Help with a default notice

Guest Fallenangel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6062 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Fallenangel

Hi, just wanted to ask a bit of your brill advice about a problem I have. Have spoken before about a very old debt from yorkshire bank.(1995!!)

It was defaulted between oct 1997 and march 1999, when I started making reduced payments on the debt (old bank loan for £3200). I have all bank statements etc dating back years!!!............

Now after reading stuff on here, I decided to cca them. They send a correct copy back, which arrived on the 12th day.

I also asked them why I had, during the life of this debt, recieved 3 default notices, when only 1 should have been issued. I got a letter back saying that YB were aware of only one default currently on my credit record. Now my question is......if the original default was in 1998 say....surely that should have dropped from my record after 6 years.

I know I need to check my record to see when this default was added....but if its been added recently....what can I do?

Sorry if it's a bit long winded but am a bit unsure with this.....

FA x

Hi, just wanted to ask a bit of your brill advice about a problem I have. Have spoken before about a very old debt from yorkshire bank.(1995!!)

It was defaulted between oct 1997 and march 1999, when I started making reduced payments on the debt (old bank loan for £3200). I have all bank statements etc dating back years!!!............

Now after reading stuff on here, I decided to cca them. They send a correct copy back, which arrived on the 12th day.

I also asked them why I had, during the life of this debt, recieved 3 default notices, when only 1 should have been issued. I got a letter back saying that YB were aware of only one default currently on my credit record. Now my question is......if the original default was in 1998 say....surely that should have dropped from my record after 6 years.

I know I need to check my record to see when this default was added....but if its been added recently....what can I do?

Sorry if it's a bit long winded but am a bit unsure with this.....

FA x

A debt becomes statute barred after 6 years of non-payment and/or non-acknowledgment. Also, once a debt is statute barred, it stays that way- that's to say a payment doesn't restart the debt if it has already become statute barred.

Just hate every DCA out there