Cabot Providian credit card CCA return

dazza3956
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5804 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all .

i've been getting advice on one of the other pages about debt with cabot and robinson way

and was advised to ask someone dealing with cabot about the credit agreement i've receieved after sending a cca and statement of account .

my thread is under the name dazza3956 and titled robinson way.

i am starting a thread in here as my debt has been passed from kings hill to robinson way then to cabot .

as i've explained on the other pages that this debt has been paid off in full

but they keep adding extra on as it gets passed from dca to dca.

i've tried to put the letter on here that i've receieved but can't seem to get it done for some reason.

please could someone have a look at my thread and avise me on the next step.

i sent a cca to cabot on the 20/8/07

they have sent my £1 back saying they dont accept this but will get the relevant info from monument.

now they have sent me a supposedly original credit agreement but having read about them on here i think it is just an application for credit.

thanx

dazza

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi

ok thanx .

the thing is i am not disputing the debt i did owe and obviously i had an agreement with providian credit card.what i am disputing is the fact that this debt was paid off in full but they still say i owe them money.every time it gets passed from ROBINSON WAY,KINGS HILL and CABOT the amount gets more and more.

what angle can i take next to get it through to them that it has been paid off or does it take going to court to stop it?

i have asked for a statement of account but just been ignored.

the agreement says at the top

Complete and post your reply today!

my address

Declaration:

Credit Agreement Regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974

I applying for a Providian National Bank credit card , pin and cheques subject to status.I authorise you to send me a Visa card and or any other card you may offer me.I accept and agree to be bound by the Terms and conditions .I am a uk resident over 18 yrs of age .All the information provided by me is true and accurate.I authorise you to search the files of any credit reference agency .which will retain a record of the search.i further authorise you to share information about me with other creditors through credit reference agencies in order to make credit decisions ,carry out occasional debt tracing and prevent fraud.you may telephone me in connection with my application or to offer me any other products or services linked to my account.

DATA PROTECTION ACT

I agree to any information about me being used in accordance with condition 16 of the terms and conditions.

sign:

This is a Credit agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974.sign it if you only want to be legally bound to these terms.

my signature and date.

on the bottom it has a bar code and underneath it says application form

then it has on the left hand side my annual income .my tel no and whether i am working full time and a homeowner tenant etc .

thats about it really .

thanx again

dazza

OK, you've been more than reasonable with these clowns. Now is the time to send them a letter of complaint. In it, you should tell them that as they are not prepared to be reasonable, you are offering them this final chance to resolve the mater amicably, and address your concerns. If they do not, you are entitled to take your complaint to the Financial Services Ombudsman (who may hit them with a £400 penalty).

Complaints procedure here Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited Complaints Procedure

You can also take this further, and issue a statutory notice to stop processing your data, for which they have 21 days to comply, after which you may report that to the ICO.

You might also like to consider court action to ask a judge to tell them to feck off. If that is not for you, you can simply save up all their nastly little letters in case THEY try taking YOU to court. In which case you simply defend on the basis of no CCA? Right, p1ss off then. It really is as simple a defence as that. Folks here will help you if it comes to that.

From the way you have described their "agreement", they really are stuffed. It's not an agreement at all.

(Where's my bloomin signature gone????)

hi

received a letter from Robinson Way yesterday (after sending the letter provided by Priority One.Thank you Priority.)saying that they won't be pursuing me for the debt but has been passed back to their client .(cabot i assume).

will pm one of the above today for a letter to send to cabot.

thanx for all the advice.

dazza

post the "agreement" so we can double check. as long as you have proof it's paid in full tell to take long walk off a short pier or invite them to take legal action against you, it seems to be the in thing now, take cabot to court lol (and yes it looks like i will be doing it aswell

If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

hi

i've tried to scan and post the actual agreement but it doesn't want to do it for some reason.

this is what it says to the letter more or less:

Complete and post your reply today!

my address

Declaration:

Credit Agreement Regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974

I applying for a Providian National Bank credit card , pin and cheques subject to status.I authorise you to send me a Visa card and or any other card you may offer me.I accept and agree to be bound by the Terms and conditions .I am a uk resident over 18 yrs of age .All the information provided by me is true and accurate.I authorise you to search the files of any credit reference agency .which will retain a record of the search.i further authorise you to share information about me with other creditors through credit reference agencies in order to make credit decisions ,carry out occasional debt tracing and prevent fraud.you may telephone me in connection with my application or to offer me any other products or services linked to my account.

DATA PROTECTION ACT

I agree to any information about me being used in accordance with condition 16 of the terms and conditions.

sign:

This is a Credit agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974.sign it if you only want to be legally bound to these terms.

my signature and date.

on the bottom it has a bar code and underneath it says application form

then it has on the left hand side my annual income .my tel no and whether i am working full time and a homeowner tenant etc .

thats about it really .

hi

i got a credit report recently and it has this debt on there which obviously is having an effect on my credit rating.

could i write to equifax,experian etc to explain this debt and that i am disputing it or wouldn't it make any difference?

thanx

dazza

You can but most people wont take any notice of your dispute unfortunately and as some mebers have found out contacting CRAs can open up a new can of worms:o

hi

although i've received what looks like an application form on which my sinature appears and they quote the consumer credit act 1974,can i go as far to say that the cca request i posted well over 12 days ago to Cabot is in default?

i have pm'd all three above for a letter to send next but as yet no reply.

thanx

dazza

user_online.gifreputation.gif vbrep_register("1129897") report.gif

i have tried several times but doesn't seem to work..can you give me any pointers on what to do.i've scanned the image but can't import to cag thread.

Sign up for an account at Photobucket, upload the scan, and when you can see its thumbnail click the 4th box which says IMG CODE, an icon will show saying "copied", paste that link into a blank line on your post and it'll show up!

And as previously stated it's time to stop mucking about now, a complaint to Trading Standards and a complaint using their complaints procedure is in order so that the FOS can be complained to.

Here's Robbers complaints procedure;

RWcomps1.jpg

RWcomps2.jpg

Regards, Dave.

application form it is. there no interest rate and there no credit limt so your safe.

only thing i will say now is to check your CRA files. OC default vanished and new 1 appeared and guess what it's in Cabot's name.

they are soooooooooooooooooo screwed.

recording information on my credit file when not entitled to and without my permission? tut tut,

If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/