help please - problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Sea-sidelady. That's the link I used to write this for my witness statement -

I am a single mother of two children. I cannot work because I suffer from agoraphobia, panic disorder and depression.

My only income is benefits. I receive no maintenance for my children.

I have more money going out that coming in each month, and am getting into debt. I try to run my bank account as well as I can, but with so little money coming in, it is inevitable that I will sometimes have failed direct debits and other unpaid items. Due to this, I am still receiving bank charges of £30 or £39 a go.

I am also in debt. I owe money to my gas and electric suppliers, my phone bill, another bank, as well as personal debts to my family and friends. I have got behind with nearly all my payments.

As my sole income is from benefits. Benefit payments are set to the minimum level to cover the basic requirements to live on. To allow the bank to continue to charge me these huge charges would cause extreme hardship and deprive me and my children of basic living essentials. In calculating the levels of benefit, the Government did not take into account the extravagent levels of bank charges.

Bank charges reflect a disproportionate burden on those on benefits particularly, as we have no way of boosting our income and limited access to credit to pay off previous charges. Thus once a charge has been applied the likelihood of further charges increases leading to a spiralling effect on our finances.

Shall I send it all off now to their solicitors?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes if you have everything you need, then send to the solicitors.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

That's what they would do - go for it - best of luck;)

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Yes, and don't forget to inform your bank that you are/have sent the application.

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

It looks good on your claim, if you send letters to the bank aswell.

As for the list of settled claims, you don't actually need to send anything just yet, unless requested.

F&Q's... Read here

Sorry I thought you were just looking at the hardship page.

Yes you send the N244, with the hardship.

Settled cases are here...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=138&Itemid=82

F&Q's... Read here

I've had a computer crash, and lost the stuff for the stay removal before I printed and sent it. Now I can't find the right link. Sorry, but could someone please point me in the right direction of the n244 and witness statement stuff? I need to know what I have to send to apply to have the stay removed on the grounds of hardship?

Maybe I should just leave the stay? Just been reading a thread where it says that it's unlikely to make anything that much quicker anyway. Might be best to just wait for the test case? In which case, do I just do nothing? Just sit and wait?