Jamesrouse -v- HSBC

jamesrouse
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

James, what did you pur in your final letter (before you were offered the money without interest) and who did you send it to? Did you send it to the head office where the claim was registered or to the usual sheffield \ leeds addresses?

--------------------------

HSBC (2 accounts combined) - View My Thread Here

- Prelim Sent: 29/06/2006

- LBA Sent: 13/07/2006

- MCOL Submitted: 01/08/2006

- Requested Judgement: 22/08/2006

- Default judgement issued: 22/08/2006

- WON! Money in the bank: 30/08/2006

Barclays (Other ½'s account):

- Statements Recieved

- Prelim sent: 21/08/2006

Dear sir

Thank you for your letter dated 27/07/06 in response to my letter dated 12/7/06, regarding my request of a refund on my bank charges of £1690.00

As my letter stated, the time limit to respond was the 18th of July, as I heard nothing from you a County Court claim was issued on the 19th July, and the court gave you till the 7th August to respond to the claim, which you failed to do, On the 8th August I applied for a judgement by default which was granted, I am prepared to issue a warrant of execution.

However I am mindful of the fact that this would be a timely process and would like to resolve this matter as soon as possible, so in light of that I am prepared to accept an unconditional out of court settlement for the full amount of my claim which now stands at £2,228.62. This is made up in the following way: £1,690.00 original claim amount, £411.82 interest claimed under s.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 up to the 18th July, £6.80 interest claimed under s.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 from the 20th July to the 8th August, £120 court issue fee.

If you accept this proposal please credit my account with the full amount of £2,228.62 within 7 working days, failing this I will issue a warrant of execution on the 19th August, with further cost being incurred by you.

I hope we can resolve this matter as soon as possible with out any further action.

Yours sincerely

James Rouse

Cc: File

Sent that one when i got the judgement then sent this one to dg after they only halk paidup

Dear Sir,

Thank you for you letter dated 18th August 2006 with regard my claim.

The payment of £1,810.00 has been received, but there is still an outstanding balance of £418.62 which is made up in the following way £411.82 interest claimed under s.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 up to the 18th July, £6.80 interest claimed under s.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 from the 20th July to the 8th August.

I require this money to be credited to my account by Friday the 26th August 2006, else I will be left with no choice but to issues a warrant of execution and instruct bailiffs to recover the balance with further cost being incurred by your client.

Once this money has been credited to my account, I will be in a position to sign the form you have sent to me in order for you to obtain a certificate of satisfaction.

Yours Faithfully

James Rouse

Cc: File

warrant issued bailiffs going to head office to recover the rest of the money

happy days:D

hahaha good one!!! so when are the bailiffs going in??

REFUNDED

Hubbys - HSBC £4,165 paid 18/8 after MCOL issued :)

HSBC - £651 paid 18/8 after MCOL issued :)

HSBC - £147 Prel 7/8, LBA 21/8, MCOL 6/9 £241

Hubby Halifax - Prel 29/7 £215, LBA 21/8, Offer rec. £110 22/8, MCOL 6/9 £298

Abbey - £2758 - Prel 26/6, LBA 10/7 - MCOL 26/7 £3,391, offer 25/8 £1,755.94, paid £3567.32 after Case manag hearing

Barclays - £675 Prel7/8, LBA 21/8, offer received £300 MCOL 6/9 £998 - Paid £1,012 before going to Court

Hi James, have just read through your saga.....what's the latest? Did the bailiffs do their stuff??

Have just started getting all my info together to start my claim against HSBC, so v. interested to hear how you got on :)

Sarah

i only got my warrant on tuesday and letter confirming so today so just gotta sit tight now and wait.

hope you claim goes well

This is so exciting!

Have u contacted the press to let them know what may be occuring? You should give them a bit of warning. Wow...I'd love to see a live news report of baliffs storming hsbc. Make sure u go along too and wear a CAG t-shirt lol.

Eyes firmly peeled on this thread :eek:

good luck (though u really dont need it)

kaz xxx

Kaz :)

HSBC

claiming £2749 (£3400 with court cost & 8%)

mcol acknowledge 25/09/06

DG requested breakdown 5/10/06

Breakdown sent to DG 12/10/06

Yes Car Credit/Direct Auto Finance

CCA request sent 18/10/06

Whilst my aim is to be helpful, its reasonable to assume I am not a professional and am (dare I say) not always right. Seek professional help if in doubt

:-D

:lol: If i have intentionally or accidently said something of relevance or use to you, please click the scales:lol:

"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain". - Robert Frost

Right then..................

So i sent a letter to David lewis who just sent it to Leeds to deal with who have told me there is a massive back log of complaints but told me on the phone they can't stop account closure

so i have today written a letter to Stephen Green Chairman of HSBC Bank PLC stating my case why my account shouldn't be closed, also saying who i will complain to and also said i would go to the press if the did close my account

lets see what happens now then

if i don't get a response i will fire off the letter to all the directors and secretary of HSBC, who's details i got from Companies house.

Will keep you updated

Brilliant!!

These are the tactics I was going to use if any banks close my accounts!

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Well my letter to Stephen Green the chairman was delivered on Friday, however today i got a response to my letter to David Lewis but from Alan Pretty, saying there looking into my complaint and that my account will stay open until he has finished his investigations.

Will keep you posted

Right then some progress my money claim, Seems as HSBC didn't pay me the interest i issued a warrant, got sent to bow county court for execution, just phoned them as its been around 3 weeks since they received it and guess what HSBC have paid them a cheque for the outstanding amount of £466.82 which is the outstanding amount plus £55 fee's

So once the cheque cleared with the court they will send one to me.

Still waiting to hear back fully about the account closure, hopefully now I've involved the chairman it shouldn't happen.

happy days!

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

surely the £55 outstanding means that you have not been paid in full are you still going for that last little bit?

also im gonna let them close my account if they really want to. they can end 15 years of happy ( if somewhat expensive for me) banking, parachute account is set up already :)

soooo wish the bailiffs had been sent in on their white horses handing over a letter saying "your money or your life - by order of the courts!" oh id pay to see that :)

me against the abbey Paid in full (donation made)

me against the woolwich Paid in full(donation made)

me against HSBC Paid in full(donation made)

beware the scrapbooker, for she has a long memory and sharp knives :lol:

surely the £55 outstanding means that you have not been paid in full are you still going for that last little bit?

the £55 is included in what the bailiffs have got, so once the cheque arrives it will all be settled.

With regard th the account closure, HSBC bank is convenient for me as my business account is with them and my gf's as well so it makes paying myself and transferring money quicker as its instant instead of waiting 3-4 days for it to get to an other bank.

ha! that all important "further information". u just have to love their brass nerve!

Kaz :)

HSBC

claiming £2749 (£3400 with court cost & 8%)

mcol acknowledge 25/09/06

DG requested breakdown 5/10/06

Breakdown sent to DG 12/10/06

Yes Car Credit/Direct Auto Finance

CCA request sent 18/10/06

Whilst my aim is to be helpful, its reasonable to assume I am not a professional and am (dare I say) not always right. Seek professional help if in doubt

:-D

:lol: If i have intentionally or accidently said something of relevance or use to you, please click the scales:lol:

"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain". - Robert Frost

• 2 weeks later...

Right update time

I rang the court two weeks ago and was told a cheque from hsbc has been recived and was waiting to clear

Cheque never turned up

Rang the court they said that DG had confirmed Debt been paid in full (It hadn't)

Rang DG spoke to Deborah and told her was had happened she wasn't very helpful and Quite snotty she said the couldn't do any thing and i had to provide them with all the info re my claim so they could look into it. So i said i'd issue an other warrant to get the money back.

Then got a letter today from DG saying that, they have credited my account with the amount owing of £466.82

checked my account and hay presto money is there