ukpc, enough said.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6066 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

a few months ago, i went to the cinima in ashton moss with my boyfriend, who is disabled, and we forgot to put the badges on the dashboard. We never usally forget. We understood why we came out to see a ticket on the dashboard, but once we wrote to them quoting the badge numbers, we thought that would be that. they responded to my letter explaining he was a badge holder and giving them the numbers by informing me that the bays are for the disabled, and that there a signs which clearly state if you don;t display the badges, you will be given a ticket. all the signs say is that disabled badge holders only may park in the disabled bays. when the enfoecement agency got in touch, we rang them, and they sent us an addressed envelope to send them a letter explaining the situation, and the photographs. they wrote back to say the fine was up to £102 now. yesturday we rang ukpc's sales department on: 0870 228 3344, and pestered them into putting us through to the right department. they want us to send them pictures of the badges, we shall send pictures of the signs as well for good measure. all that concerns us is that, shoud it go to court, it goes to court properly, and we are there to give our side of it. we are, i think, in the right, and besides, disabled man and carer vs parking ticket company..... still, i hate to get those letters.

Here is a link to the forum where you can get the best advice.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-wardens/

• Haha 1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

UK Parking Control are a private limited company with no more power than your paperboy and your "parking ticket" is nothing more than an invoice based on some loose extractions from contract law.

I'm from Ashton too and i've read of the problems with UKPC and their over zealous attendants on the Ashton Moss site in the Tameside advertiser.

Do as Sea-sidelady suggests and take a look around the parking forum as their "parking ticket/invoice" is completely unenforceable. You could also take a look around the Pepipoo website which offers much more nische specific advise. PePiPoo: Helping the motorist to get justice

Please be aware though, disabled or not, there's no level they won't stoop to in order to get your money.

they wrote back to say the fine was up to £102 now
Only a Judge in Court can impose a fine.

Best wishes, Dave.

• Haha 1

ah, but can they take us to court behind our backs and get a ligitimate order? i love my jeep, its an old, battered suzuki, the whole roof bolts off, it's brillent. my boyfriend has debts, but he got them when he was under the mental health act, so we dont worry about that. i am legaly competent, though. if they drop, i am insisting on a letter of apology, if it goes to court and we win, i will get a copy of some relivient document, laminate it, and plaster it all over ashton moss.