CCA Request - what do you make of this?

DigbyD

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just made a CCA request to a DCA following advice on here and received this reply:

Thank you for your recent communication.

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you with the information that you have requested and in light of the information contained in your letter, I can confirm that the above account has been closed and that you will receive no further telephone calls or correspondence from in relation to this account.

A cheque for £1.00 will be returned etc etc

I would like to thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.

-----------------------------------

So.......this was in reply to the template CCA request on this site. Am I to assume that this debt has now been passed on to someone else rather than been closed and that this particular DCA have just washed their hands off it? It was for £1300.

Edit - The letter was dated 7 months ago.......I only requested the CCA last week!!!!

Further edit. I have two debts with this DCA. On one of the debt, the client is listed as "Royal Bank of Scotland". On the other debt, client is listed as the DCA. Looks to me like they bought this particular debt but I may be wrong. It is the one where the DCA is listed as the client that they say the account has been closed.

Just made a CCA request to a DCA following advice on here and received this reply:

Thank you for your recent communication.

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you with the information that you have requested and in light of the information contained in your letter, I can confirm that the above account has been closed and that you will receive no further telephone calls or correspondence from in relation to this account.

A cheque for £1.00 will be returned etc etc

I would like to thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.

If I were you I'd write back to them and insist they write back telling you that because of the above, that they will not be selling the debt on as so often happens. All they're really saying is they wont chase it any more cos they know they cant get a bean BUT it doesn't state that they wont sell it on.

Just hate every DCA out there

I think it basically means they have no CCA - they often pass back to the original creditor in these circumstances.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.