Me vs Lowells

lightboy123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6018 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone!,

I have spent the last few days reading loads of posts on here regarding Lowells and their tactics, and am sorry to say that they are on my case as well.

it all started with a general letter informing me that they were trying to contact me regarding a previous adderss i lived at some 5 years ago, the letter went on to say if they didnt hear from me they would update their records accordingly. So what , i thought let them? Then exactly a week later a 2nd letter arrived, stating that i owe them £800 for an old capital one debt.

Before reading this site, im sorry to say i contacted them by phone but admitted no debt and informed them i would look into it and will be in contact with them in writing, which on reading about them i believe is the right thing to do. whilst on the phone they informed me the last payment on the account was in 02-02, i have no recolection of this card and am not keen on paying.

This phone call was over 3 weeks ago and have had no contact from them since, im wondering what to do next, i have my CCA letter ready to go(thanks to this site!) but am wondering should i wait to see what they do next?

Any thoughts

Thanks.

This phone call was over 3 weeks ago and have had no contact from them since, im wondering what to do next, i have my CCA letter ready to go(thanks to this site!) but am wondering should i wait to see what they do next?

Any thoughts

Thanks.

Don't wait- do! ..Send the CCA immediately. Remember not to sign it with normal signature, send it recorded and head the letter with 'I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY'

Just hate every DCA out there

Don't wait- do! ..Send the CCA immediately. Remember not to sign it with normal signature, send it recorded and head the letter with 'I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY'

Great stuff from PMHCFC as usual, but i'ld be tempted to drag my feet with this considering that they've told you outright that the last payment was 02/02 thus this will go Statute Barred in February next year, which is at worst, just under 6 months away.

I certainly don't advocate debt avoidance, I just plain don't like Lowell Financial.

This phone call was over 3 weeks ago and have had no contact from them since, im wondering what to do next
Personally, i'ld wait for their next communication as they do seem to be dragging their feet, before sending the CCA request. And yes include a P/O for £1 and be sure to send by Rec/Del.

Good luck & keep us posted.

Regards, Dave.

cag-end-sig.jpg

• Haha 1

Great stuff from PMHCFC as usual, but i'ld be tempted to drag my feet with this considering that they've told you outright that the last payment was 02/02 thus this will go Statute Barred in February next year, which is at worst, just under 6 months away.

I certainly don't advocate debt avoidance, I just plain don't like Lowell Financial.

Personally, i'ld wait for their next communication as they do seem to be dragging their feet, before sending the CCA request. And yes include a P/O for £1 and be sure to send by Rec/Del.

Good luck & keep us posted.

Regards, Dave.

cag-end-sig.jpg

Dave,

Fancy logging off after post 1999 :-)

Got to remember how this lot work my good friend - they 'say' the last payment/acknowledgment was 02/02 - but you can bet your a*se it was earlier than that...It's probably already statute barred, and if not, VERY close to it- certainly closer than Feb next year...As we both know, once statute barred it stays statute barred. I can't see any problem with the CCA request, at least then the debt will be put in 'default' and they wont be able to shovel through a last minute CCJ attempt :-)

(Dave, will tickle you for post 2,000 - tis deserved)

• Haha 2

Just hate every DCA out there

(Dave, will tickle you for post 2,000 - tis deserved)

Is that all :rolleyes: (only kidding Dave :D:p )

I would agree with Dave, they don't seem entirely sure who you are and are certainly not pushing you to pay the debt as they are not phoning you or threatening that they MAY take you to court. Before sending the CCA request I would see what their next move is (being Scottish I don't like wasting a whole pound on these guys :) ).

• Haha 2

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the help its appreciated.

During the short conversation i had with our friends Lowells, they requested a contact number, i gave them an old PAYG number i had ages ago. out of interest i fired up the phone yesterday and there have been a couple of messages from them, noting bad, just requesting i call them, which i aint gunna do. I have had nothing through the post since the letter demanding the money, i am aware of the statute barred thanks to this site and would love to ride it out till then? What do you all think?

P.S. Thanks for this site, its good to know you people are out there.

Regards

Clownells bought a load of Statute Barred debts off Crap One. They tried it on with me and were only able to produce a badly photcopied application form which wasnt sufficient to even bother responding to. As previous posters have said Clownells are probably on a fishing trip. Im with DMD on this one. Sit tight till Clownells get in touch with you. Its up to them to prove the debt exists and is not Statute Barred. (I would bet it is) Dont worry if you receive letters from a shower calling themselves Hampton Legal. They are the paramilitary wing of Clownells and equally useless

• Haha 1

Thanks for the advice, its become a matter of principle now for me regarding this shower of botom feeders, The major issue being i never had a capital one card to my knowledge?. But i wonder how many people just pay up due to the nature of the requests from lowells, they will find in this instance this will not be the case! I will keep you all posted as to any developments.

Regards

Thanks for the advice, its become a matter of principle now for me regarding this shower of botom feeders, The major issue being i never had a capital one card to my knowledge?. But i wonder how many people just pay up due to the nature of the requests from lowells, they will find in this instance this will not be the case! I will keep you all posted as to any developments.

Regards

Have some fun with Clownells. You will soon receive one of their silly yellow postcards claiming they called at your house when in fact it will be delivered by your postie. They are one of the easiest DCAs to bait and to beat:D

Yep. Send them the CCA letter now by recorded delivery. You should also inform them that you do NOT give permission for any personal callers to call at your premises and any that do will be trated as trespassers and they as a company also sued for instructing them.

This is a standard empty threat of Clownells. They have no intetion of sending anyone round. They operate on the scary letter principle follwed up with threatening calls and not forgetting the silly yellow postcards

:mad: this company make me see red then remeber who they really are and I start :rolleyes: because all debts after 6 yrs are written off as bad debts and unless the LEGALLY SIGNED DOCUMENT IS WITH OUR BELOVED LOWELL THERE IS NOTHING THAT THEM CAN DO. They came after my husband after nearly 10yrs original debt with HSBC. Why have they left it so long, my hubby has just applied for a credit card so they be paying for his CREDIT REPORT:shock: to see what financial position he is in:shock: .They are nothing but glorifed LOAN SHARKS

• 1 month later...

Hi people, im back again with an update finally!

I have today recieved a reply from lowells, unfortunatlely it is the credit agreement between me and capital one, to be honest not a bad copy?

I did not recieve a copy of the deed of assignment as requested . i requested a statement of account, all they have wrote back is the amount owed and state the state the account is in default?

They have given me 7 days to come up with a re-payment proposal?

Has any one got any further advice??

Regards

Hi lightboy123,

I'm waiting at present for replies to 3 CCA requests I sent out in the last week of september and am following your thread with much interest.

I'm certainly no expert on credit agreements, but from reading other threads on CAG and reading more experienced CAGers comments I'd say you would do well to put a copy of what you have received from clownells on here (minus your personal information of course!) if you can? Its worth getting second opinions..;)

Anyway, keep us posted on your progress.

regards,

iwcmd. :)