Jamesrouse -v- HSBC

jamesrouse
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

after reading through the web site carefully for what seemed like for ever last night, i trawled through six years worth of bank statenets on line filling in all the charges on to the spread sheet provided, can't belive they charged me £60 once for apparent card missus, any who i sent of the first letter today 22/6/6

asking for £1690 back in unfair charges, now its just a case of waiting and seeing the out come, hopefully it won't be some one in a battery farm in india dealing with it, the annoy me so much but thats a different story

thats it for now will let you know how i'm going

James :D

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i got this msg today on internet banking.

Dear Mr Rouse

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused due to the delay in responding to your e-message dated 24 & 27 June 2006.

I confirm from our records that we are in receipt of your letter dated 22 June 2006. Please be advised that your query is currently being dealt by my colleagues at our Customer Relations Department.

You shall be contacted once the matter has been resolved.

Yours sincerely

Mr M Bowden

Manager Customer Credit Services

I wonder when they will respond to my letter?

Hi,

Where did you send your letter too? Local branch or somewhere else.

I need to do this so would welcome your advice.

TA

I sent it to my local branch and they forwarded it on, i didn't send it recorded so had to get confirmation from them.

I'd recomend sending it recorded then you know they have it, and they can't deny it.

yes i know, i got one from hsbc solicitors today, and i thought great this should be it, but alas no they want a breakdown of my charges :( lazy ba******

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

am just preparing my lba and am wondering if anyone else has added this bit

Furthermore, I shall submit a Consumer Credit Act 1974 complaint to the OFT upon the basis that you have failed to comply with the OFT's direction of 5 April 2006 and are therefore not a 'fit and proper person' to hold a consumer credit licence under the 1974 Act. If you do not understand what this means then seek advice from your legal department

am just preparing my lba and am wondering if anyone else has added this bit

Furthermore, I shall submit a Consumer Credit Act 1974 complaint to the OFT upon the basis that you have failed to comply with the OFT's direction of 5 April 2006 and are therefore not a 'fit and proper person' to hold a consumer credit licence under the 1974 Act. If you do not understand what this means then seek advice from your legal department

its recommended that you only insert that , if you are actually going to make a complaint

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

its recommended that you only insert that , if you are actually going to make a complaint

i gathered that mate, but was just trying to find out if otheres have, and wether it helps with the claim in anyway:|

it wont help in your claim, and afaik most dont put it in

Well no respone to my first letter, so of i trotted to see my friendly sub post master mr singh to send off my lba, sent it to the branch as had no response to my first letter so no named contact.

wonder if they will respond to this, mind you i quite fancy charging them the intrest:rolleyes:

well i'll keep you posted

happy days

james

got a reply from colin langdale in response to my first letter dated, seen as i sent my lba on the 5/7/6 they must have a back log, so they've offered me £1,500 which is £190 shy of what i was claiming, i am gonna go for the rest.

reckon i'll write back to mr langdale saying i'll except this amount as part settlement but rquire the rest

i have a question if i do this and they don't respond by next tueday which i my deadine before mcol do i do the mcol for the full amount or the £190 that is still in dispute.

let me know what youy think guys

have drafted the following letter what do you think guys

James Rouse

42 somewhere

somwereton

somewerevill

Mr Colin Langdale

Service Quality Team

HSBC Bank PLC

Arlington Business Centre

Millshaw Park Lane

Leeds

LS11 0PP

Ref: **********

Re: account number ****** *******

Dear Sir

Thank you for your letter dated 10/07/06 in response to my letter dated 22/6/06, I have since sent you another letter dated 5/07/06.

With regard to your offer of £1500 I feel this is not acceptable, and would only except an offer of the full amount of £1690.

My original time scale still stands and as per my letter dated 5/07/06 you have until Tuesday the 18th July to make a full repayment of this money. If you do not comply fully within this time schedule then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus my costs and without further notice.

Yours Sincerely

James Rouse

Cc: File

after reading through the web site carefully for what seemed like for ever last night, i trawled through six years worth of bank statenets on line filling in all the charges on to the spread sheet provided, can't belive they charged me £60 once for apparent card missus, any who i sent of the first letter today 22/6/6

asking for £1690 back in unfair charges, now its just a case of waiting and seeing the out come, hopefully it won't be some one in a battery farm in india dealing with it, the annoy me so much but thats a different story

thats it for now will let you know how i'm going

James :D

I'm new here :) As for the car misuse your talking about, when i checked my statements, one month i was charged 9 times (£90) for card misuse and another month i was charged 6 times (£60) it's a joke! Over the past 6 years i've worked out i've paid £1380.50 in charges :mad: So i've drafted my first letter, and it's all ready to be sent off :grin: Good luck with yours

I'm new here :) As for the car misuse your talking about, when i checked my statements, one month i was charged 9 times (£90) for card misuse and another month i was charged 6 times (£60) it's a joke! Over the past 6 years i've worked out i've paid £1380.50 in charges :mad: So i've drafted my first letter, and it's all ready to be sent off :grin: Good luck with yours

i hope you get it all back, as long as you follow the steps on this site you'll be fine

right so i've tinked with my letter slightly and am sending it off tommorrow recorded of course.

this is what i am sending

Mr Colin Langdale

Service Quality Team

HSBC Bank PLC

Arlington Business Centre

Millshaw Park Lane

Leeds

LS11 0PP

Wednesday, 12th July 2006

Ref: **********

Re: account number **************

Dear Sir

Thank you for your letter dated 10/07/06 in response to my letter dated 22/6/06, I have since sent you another letter dated 5/07/06.

With regard to your offer of £1500 I feel this is not acceptable, and would only except an unconditional offer of the full amount of £1690.

My original time scale still stands and as per my letter dated 5/07/06, you have until Tuesday the 18th July to make a full repayment of this money. If you do not comply fully within this time schedule then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus my costs and without further notice.

Yours Sincerely

lets see if they respond by tuesday, mcol all ready to go if not8)