• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Spectrum

Save A Tree
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6035 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There

My OH has made an appt for a guy from this Co to pop round to see us tonight to see if they can help get us out of the financial hole we are in.

Does anyone have any experience of them as i was looking at CCCS and then he came across these guys.

they are based in Keighley and their website says its not loans (which we would like to avoid)

Any help appreciated.

Thank you

KTE

Before you make any decisions...

Debt Free Direct calls for inquiry into misleading advertisements | Credit and debt | Guardian Unlimited Money

These companies don't work for nothing. Ask yourself what's in it for them.

I'd be more inclined to go with CCCS, CAB, or.... what's that Consumer website where everyone helps everyone else... just because they want to...?

Oh, I remember! It's THIS ONE!!!:D

I think Spectrum Financial were once on watchdog, be warned. [i'm 95% sure it was these guys]

If you're looking for impartial debt advice please consider speaking to one of the free debt-help charities, either National Debtline or CCCS.

Thanks Guys - i must say i am sceptical but Hubby has a tendency to get sucked in to sales spiel (sp?) so i just need to make sure i get him to look at the article(s) before this guy turns up tonight.

Does anyone have any 1st hand experience of this Co though?

IMHO all Co's are gen. ok 'til you miss a payment!! Although i am old enough and wise enough to realise no-one does anything for nothing in this life and its usually a case of picking the best of a bad bunch!!?

Spectrum are an IVA practicioner. Committing to an IVA is, contrary to what the glossy advertising would have you believe, not an easy way out.

There are several steps you could take towards getting in control of your finances which don't involve an IVA, and are free.

Personally I'd cancel the appointment - or if they won't take no for an answer don't let them in. I'll wager they use all manner of tactics to get your signature on a document during the meeting. If you really must meet with them, DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING.

If they're a remotely respectable company, they'll give you time to make an informed decision. But my advice would still be to cancel the appointment.

If you can post some details of your finances here, I'm sure we can give some practical (and free!) advice which may very well negate the need for an IVA.

Hope that helps :)

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

Hi DJDave!

i am aware they do IVA's and am also aware of IVA's and how they work (to a degree) and this is NOT an option we want to take either.

it does say on their site they offer debt management AND IVA's so i must admit to being curious to know what they can offer without it being either a loan or an IVA - Don't worry i absolutely NO intention of signing ANYTHING today without Hub & i having time to discuss it in private and also taking a look at our other options (CCCS?)

Am sneaking on here at work so no time to post all our info at the mo but will try to at a later date.

THank you all for advising us to go carefully - we will!!

PS DJDave - i see you tackled and beat Ashbourne ref Gym Membership - i may have to catch you on this one, another case of Hub being sucked in by Sales speil along with basically being cajoled into signing :evil:

Spectrum Financial Review

According to the Association for Payment Clearing Services (APACS), there are more credit cards in the UK than people. There were 74.6 million charge and credit cards at the end of 2005 and 60 million people in the country, which is quite a comparison. Additionally, the total credit card debt as of July, 2006 was £54.7 billion. These eye-opening facts reveal that managing debt is currently a pressing priority for many people.

Spectrum Financial co uk provides valuable debt consolidation information and services through Abacus Financial Consultants Ltd. Abacus Financial Consultants Ltd is a registered company with a consumer credit license and years of experience. Spectrum Financial offers free advice to assist clients who want to reduce loan payments and consolidate debt. Spectrum Financial is able to offer several alternatives to their clients for debt consolidation and management.

One of the ways that Spectrum Financial co uk can help you to consolidate debt and avoid bankruptcy is by pursuing an alternative called an Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA). An IVA is a legal process for people with serious debt issues. With an IVA, it is possible for a debtor to write off up to 75% of their outstanding debt and then make one affordable monthly payment for a period of 60 months. At the end of that time, all remaining debt is written off and the debtor is cleared. When you pursue an IVA, all interest and charges stop and legal action and collection harassment is halted. An IVA becomes even more appealing when you consider that bankruptcy can have severe personal consequences, such as loss of future assets and the inability to run a business. Additionally, if you are a homeowner, avoiding bankruptcy and securing an IVA can help you to protect the equity in your home. An IVA is an excellent alternative for many, but not everyone is qualified for one. In those cases, Spectrum Financial com has other viable options available for debtors to consider.

Debt management is an alternative that can reduce your monthly repayments by up to 70%. Spectrum Financial can negotiate with creditors and consolidate loan, credit cards and problem debts into one monthly payment that is easier on your budget. The debt management services that are promoted by Abacus Financial Consultants are administered by Harrington Brooks (Accountants) Limited and a monthly statement is issued to debtors, showing creditors paid. The fee for Spectrum Financial's debt management services is 17.62% of the total amount repayable.

Spectrum Financial also helps customers to find a secured or unsecured debt consolidation loan. Spectrum is able to assist customers who have bad credit, who may have been declined for a loan already and even people who have a County Court Judgment, to find a loan that is suitable for their individual situation.

Another service offered by Spectrum is professional management to stop home repossession. Abacus Financial Consultants, also known as Spectrum Financial, have vast experience saving homes and bringing people back from the brink of personal financial disaster. Spectrum can help you whether you are a homeowner, council tenant or with a Housing Association. You can avoid eviction by obtaining free advice about your situation and allowing expert counselors to intervene on your behalf.

Spectrum Financial is located in Manchester and can be contacted at their physical address, through their website or at their convenient national rate number. The Spectrum website also offers a vast selection of debt advice articles and guides. These articles are specifically geared to help UK residents who are experiencing financial difficulties and seeking out information and possible solutions. The advice found in these articles includes dealing with bailiffs, bad credit, UK law on bankruptcy, general debt assistance and information on debt counseling and debt consolidation. Whether you are looking for budget tips or legal information, Spectrum Financial's website provides a great selection of informative guides.

It is never too late to take control of your financial solution and seek help. Getting free advice and information from Spectrum Financial is an excellent place to start.

Thanks Patrickq1 - good info - hmm, 17.62% of repayable blah blah...

isn't this what CCCS do for free - wish i'd cancelled the appt now but hubby still wants to take a look....

I must admit i did 'google' them quickly but only really found their website

May have to slam my 'signing' hand in the kitchen draw and render it useless ;)

YOU can still have your appointment but DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING just see what they have to say they may even agree you do not need iva but it is worth a chat ,at the moment we just borrowed some few weeks ago 10000 and its costing me 22.9% but at least its cleared some pressing debts and now reduced our outgoing by over 100 per month ,i cant get a bank account because i have ongoing prosecutions against three major banks...two of them are not for money and one is for money,so i was in a real catch 22 and no choice,the 22 .9% will be reduced within 6 months and that is in writing it sahll come down to 15% .so it might be worth a chat but i reiterate DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING good luck

patrickq1

Many creditors will NOT agree payments with a fee-charging DMP firm AT ALL. YOu should remember that a DMP is not legally binding and that a creditor is accepting those payments at their discretion.

Get your hubby to call National Debtline on 0808 808 4000 for some free confidential and IMPARTIAL advice.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all you help so far, i just wanted to update you all on how it went last night.

Well, Both i and the chappy from Spectrum both knew within about 10 mins that neither party was going to gain from this meeting but to be fair he plodded on and went through the motions. Hubby took until the presentation of the breakdown of charges for their services :lol:

We didn't get the hard sell at all and he was actually quite pleasant and fairly helpful despite the fact he knew we weren't takers.

I did chuckle when he mentioned the 'legal route' and i announced that i wouldn't enter into an IVA anyway, to which his reaction was :eek: as if i had just annouced i had 'done the deed' with his dog [ROFL]

If anything, what we did gain from the experience was confirmation that using the templates on this site (& your help ;) ) to approach creditors that we can tackle it ourselves for now and that it's not actually as bad as we thought.

Thanks again for those who posted

K x

They wanted 3 x £233 (over 3 months with the 1st due 'ideally' in 30 days). If we had that we could actually clear about 3 of our old debts!?!?

When Hubby saw it like that he more or less switched off instantly :D

We fell in to the 1st band for charges - i cannot remember what he calculated the total figure at but i was going to take a look and see if i can work out what percent they do it at...

To be fair the guy said he would still E-mail all the figures to us for our info (income & expenditure etc) i can;t check these til i get home later but i'll let you know...

K

£233 a month ?!?!

I'll do it for £199 !:wink:

Done!!! Wanna shake on it ;)

I'm now feeling confident and about to tackle UKDR with a CCA as i'm adamant i paid this debt, but the little upstart on the phone says it only takes one call to your bank to find out what payments were made ref the debt and he knows cos he 'used to work in a bank'!?!?! which probably explains his attitude!! What said little upstart doesn't realise is I work full-time and have two new businesses between us which sadly doesn't leave many hours in the day, add this to 3 house moves since the 'debt' and the acquisition of aforementioned hub and a flat full of his clobber and the fact i could've made payments on at least one of 4 different credit cards doesn't make this a one-call-project!!!

Plus we're working out Hubbys prelim letter and charges for the Halifax too :D

Oh and then there's the PPI claim against Welcome - grrr bring it all on [puts on mean face and rolls up sleeves]!!

I'll keep you posted

K x

I'm now feeling confident and about to tackle UKDR with a CCA as i'm adamant i paid this debt,Good! Go for it! but the little upstart on the phone On the WHAT?!? says it only takes one call to your bank to find out what payments were made ref the debt Not for you to do! This has nothing to do with the bank; if the upstart wants your money, make him prove that he's entitled to it! and he knows cos he 'used to work in a bank'!?!?! which probably explains his attitude!! What said little upstart doesn't realise is I work full-time and have two new businesses between us which sadly doesn't leave many hours in the day, add this to 3 house moves since the 'debt' and the acquisition of aforementioned hub and a flat full of his clobber and the fact i could've made payments on at least one of 4 different credit cards doesn't make this a one-call-project!!! It's a one (or two) letter project. CCA first. Watch the upstart vanish!

Plus we're working out Hubbys prelim letter and charges for the Halifax too :grin:

Oh and then there's the PPI claim against Welcome - grrr bring it all on [puts on mean face and rolls up sleeves]!!

You've got the bug!

I'll keep you posted

:D :D

• Haha 1

SaT - You've made the correct decision re SPECTRUM. I'm about to ditch them as my DMgrs and take control by my self.

Their failings

1. Their Telephone system is overloaded and you can seldom get through in under 10mins

2. They never call you back

3. They never respond to your letters

4. Their legal advisers know less than we do here re consumer rights

5. They failed to advise me on my rights & I received 2 CCJs (this was pre CAG)

6. Their initial assessment for the 3 mths is always higher than your eventual monthly payment - yet the 3mths is supposed to be based on your estimated payments going fwd. I claimed the difference back.

All in all DIY or for free organisations will save you money, grief & frustration

I'm not an expert so check everything I tell you, however click me scales if I've been useful.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

There is no freemasonry like the freemasonry of Golf

• 2 weeks later...

I'm now feeling confident and about to tackle UKDR with a CCA as i'm adamant i paid this debt, but the little upstart on the phone says it only takes one call to your bank to find out what payments were made ref the debt and he knows cos he 'used to work in a bank'!?!?! which probably explains his attitude!! What said little upstart doesn't realise is I work full-time and have two new businesses between us which sadly doesn't leave many hours in the day, add this to 3 house moves since the 'debt' and the acquisition of aforementioned hub and a flat full of his clobber and the fact i could've made payments on at least one of 4 different credit cards doesn't make this a one-call-project!!!

Ok folks, update for you and plea for help too please!

I got a copy of my orginal agreement back today :( and a letter basically saying ok you've got it now ring us and pay up!!

I only sent the letter requesting the CCA and no the version which says they must provide proof that it isn't paid. Shall i send them a letter to this effect or.....

What are my options?

TIA

KTE

Hi OoaK - how are you?

Unfortunately i cannot get the agreement on here but i think it is legit - funnily enough i found the original this week and i wasn't even looking fo rit so i'll compare the 2 tonight to make sure nothing has been fiddled.

The signature is legit cos it's my old one (before i got married), what else should i be checking for...?

No there was no SoA

K

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/105315-my-agreement-enforceable-useful.html

The 'agreement' you have - is that an application form? An application is not generally considered to be an enforceable agreement.

Also, what type of loan is this for: fixed or rolling credit?

;)

hmmm...

Looks like it is all above board :(

T'was for a bed. 0% APR. Form states when they start, how much and how many.

I do suspect that there was maybe a tiny amount still outstanding and that the rest is charges....

What now!!

Thanks OoaK ;)

Thanks for the link OoaK.

I had a look and it seems it is all above board but no, i didn't get a Statement of A/c so should i ask for this now and a breakdown of what i have paid...?

I only sent the letter requesting the CCA and not the version which says they must provide proof that it isn't paid. Shall i send them a letter to this effect or.....

TIA