BankFodder BankFodder

itsmee

itsmee v NatWest ** WON **

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4415 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

The choices are file with the court using the N1 form, or just wait it out to see what happens in January. If you do file with the court, they will ask for a stay anyway, which you maybe able to overturn, if their request was granted. The other one is file with the Ombudsman, which will also result in the case being put on hold.

Some useful links.

FAQ's

Making Posts

Letter Template Library

Bank Contact Details

AQ Guide to Completion

Court Fees

Data Protection non Compliance

Witness Statements for Court Bundle

Banking Code Website

Limitations Act

Fast Track Costs

A-Z Index

Mis-Claim Tutorial

Step By Step Instructions

Remember: The Ark was built by amateurs-The Titanic by professionals.

Please click my scales if you find my advice helpful !

If your claim is successful, please donate 5% so that it can continue to help others.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

YOU CAN NOW COMPLAIN TO THE OFT ABOUT THEIR CONDUCT UNDER THE CONSUMER PROTECTION FROM UNFAIR TRADING REGULATIONS 2008.

Sorry to hear you are having no joy with the Nat West, I have just received an offer today for £6,830. The problem is I was claiming just under £13,000. So I am not sure where they got this figure from.

Sorry to hear you are having no joy with the Nat West, I have just received an offer today for £6,830. The problem is I was claiming just under £13,000. So I am not sure where they got this figure from.

so how did you get them to make you an offer, as they seem to just send me the usual standard letter:mad:

well finally some good news, natwest have today sent me a letter offering the full amount refunded...yipeeeeee....and a HUGE thanks to all here

just to add how i progressed further, I kept receiving the same standard letter back from natwest which kept repeating and repeating itself.

I returned a letter stating that i did not think that they were processing my claim very personally and that I was receiving standard letters. I asked for a personal response to my request. In this letter i stated that i would continue my claim through the courts and that because of the financial hardship I would ask for my claim to be heard. I asked them to reply to this.

I got a letter asking me for finacial details and my current financial situation so we could come to some arrangement for ME to repay any monies owed to natwest...DUH ..very confused..my reply was

12th October 07

Dear Sir Madam

Thankyou for your letter dated 08/10/07

Iam now very confused by your response to my letter. It appears that you are suggesting that you need my financial details so you can assess debts owed to you, you seem to have suggested that Iam unable to meet my financial commitments, can I please ask at what stage did I suggest I was unable to meet my financial commitments?. You also seem to be suggesting that I can arrange mutually agreed sums to pay off outstanding debts, return cheque books, opening new accounts to mention but a few.

Could you please explain to me why you have sent this letter suggesting these things

Could you also reply to my original letter (as below) asking for advise on how to proceed with my claim.

It appears that you are not prepared to deal with my claim on a personal basis and you are also not prepared to answer my questions, could you please explain why this is.

and then woopee today they offered the full amount ...To all those on the forum maybe it might be an idea to suggest that you do not want standard letters but would like your letters to be replied to on a more personal basis.

anyway again THANKYOU ALL ..and good luck

note to self...barclaycard charges to be reclaimed, barclays to be recalaimed

Guest littlesally

Well done!!!!!

Really really pleased that you've won!!

No doubt lots of folk here will take heart from your thread as you've proved perseverance is worth it!!

And just in time for christmas ;)

:D :D :D :D :D

Sally x

Well done. . . Congratulations . .

Some useful links.

FAQ's

Making Posts

Letter Template Library

Bank Contact Details

AQ Guide to Completion

Court Fees

Data Protection non Compliance

Witness Statements for Court Bundle

Banking Code Website

Limitations Act

Fast Track Costs

A-Z Index

Mis-Claim Tutorial

Step By Step Instructions

Remember: The Ark was built by amateurs-The Titanic by professionals.

Please click my scales if you find my advice helpful !

If your claim is successful, please donate 5% so that it can continue to help others.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

YOU CAN NOW COMPLAIN TO THE OFT ABOUT THEIR CONDUCT UNDER THE CONSUMER PROTECTION FROM UNFAIR TRADING REGULATIONS 2008.

Sally-

I am a journalist writing a story on the upcomign court case challenging the legality of overdraft fees. I'd like to speak to any consumers who have successfully pursued their banks over these charges.

I have tried to write to the bank and received a standard letter from them and at the bank they did not care less. I have started court procedings against Natwest for only £270 in charges over a week period. Today I received a letter from Natwests solicitors (Thats probebly cost them £200) asking for a stay on the grounds of the up coming court case. Whats my next move ? Can anyone help me please.:x

Hi paulneades, welcome on board :)

You've received a standard letter from Cobbetts by the sound of things. Unfortunately, the stay will more than likely be granted due to the impending OFT test case which is due to commence mid-January.

At the moment, there really isn't anything you can do except await the outcome of the test case. All claimants are in the same boat at the moment - however, we should hopefully have some good news soon.

If you start your own thread in the main nat west forum we'll be able to advise you fully and support you throughout your claim. :)

• Haha 1

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Thankyou for your reply. Its nice to know someone is helping out its much appreciated. Cobbetts must be rubbing their hands together....

I will start a new thread.

Regards

Paul

Well done! subscribing

First letter to halifax sent rec del 26/4

Data Protection Act letter to capital one sent rec del 26/4

Halifax 1st offer dated 5/5

Capital One ack Data Protection Act request rec 6/5

Request for repayment to Capital One 2/8

LBA sent 22/8

Court proceedings issued 13/10

Settled in Full 9/11

Donation made 14/11

Hello

This is my first posting since I only signed up today.

I had a Nat West business bank account from 2001 to 2006.

The account is no closed but the total approximate charges for that time were £850.

Can I claim for the charges even though it was a business account that has been closed for two years?

Any advice would be apprecited.

Thank you

Hi, in response to your query.....yes you can claim...my business account had been closed for 18 months and i still claimed...I dont know how things will go now the court case has started but its always worth a try and dont give up....I replied to every standard letter explaining that i did not think they were taking my claim personally and would they please give me a personal and detailed response...it seemed to p..s them off and eventually i got my money back and all of it....I did have the expense of sending every letter special delivery to the person who signed the letter.

hope this helps and good luck