Shoe Em vs Argos Store Card

Shoe Em
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Exciting summary of the not very much that has happened so far:

06.09.07 I send off S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

10.09.07 A Mr Shafiq Sunni writes for me to phone him for urgent chat

10.09.07 (same date!) we also receive conveniently blurry printouts

And so here we are. Questions questions questions...

Does anyone know what Other D.B or Fin Chgs might be? I'm assuming they are both varieties of charge as they have the usual £17.00 & £7.00 type amounts, but they both also contain a couple of really high numbers (over £100) so I'm a little confused. As much as I'd dearly love to claim all of this back I thought I'd better double check first :-)

Since I repayed the majority of my account through the infamous Moorcroft I am wondering where I stand on claiming interest. Would like to claim the 27+% that I understand others have successfully claimed but I don't want to make a mistake. Mysteriously these screen shots list no interest at all!

So...

1.Is there a link for an interest calculator for the compound interest?

2.Do we know of anywhere I can translate these screenshots?

3.Does anyone know why I would have charges of hundreds of £'s?

4.Could these be the fees of the evil Moorcoft?

Would love to hear from anyone with answers, knowledge or happy stories of triumph over Argos. I assume they have charged me interest as a £700 account cost me the best part of £2,000 so I would love to cause them a little twinge of discomfort:p

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Emily x

hello and thank you for your comments, firstly, lets not run before we can walk with regards to interest. start at the start with the basics (sorry, where else would you start?) anyway, if you are new to the site then as every one else says - read around. the FAQ's and such are a real must read to get a grip of the legal issues involved. you have your SAR and they have replied, just ask yourself - have they answered it in full to your satisfaction? i think not.

I am not a legal expert and my words are my opinion only and do not constitute legal advice.

1.Is there a link for an interest calculator for the compound interest?

2.Do we know of anywhere I can translate these screenshots?

3.Does anyone know why I would have charges of hundreds of £'s?

4.Could these be the fees of the evil Moorcoft?

to answer your questions:

1. yes, there are spreadsheets on this site that will do it but you have other points to consider before worrying over compound interest.

2. no, they are deliberately stalling. they are in breach of the data protection act so you need to pursue this.

3. no but the SAR is suppose to answer this question. continue to be polite but firm to resolve this. by the way im taking them to court about this very point.

4. yes they could be, but you dont know that so that is why you have the SAR.

I am not a legal expert and my words are my opinion only and do not constitute legal advice.

Well the above was supposed to address your previous question but has arrived at the end of your points so let's deal with that...

I'm not new to the site, I already had success with Abbey, but I needed answers specific to Argos. If you know what the abbreviations mean I would be very grateful if you would share. As long as these are all reclaimable charges I really don't care to get into the minutiae to be honest; my partner is disabled & they were happy to harass him for the charges so I'd just like to know what is reclaimable & turn the tables

From their prompt response I think Argos know they've misbehaved so I'd like to dispense with this as quickly as possible.

I don't mean that to sound snotty, I just don't want this to turn into another Abbey-style fiasco if I can help it :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Emily x

I'm not new to the site, I already had success with Abbey, but I needed answers specific to Argos. If you know what the abbreviations mean I would be very grateful if you would share.

sorry if i offended you in anyway, i can assure you i was trying to be helpful. As i have said, i am taking them to court to get those very answers (hopefully).

From their prompt response I think Argos know they've misbehaved so I'd like to dispense with this as quickly as possible..

unlikely, i think. just based on my own dealings. they like to drag it out.

No, not sure what you mean by this would help if you did not abbreviate:) I have response to my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) & pretty much just need to know what their abbreviations mean to be honest!

My apologies, again. Consumer credit agreements, like your argos card, are governed by the Consumer Credit Act 1974. under sections 77-79 you have the right to request a copy of your agreement.

the act places certain conditions on credit agreements and providers, but mainly it sets out what a legally enforceable agreement is (argos are renowned for not having correct agreements) and placing certain limits on how long your creditors have to reply to your request.

if they breach these conditions then your agreement can become unenforceable at law. if they do not have a correctly documented, executed agreement then the whole debt can become unenforceable at law.

i am being vague deliberately as i believe these points of law require alot of research before any posable action but could provide you with another cause of action.

Thank you SO much nfi247!

That was exactly what I needed, a concise clear explanation. I shall write off today for the CCA (!) & also ask them to provide a translator for all those pesky codes :)

Shall keep this updated as things progress. I knew those statements came back a little too easily ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Emily x

Hi I am also claiming against Argos store card. I received rubbish screenshots too. The other DB section was all my late payment fees mixed in with ppi I had not requested. The fees were sometimes £10, then £14 then £17.50. A few were £28 but that was obviously two £14 charges together. The ppi stopped when acc went into default so all left on DB section then was £17.50 late fees which were much clearer then. Keep us posted how you get on. Kelly:)

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Okay they have entirely ignored me, & having waited for the post to catch itself back up I'm going to file with MCOL on monday. Can someone now please point me to where I can find the high rate interest calculator?

Have warned them that if I did not hear I would be charging them interest at 28.7% as they have charged me. Now I don't know how to do that :)

HELP!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Emily x

Having just read 90% of a 19 page thread I discovered that none of the links to calculators work :( so I am here to renew my request for help.

I really need to find the CCI calculator - or someone mathematically minded who knows their stuff :)

I am claiming £228.40 if you include the 8%, but for the purposes of CCI the amount I am working with is £140 taken in four payments from 11.07.05 to 11.10.05 (there is lots more to query more recently but since we are still waiting on the information I'm keeping life simple & sticking with what they have acknowledged). If anyone out there can help I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks guys!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Emily x

Holy underestimated interest Batman! :(

I need help!!!

I used the interest calculator above & calculated my interest at a rate of 28.7%. I added this figure to my final letter before court & sent it off recorded as per instruction.

BUT...

Reviewing the paperwork to claim on MCOL this week I noticed a glaring error. My interest calculation at 8% that I worked out at the beginning of this claim gave me £88.40 interest owed. However, the calculated 28.7% gave me an interest total of £111.61 :confused: I may be missing the principles involved (forgive me if this is glaringly obvious) but surely just the 28% interest by this calculation would stand at £309.40 by now (ie. three lots of 8% + one lot of 4% by my poor addled brain).

1. Am I losing my marbles?

2. If I'm correct is it too late to revise my request to them before I file with MCOL?

Any tips/advice/clear thinking gratefully received :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Emily x