northern rock redemtion - treating customers fairly help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5030 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya,

I am currently in the proces of moving house and looking for ways to decrease my settlement figure as i am quite frankly disgusted with the amount i hae to pay.

so i need some advice before i bite the bullet as such.

Firstly i am going to go down the treating customers fairly route as i know the FSA are really HOT on this at the moment and it is a major thing in the financial services industry ( i work for an insurance company myself)

Redemtion fee - £250

they are not charging all new customers this but as it stated this on my original paperwork they will not waive it (telephone call last night)

As they are not charging new customers surley i should not get charged as well as it is not treating me fairly. by them not charging it now they are admitting that the charge in itself is excessive

early repayment charges

ok so i am aware that people have gone to court and lost etc etc - i will go down the FSA route for this one but all comments etc would be really appreciated.

my mortgage is portable, its fixed in till may 2008

my repayment fee is £3149.40 (random i know)

if i port my mortgage - no fee

if i take out a new mortgage wit northern rock - i only have to pay 50%

northern rock have declined both which leaves me no choice but to go to a new company

surly this again is not treating customers fairly - if i hadnt applied to transfer/take to product out. i wouldnt think i had a complaint - but because i did surely i have a good chance

all opinions are welcomed