Parkwise and Drakes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6066 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi again guys

I run a local car hire company and one of the cars i hired out a number of months ago recieved a parking ticket (Parkwise). The ticket obviously wasn't paid by the hirer and i received a PCN. I duly replied with the hirers name and a copy of the hire agreement.

However, It turns out that we actually sent the incorrect hire agreement to Parkwise. We only realised this when the person whom the hire agreement relates to turned up in our offices with a letter from DRAKES BAILIFFS and informed us that she did not have the hire car at the time of the ticket and that Drakes were due to attend her property shortly to remove goods..

We wrote to parkwise and informed them of the error and sent them the correct hire agreement wit details of the hirer at the time.

The problem is Drakes are still trying to enforce removal of goods on the lady who DIDN'T have the vehicle. Parkwise have not got back to us with any details yet. We have called Drakes on the client's behalf but the refuse to let go of the matter.

What's the best course of action as the lady in question is very worried as a result of our admin error.

Many thanks for any replies.

What's the best course of action as the lady in question is very worried as a result of our admin error.

I reckon that you need to get confirmation from Parkwise that they are calling off the bailiffs in this case and then pass it on to the lady in question.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

I would strongly advise sending a letter ASAP to Drakes AND Parkwise to inform them that their bailiff is still persisting in persuing this debt despite informing them that this lady IS NOT responsible for payment.

Inform them that if the bailiff insists on continuing enforcing this debt that you will be considering making a Form 4 Complaint to the court that granted the bailiff his certificate. In the case of Drakes, this will normally be Clerkenwell & Shoreditch County Court.

Parkwise are under a obligation to ensure that their agents (Drakes) discontinue enforing this debt.

Everything MUST be in writing, and copies should be kept.