing Association in London, and I have for many years. The garage is in a cul-de-sac with few others, and the entrance is through a small path between two houses. I live in a different area and I use it for storage. A few months ago I found a pillar bar installed at the beginning of the path. I contacted the landlord, thinking that they had installed the bar, to get a copy of the key. In fact, I tried unsuccessfully to contact the responsible area manager for nearly a month, with countless phone calls and messages left with the receptionist, but was never called back. In the meantime I found out that the bar wasn't installed by the landlord but by another garage renter, who then asked a hefty fee for a copy of the key from myself and apparently everybody else. I was totally enraged by the request which bordered extortion, but in the end I had to fork out as the landlord never ever got back to me and I needed to access the storage. The lock of the bar is now broken, and I am dreading having to pay again for a replacement in order to access the garage where my belongings are. To challenge the individual is not an option. He was very confrontational, and I don;t want to feel intimidated when accessing the garage. How can I make the landlord take notice and remove the bar? I feel the landlord is responsible for ensuring that the access is open, but my messages always stop with the receptionist. Thank you Cris
  8. Hello. I have submitted a Paypal claim under 'transaction not authorized'. I was not sure which option to use and I thought that, as I had cancelled the order within the Terms and Condtion of the company, the subsequent transaction would not be authorized. Paypal has refused and closed the case. I no longer have the option to try and claim under 'item not received'. now I have no money and no fabric for an order that I cancelled, and still no contact from the company whatsoever. What are my options and next step now? Thank you for any advice. Cristina
  9. BankFodder, first of all thank you so much for taking the time to research and explain. It was very helpful. It seems a lot of hassle, and may even end up paying more. However, I am mighty annoyed at their complete lack of response. I have already tried to call Paypal a number of times but their UK phone seems to be disconnected. The only option I have is to go through the Resolution Centre and choose option 'item non delivered'. Would going through this process first compromise a future legal action? If that doesn't work I will ge back here and start the legal prceedings. Cris
  10. Value of the fabric about £25. Not much, but something, for me. It says about the 30 minutes and there is a phone number which only had a recorded message and no way to leave a message therefore I emailed them. https://www.fabricland.co.uk/information/orders-and-returns/ Is my first port of call Paypal anyway? I do not have the item anyway, as it is back with the delivery company, therefore it has not been delivered.
  11. Hi. I know about the cutting of the fabric, and fabric shop would not accept fabric after cutting. It also says on their website that customers can cancel an order with 30 minutes of placing it. I cancelled 2 minutes after placing it so it should not have been processed at all. Doesn't that give me any right? They also processed the order two weeks later, so they had plenty of time (and emails) to stop before cutting. Thank you
  12. Hi, the delivery from yesterday was APC, today is DHL. Do you mean the company I bought from? It is a large online fabric shop Cris The delivery was from another company so the inital post apply.
  13. Hi dx100uk I paid with Paypal balance. It wasn't Ebay, it was an online transaction with a retail shop. The options I have on Paypal are 'item not as described', which is clearly not applicable, and 'item not received'. Could I use 'itmen not received' as in fact I did not receive it as I refused it, as it was should not have been sent in the first place? I could not take it and send it back, I cannot go out of the house at the moment and therefore I though it best to leave it with the courier. Cris I have just now received a notice of delivery, and it may be the courier attempting another delivery. I have no way of knowing as there is no sender . Should I receive the item (assuming is from them) and then trying to return, even if the seller is not responding? Thank you
  14. More than 2 weeks ago I've order some fabric online. 2 minutes after placing the order I cancelled (via email) as I realized I made a mistake. For two weeks I repeatedly tried to contact the seller to cancel the order. I never had a reply, either via email or phone. Two weeks later I had a notification of process and dispatch, and again I emailed back. No reply. Today I refuse to accept the order and asked the delivery driver to take it back. I paid with Paypal, not sure how to go about it as on the Resolution Centre there isn't an appropriate option for my case. I emailed customer service but had no reply so far. The company has terrible reviews on Trustpilot. I did not check as I have used them before and had no issues. Am I in my right to ask for a refund and what is the correct procedure to claim? Thank you for any help Cris
  • Create New...