Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


1 Neutral
  1. Hi, thanks for your reply. It's Reliable collections I'm talking about not a bank. Earlier in this thread somebody said I could reclaim charges. What I am trying to look for is a reason why I would be entitled to reclaim these charges from this debt collector. Obviously I believe these charges to be unfair but is that enough? is what I'm trying to say. Basically is the law drawn to their side or my side or in between? Thanks again. Regards Jas
  2. Hi all. Earlier it was posted about reclaiming charges that these people may be adding, like the £12 administration fees. Could someone please post a link to this procedure and any templates. Also if done properly how successful are these reclaims? I mean are they really unlawful etc that one would be 100% successful? Thank you. Regards Jas
  3. Hi all. It's a bit of a game sometimes, seeing who has the stronger will but they do wear you down - or try to. My advice (giving out advice now!) is if we stick to our guns and pay what we genuinely can then we have little to worry about the majority of time. Thanks all.
  4. Hi. I had my CCA request back this afternoon and all seems in order. At the same time I had another letter off them changing their mind about my payment offer, without sending them an I & E form. I chose some carefully selected words from this thread, quoted, and they have now accepted my offer lol. Marvellous what you can do when they see a bit of knowledge about the system - so thanks very much for all the input from you guys; stopped them in their tracks. Jas
  5. Yes that was the case they mentioned! So basically then they still should have sent him the information he requested.....I will let him know.
  6. Hi. Off topic here but I thought I would ask as a favour to my brother - so I'll keep it short. He has a debt with moorcroft and requested a CCA. They wrote back saying they do not have to provide one because of some court case they quoted (he lost the letter) saying the debt is enforceable with or without a CCA. Should they still have provided one though? Many thanks. Jas
  7. LOL. Yes recorded delivery. I just wasn't sure the date they had till to respond with the bank holidays and stuff lol. They will be getting another letter early next week then. Thanks for that
  8. Hi all. I have written to them again telling them off for taking the £1 off my account which was the statutory fee for my CCA request. I have read the FOS link from Bazooka (thanks) and need to wait eight weeks to complain to them, which I will do if I don't get any satisfaction from unReliable collections. I sent a CCA request on April 18th. I believe it's 12+2 working days they have to send me it. They have not done so yet, just trying to work out the 12+2 with all the bank holidays etc lol - what date to you guys work this out to be? please. The funny thing about their refusal to accept my offer is they have accepted my wife's offer without any problem, yet we have the same income lmao and pay our debts pro-rata! They are morons.
  9. Well these people are morons. I sent a CCA request from the template on this site, which says the £1 postal order is not to be used for any other purpose other than for the statutory fee for the CCA request. They have duly taken this pound off my account lol. I sent the CCA request on 18th April and I am currently waiting for the 14 working days to expire. They have however refused to accept my offer of payment so no more payment for these clowns. Hopefully the morons will take it to court where I'll apply for an Administration Order. Jas
  10. lol. It does make you feel very angry. I do feel like doing just as you said because it gets a little boring trying to negotiate with these monkeys. In fact the outcome will probably be the same whether I pay £30 per month or £1 per month - COURT! lol. So yes, maybe I will just tell em to stuff off. Regards Jas
  11. Hi thanks for all your reply's. In the light of their attitude and unwillingness to take into account my financial and health problems I will write back to them and tell them that my offer is non-negotiable. Accept and get something or reject and get nothing. What I have offered I believe the courts will accept should it go that far. Thanks for all your advice and support.
  12. Hi Thank you very much for your reply, it has been very helpful. I have now downloaded a copy of the OFT Guidelines and they are interesting. I will write back and tell them once again I can't afford their demanded payment amount. Whilst I can provide a full financial statement it really bugs me that these people will know the inside-out of my finances. In any case the amount showing on the FS is the same as I have previously offered them, trying to force money from me which I don't have isn't going to help. I will insert the quotes from the OFT guidelines that you have mentioned. Thanks once again, Regards Jas
  13. Hi all. I have been dealing with Reliable Collections for some time now and making regular payments. It's from an old catalogue I used to have, PremierMan. I believe Reliable are their in-house collectors. I was paying them a regular amount of £7.15 per month. They wrote to me recently telling me my new payments have increased to £17.15 per month and there was no choice in the matter. I wrote back saying my circumstances have not changed therefore my payments are going to be the same, £7.15 and not £17.15. I had this letter back of them showing their position. Additionally I know they will add at least £12.00 per month administration charges, thus making any payments I have made to them to reduce this debt invalid. http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/jas1304/Reliable%20Collections1/ReliableLetter1.jpg http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/jas1304/Reliable%20Collections1/ReliableFS.jpg The last paragraph makes me laugh a bit where it says if I have any problems with this arrangement to contact them immediately. I already contacted them immediately and the above was their response! So would I be right to send them the information they request in the second link above? Because personally I feel like telling them to take a run and jump. I am trying to clear this debt but this has now stopped me from doing so. As always your advice is greatly appreciated. Regards Jas
  14. Ok, once again thank you very much for your help guys. The letter I posted was meant to be signed for but Royal Mail failed, but I do have proof of sending so I will keep this safe. So I guess I can relax with the latest letter from Lowell's (Lowlifes - you should trademark this lol)and wait to see if the debt pops up anywhere else, well not wait exactly - I'll just forget about it and relax lol. Thanks once again Regards jas
  • Create New...