Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About cintra

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. An update on this. The case is now closed. we both attended interviews, did as was suggested here and were honest about the situation. This was followed up with the letter that has been suggested in so many threads previously. My season ticket was returned within a few days. Within a few days my wife also called up the Prosecutions Department and long and short we were offered an out of court settlement. for the record, they would have intended to prosecute with the Section 5 Intent to Avoid a Fare charge, which is what incurs the criminal record, so we are very glad
  2. thanks dx100uk, I fully understand that everyone has their viewpoints on this. it makes it difficult to understand what to expect and advice to take.
  3. So you are saying that they will be looking to try and convict both of us by the reporting to police? I don't think anyone would report their partner to the police in this situation. is it regular for prosecutions to try and convict both partners this way? It feels like a no win situation if they pushed for conviction based on lack of reporting to police. It makes me feel that I can't help but have to look for legal representation.
  4. thanks, we both intend to attend the interview, but I was obviously curious as to the consequences of not, however we intend to cooperate fully, I was wondering though then in what situations a pre-prepared statement and use of No Comment would be needed? Also, now that we have the reference number is it worth us contacting them separately as others have separately to beg/plead for the vague chance of out of court, or best wait til after the interviews? so many questions, sorry
  5. Thanks for this, Old COD-Ja, it's probably an obvious question with an obvious answer but if they are going to prosecute, what would be the outcome of not attending the interviews?
  6. hi all, really looking forward to advice now, We've now finally received two letters from SWT, both with the same content asking both of us to attend an interview with opportunity to state mitigating factors concerned the alleged offence (which has not been detailed yet?). it's asking for both of us, not my wife only. the interview is also stated as under caution. the obvious questions are why they want to interview both of us? what would this achieve apart from satisfying how the ticket was used? what is meant by mitigating factors? are they looki
  7. Just an update. It's now been nine weeks since the incident and nothing received as yet, seems a pretty long time.
  8. Old-Codja and Noveum thanks for your response to this. My wife’s situation sounds very similar to yours Noveum. The situation in the first place is that my wife took my card on a rare night into London on a moment of madness in a rush as late for a train. We only moved out of London with our young boys last year and it was her first trip up to London, and the hectic nature of childrens bedtime led to a rash decision - one she will always regret. I didn’t give the card to her, I simply leave my wallet and travel card on the side, and she showed the card without the photo i
  9. would it help if I gave the fuller picture of what happened originally, or wait as i probably thought (bad idea) of waiting to explain once I get the letter? we've been trying to suppress the stress of this situation, but it's seems we're only at the beginning
  10. Hi all, and thanks for your comments. I need to add that we DO very much understand the seriousness of the situation ,and we are very concerned about the possible ramifications on my wife having a criminal record. It's was not something we realised was so serious, and has caused a great deal of stress and tears in our household. I think what may have come across in my original post as lack of care is not so - it's that it's taken me several weeks to put the post of our situation up and that shock and stress has turned to acceptance, and we are now trying to deal with the ramificat
  11. Hi all, I’ve spent some time looking at this site and it’s finally time to put forward our situation and get some advice from the helpful people on this forum. It’s very similar to the situation of Noveum and the current one of Sharris 100, but as ever slight variance on each situation I guess. My wife took my season ticket, without the photocard (no, it was not given to her, I must stress, I had been at home working that day and it was sitting on the side in the kitchen) on a one off occasion to go up to London. Needless to say she was caught on the way up to Lo
  • Create New...