• Tweets

• Our price is the same all day, but varies day to day. Yes there's a risk of high prices but it has never gone above SVR any time since I signed up. Last 30 days average 17.67p/kWh, max 20.67 and lowest was 11.83.  It saved just under £300 during 2023.  
    • It you had E7 in the past but have converted to single rate then the meter will still hold the last recorded Night readings. This introduces scope for error when manually reading. If the meter has only ever been used on single rate then there's only one figure that can be taken. For example ours shows "Rate 1" reading and a "Total import" reading, but they both give the sme figure. If it has ever been on E7 the total will be higher, including the retained night reading.
    • okay, perfect and thank you so much for the help once again. so firstly i am going to initiate the breathing space, during this time it's likely ill receive a default. when i receive the default are you aware of how long it will take for me to know whether the OC have sold it off to DCAs? Once it's with the DCAs i do not need to worry as they cannot issue a CCJ only the OCs can Even if i decide to come an arrangement with the DCAs no point as the default will remain for 6 years paid or not paid I should only consider repayment if the OC still won the debt and then issue a CCJ? Just to confirm the default will not be seen after 6 years? No one can tell I had one then after 6 years ill be all good?
    • I'm not sure we were on standard tariffs - I've uploaded as many proofs as I can for the ombudsman - ovo called last night uping the compensation to 100 from 50 pounds for the slip in customer service however they won't acknowledge the the problem them not acknowledging a fault has caused nor are they willing to remedy anything as they won't accept the meter or formula was wrong.   I'd appreciate more details on the economy 7 approach and I'll update the ombudsman with any information you can share. 
    • To re-iterate and highlight my urgent question on this one: The N24 from the court did not include any instructions to submit paperwork 28 days before the date, unlike the N157 received for other smaller claims. Do I have to submit a WS for this court date? Link has!...
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

on a mission round 3

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5953 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everybody,

Just embarking on round 3 of mis-sold ppi.

This is with the Nasty West again.

I had 4 loans with them and ppi was applied to them all.

I have successfully reclaimed back the last of the loans 2001 and got back over £7,000 with just a bit of a fight, did not have to issue a N1.

They coughed it up when I discovered how the interest was applied. They charged me 8.9% each year for 10yrs, so it worked out at 89% of the premium. Disgusting unjust enrichment.

Anyway with that one in the bag, I have written to them for a breakdown of the previous loans. I know how much the ppi premiums where. the loan amount and the dates, but not the interest rate and the total charged for credit. I have now asked for the information 4 times and in is now 69days and no information. Me thinks they don't want to give it to me. But that will not deter me.

This account is in clear legal dispute and I will not pay them until the ppi issue is resolved.

I have just received a letter from them regarding the small matter of no ca agreement and a alleged debt. They state their databases provide confirmation that I benefited financially from the arrangement of each loan. So their databases would also confirm that they benefited financially from [edit] me with their ppi. But still that information is not forthcoming.

They consider the matter closed as I agreed to settle in June regarding the mis-selling of ppi. Interesting the previous loans where never mentioned and how could I discuss any refund on those as I have not received the information on those. GGGGggggggrrrrrrrf

Anyway after their ignoring my requests I have been left with no option, but to work out the amount of interest they applied to the previous loans based on my previous experience 89% of the premium. We will see what the respond with after they have stopped choking.

The calculations I have worked out on that basis, and of course contractual interest to date comes to a staggering £18,000

So wish me luck

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

Thanks for the support, I do believe this will be the fight of all fights. There are a lot more issues than the ppi. eek

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

th_goodluck.png

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Thank you,

First letter round 3 going today, discussing issues. I will give them a week and then bang they get the letter asking for a refund for the others.

:D Hiya Pindagolf,

It always interest me in why fellow caggers choose their usernames. May I ask why use choose that one.

I choose Hellhasnofury because that is how they make me feel. I have turned from a soft choice into wrath. I will fight to the bitter end either way. I can see me at this laptop as a little old lady, still fight the cause.:D

Hi hell

I owe you an apology as I have not got round to your thread before now.

However good luck with your fight with Snatch West. We know how unforgiving they are don't we?

They are now passing mine over to Triton Credit Services whilst in dispute too.

How far down the line are you at the moment?

maggiebroom :)

Hi hell

I owe you an apology as I have not got round to your thread before now.

However good luck with your fight with Snatch West. We know how unforgiving they are don't we?

They are now passing mine over to Triton Credit Services whilst in dispute too.

How far down the line are you at the moment?

Hello Maggie,

No apoligy needed I know how busy you are and the trouble you are having. It does not do the blood pressure any good.

I am not very far down the road with this one as yet. I have been waiting for a breakdown of the loans for about two months, and they are not forthcoming with this information. I wrote to them last week regarding other issues, no ca, default issues. So my prelim will go out on Monday

Hello,

Well I never, I truely can't believe it, they are still ignoring me. Me thinks they see my name and throw it straight in the bin:eek: :D

So sent the prelim today:D So the process has started, so I will give them the 14days to respond, and then another 14days and ouch, have to rumage up the dosh for a court claim.:eek:

I do wish they would take me to court, so I could defend and then put in a counter claim. That would be more cost effective.:D

Hi Hellhasnofury

I for one will be following this thread very closely and would like to wish you the very best of luck with it;) and maybe if you could spare a few moments of your busy schedule, I would be extremely greatful if you could lend me some pointers to fight my corner with Firstplus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/ppi/115106-ppi-loan-issues.html

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Received the nice polite letter from the snatch west yesterday.

They consider the ppi issue was resolved in June this year, as per their previous correspondence,:eek: Good job I have keep it all then:D Will send them copies of their offer and my acceptance of the settlement for their reference. I only asked for a refund of the last loan, I could not ask for the other three ppi's as they will not give me the information I asked for and they have still not come up with it.

Of course there is more issues than this. Default. They defaulted me in may this year after I reclaimed back the ppi . In a letter in September they stated that the default action had been postponed??????? Yeah right Hello!!!!! So of course I challenged this.

In there latest letter. That they are obligated to enter all defaulted credit agreements to the credit agencies. There is no Credit Agreement so they cannot default me on nothing. Idiots!!!!

Latest letter states now recovery action has been postponed, so they have eventually caught up then:???: Me thinks they are trying to intimidate me.

They have now in their correspondence dicussed the notion of me giving them my Solicitors details. ??????????. They will co-operate fully with them and look forward to hearing from them.

Well I knew this was going to be a bit fight, but I did not realise how much of a fight and to top it all they are trying to cover up, cloud the simple issues and totally contradict them themselves. I am one step ahead though.:D

HI Hell

Go get em girl. It seems like they never want to admit defeat doesn't it.

Triton Credit Services have passed my account back to Snatch West so I am waiting for their response to that.

It always pays to keep all correspondence, My spare bedroom looks like an office at the moment.

Best of luck hell and keep us posted.

Hello,

Received the nice polite letter from the snatch west yesterday.

Of course there is more issues than this. Default. They defaulted me in may this year after I reclaimed back the ppi . In a letter in September they stated that the default action had been postponed??????? Yeah right Hello!!!!! So of course I challenged this.

Sorry could you just clarify something. Are you saying that after succesfully reclaiming your ppi they defaulted you on your loan? Am I missing something? I'm trying to reclaim on a loan that I'm still repaying, is there a danger of them defaulting me?

Sorry could you just clarify something. Are you saying that after succesfully reclaiming your ppi they defaulted you on your loan? Am I missing something? I'm trying to reclaim on a loan that I'm still repaying, is there a danger of them defaulting me?

Hello GT,

No they will not default you if your are still paying. :D My issue with them is after they [edit] me blind with ppi, I could not afford to make the repayments. :evil: This was 14months ago and I was paying them through a dmp. They never defaulted me during this time. They did it when I got back my ppi on the last loan (with a bit of a fight). :evil: Its as if they had to have the last word. But I will.:D of course.

Good grief this is a fight and a half. I am full of admiration that you have been able to summon up enough energy to even consider it.

By asking for your solicitor's details they obviously don't believe you are serious about court and think they're calling your bluff - ha ha!! I'm guessing they're going to learn the hard way by messing with you :p

Will be watching with interest. Good luck HHNF

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Good grief this is a fight and a half. I am full of admiration that you have been able to summon up enough energy to even consider it.

By asking for your solicitor's details they obviously don't believe you are serious about court and think they're calling your bluff - ha ha!! I'm guessing they're going to learn the hard way by messing with you :p

Will be watching with interest. Good luck HHNF

Hello Hopeful,

Many thanks for your support. I do appreciate it. I have to have the fight for this. It is about justice, which I am a great believer in. Or else why do we do it.

Is not about the money, its about the unfairness of it all. The banks have been trusted for years. I know I did, I was so grateful to them for giving me a chance of a loan, didn't even know what ppi was, that how well they explained it to me. given no option, signed and there we have it.

My daughter opened my eyes about 12months ago, when I was down and could see no way out of my financial blackhole. Penalty charges. The nasty west started appying penalty charges, bouncing DD and set the ball arolling.

It became too much and the problem spiralled, till I had to admit defeat. I could no longer rob peter to pay paul. I do feel bitter toward the Nasty.

as they quote a responsible lender. What does that mean. Responsible for making many people in debt, by applying ppi, to make profit.(This will probably be edited so read it quick)

I have gained a lot of knowledge from this site about the CCa and I am aware of what they should do and cannot do. I am not trying to get out of anything I lawfully have to pay. They pay me what they owe me. I will pay them what they claim I owe them (minus the interest they charged) and I will still have the most money:D

I am determined to do this and will succeed:p May take some time but whatever:D

I'm completely with you there. I was at rock bottom with my debts prior to finding this site. I've done the peter robbing paul thing and had run out of options. It is so good to now be reducing my debts without borrowing more.

I also agree with what you said about paying what you owe. I too just want justice ie with Barclays, i hadn't considered asking for a refund but i just wanted the PPI stopped so the payments would be less. I am behind again 'cause i can't keep up. I will be claiming now because they've been so unhelpful and downright ignorant. They haven't provided a CCA so on that basis i'm not panicking about trying to find the money. When the PPI is sorted i will happily start to pay them.

I'm just going to start my Barclays thread off now ;)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Just wanted to wish you lots of luck Hells!

I will be watching with baited breath

You have so much bottle and tons of knowledge, all the things I wish I had!

go get em girl!

xx

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>

Hi Hells... i've only just seen this thread and have read through with interest. Good luck with everything - as you have so much experience in these matters i'm sure you'll fight your way through.... i shall be following this thread with interest!

Once again, good luck as i'm well rooting for you!!!xxxx