Timeshare

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6046 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Fade2Gray

If you want to cancel once you're past the rescission period, you are legally- bound to the contract. Canceling timeshares then becomes a matter of diplomacy and you may or may not succeed.

Whatever you do, don't just stop paying the payments. Remember, this is their business -- they will send you to collections and ruin your credit rating along the way! Communicate with the timeshare company. Tell them that you realize you are beyond the rescission period, but that you still want to cancel and why. Depending upon the company they may work with you, they may not.

If you don't succeed in canceling the timeshare and they won't work with you, are you willing to accept that you are bound to the contract and will you follow through? Will you decide to use your timeshare? In your case obviously not.

I would recommend this over trying to sell your timeshare or ruining your credit record by not paying the payments. If you try to sell your timeshare, you'll have to pay the difference between the contract and what you sell it for, which is about guaranteed to be 50% or more of a gap. You're "upside-down" between market value and purchase price. I hope I don't have to tell you why you don't want to ruin your credit record!

If you're stuck, readjust your attitude, realign your point of view, turn lemons into lemonade -- and USE your timeshare. That's the only way it can be of value to you. Maybe you'll decide it wasn't such a weak moment after all. Sorry i cannot be more positive. Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.