maroondevo52

Small Claims Limit will rise to £3,000.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4342 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just heard, as from January 2008, in Scotland the Small Claims Limit will rise from £750 to £3,000. Not before time. £3,000's not as good as £5,000 in England but a move in the right direction. Think I may continue my claim in January.:D

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

As far as I believe a summary cause action limitwill rise to £5000 in January too. I think I will be pursuing my money via that route now.

27th April - Requested Statements

13th May - Received Statements:D

15th May - Preliminary request for £4780 sent.:D

16th May - Royal Mail confirm Letter received.:D

23rd May - Received Letter considering claim. :grin:

30th May - Letter Before Action sent. :D

10th July - Times Up!! FOS claim going in.

16th July - Measly 30% of claim offered as goodwill

17th July - Rejected offer letter sent

25th July - Acknowledgement of Reject Letter received

26th July - Screwed over by the OFT,Banks, FSA & FOS all in one go.:evil:

Never even felt it happen.

RBS have been banging charges on and have managed to take things over the £750 limit. Only now are they closing my account. I suspect the intention was to deter me from going small claims.

Sorry, RBS. But it now looks like you should have kept going. Because now all I'll do is drag it out until January, and THEN threaten you with court. :lol:

That's the way to do it!! Good luck- they'll probably fold before the proof and I've had 2 cases in Aberdeen with no sists sought or granted.

written entirely without prejudice to my whole rights and pleas in law and may not be founded upon in any proceedings.:lol:

THAT's excelent news. Aberdeen it is. Peterhead court don't seem too clued up. They told me I'd need to go ordinary cause to force Cabot to comply with a s10 under the DPA. Hmmm. I'm not after money there. Just need them to start behaving. Maybe the ICO will sort them out first? OK, maybe not. Court it is then.

I've got approx £6.5k of business account charges with RBS - am hoping to reclaim as executor of my late partners account to put into estate for our son.This will be in Inverness - not sure if understand correctly though - does this mean the max (if any) we get would be £3k?

Hi Chickenpie.

Small Claim total is £3,000.

Do a Summary Cause Claim, up to £5,000.

Regards.

Scott.

Excuse my ignorance :oops::oops: - what is the difference & do either of these options mean hiring a solicitor?

Have been snooping about the site for info & not come across anything yet - if am being thick & not looking in right place perhaps some nice soul could point me in right direction!

Hi, Chickenpie.

You don't need a solicitor for Small Claim or Summary Cause.

Have a look at the Small Claims info......

Small Claims

And here's the Summary Cause.....

Summary Cause

With the Summary Cause, the forms almost identical to the Small Claim form, but the court will return your forms and you will have to get a Sheriff's Officer to serve your claim on the Bank.(this cost me £15.75, which I claimed back). The court will send you a list of local Sheriff Officers you can use. The only pitfall being, if you were to lose your claim, you could be liable for the Banks costs. This put me off at first , then I though what the hell, and it paid off.

Regards.

Scott.