Claim Has Been Stayed!!!!

Azazal23
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6066 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There is a report on the financial pages of The independent today that NW have been fined £1m over this. They are claiming that they were advised by the police 'to limit the level of detail it shared about the computer'. They were criticized by the regulator for not taking action sooner and for not having adequate procedures in place to ensure customer data was properly protected.

In other words, you were right to be concerned.

DDD.

Dolly Day Dream

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still am, but have been fudged off with regards to getting this information. The FSA has confirmed that the laptop contained "confidential customer information". I am taking this to the Information Commisioner, if they dont get any joy there then court and force them to disclose it.

Just filed my claim online £1478.64 feeling empowered so im off for a pint of guiness. Getting married in 4 months so the cash will come in really handy.

Check out my other thread on here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/61304-nationwide-comproised-my-bank.html

Any feedback would be appreciated.

good for you azaz well done.........going by the other threads you will have your cash shortly.although it seems they put money back into your account in dribs and drabs so keep an eye on your account. x

PLEASE HELP OTHERS, WHEN YOU WIN YOUR CLAIM GIVE A LITTLE BACK

Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07

Yes they do. You should 3 payments. 1 for ££999.99, one for the interest and one for the remaining amount. I got mine aroox 10 days after my MCOL. 2 days letter saying they are closing our accounts.

Woolwich N1 issued 15.01.07 £11k

Acknowledged 01.02.07

Defence Filed 15.02.07

AQ Filed 21.02.07

AQ Deadline 05.03.07

Woolwich AQ late, given till 16.03.07

29.03.07, Judgement rec, woolwich to pay up by 10.04.07

Money received 16.04.07

Nationwide MCOL issued 22.01.07 £1k

Settled in full 05.02.07:D

Account being closed

Appeared on Watchdog 20.02.07

Abbey Issue MCOL £5k 24.01.07

Defence Filed 21.02.07

29.03.07, AQ hearing set for 20.04.07 with other like cases.

11.04.07, Full settlement letter received for £5,769.12

Was particularly interested in the comments

"The Information Commissioner, the body which protects our data, let the FSA take the lead in the investigation of what was almost certainly a breach of the Data Protection rules.

Assistant Commissioner Phil Jones told Money Box: "It sends a very important wake-up call particularly to banks and others in the financial sector and to all organisations that hold personal information."

But he warned that customers could not use the Data Protection Act to find out what data of theirs was on the laptop.

"The obligation is to tell you what information they hold," he said, "but you and I don't have rights to require someone to tell us what data is held in what particular kit in what particular place.

"The Data Protection Act does not require them to go into that sort of details."

However, he confirmed the decision was up to Nationwide: "There is nothing in the Data Protection Act that would stop them passing that information on to customers who asked them."

I dont understand, if we have given consent for them to hold and process our information as per the DPA and the contarcts we signed. It ovious they have broken the DPA, surley we have a right to know what information specifically relating to ourselves was stolen.

I have just written to the Info Commisioner, so this is obvously gonna be his reply. Where next? Court.....

Does anyone have any clue how this could be approached

• 2 weeks later...

They were served on the 22 Feb, have recieved confirmation C Bacon will be defending. But have had no other correspondance? Are they just stalling now becuase there are that many claims going on

Mine was served on 21st , still nothing yet. No further correspondance but Im expecting them to ask for me to complete an AQ as I have gone for contractual interest at their unauthorised overdraft rate of 24.9%. If they do go down this route I will be using the new AQ technique as promoted on this site

I am also trying to build up a body of evidence of all Nationwide claims that they say they will defend but dont. Can anyone reading this please see my thread about using their tactics against them. I want to build up a list of cases (case numbers) and write to the Northampton court asking them to consider throwing out all subsequent Nationwide 'defences' as they clearly have no intention to defend, but are instead just wasting court time.

Quest

here is my thread

Its time to use Nationwide's actions against them

and here's the thread about a new way for AQ's

New strategy for Allocation Questionaires

:wink:

Hi..wonder if someone can help, I am claiming about £1200.00 from Nationwide for my sister. On sunday they credited her account with £216.00!! We claimed through the court on the 19th Feb and they said they were going to defend. what is the best next stpe for us to do, leave it in there or cahse up the remining amount not sure how it works from this stage as never had to go this far for anyone else i have helped out...

I think from reading many threads regarding how the Nationwide operate, they tend to pay up in dribs & drabs. So you may have received some of your claim broken down by returned charges, court fees, and interest claimed.

Does the figure of £216 equate to any part of your claim? If so, then I think you can expect the rest in due course.

If not, then you will need to decide if you want to accept their 'partial' offer and advise them that you will continue to court to recover the outstanding claim balance. They seem to cave in if you do this.

You should also receive some notification from the Nationwide advising you what they have done in response to your claim (i.e. what they have paid you).

Hope this helps

Quest

:wink:

if so, RESULT!!!! dip ya bread:))

Claim acknowledged 22 Feb. had a deposit for 228.88 by cash yesterday. Does not add up to the amount owed £1016 or the interest about £400 ish and 120 costs.

Can anyone tell me if there deposits show as cash ones