Received settlement letter but no money

beverleyt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5123 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hope someone can help because not sure what to do. Received my settlement letter 11 weeks ago and faxed it straight away. Didnt go to my court date because of this but told the court. I have not received my money and the lit team are not answering my emails. I emailed Paul Quinn a week ago today to say I will take them to court for breach of contract if I do not receive the money in a week. Today is a week later and I've not heard anything. Should I go through Moneyclaim again?

This is section 12 of the F.S.A Directions to the banks.

This direction is subject to the condition that the firm takes reasonable steps to ensure that complainants and potential complainants are not adversely affected to a material extent by this direction. This includes:

Communicating with customers:

(1) when communicating with complainants, potential complainants and other customers about relevant charges complaints, the firm must do so in a way that is clear, fair and not misleading;

(2) the firm must ensure that it publishes sufficient details to keep its customers, who have not complained or who have accepted a settlement, appropriately updated (on the firm's website or by other general means) on the grant of this direction, during the course of the test case and on conclusion of the test case, about the test case, this direction and their implications;

(3) the firm must ensure that complainants with relevant charges complaints (including those making new complaints, those whose complaint has not been resolved as at the date of this direction and those who have received a final response within the six months prior to the date of this direction, but not including those who have settled or who have referred their case to the Ombudsman) are kept appropriately updated about the test case, this direction and their implications (by letter or electronic equivalent) on the grant of this direction, on resolution of the test case, and upon other significant developments and (by website or other general means) at other appropriate points. Initial communications about this direction must include the relevant text annexed to this direction;

(4) in relation to complainants who have already received a redress offer (including an offer for goodwill payment) at the date of this direction but not yet accepted or rejected the offer, the firm must (unless the court or the Ombudsman directs otherwise in a case it is considering at the date of this direction):

(a) inform the complainant about the test case, this direction and their effects;

(b) take reasonable steps to ensure that the implications of accepting or rejecting that offer are communicated to the complainant before he commits himself to accepting or rejecting that offer;

© give the complainant two months within which to consider whether to accept or reject that offer with a clear explanation of the risks of each option; and

(d) honour that offer if it is accepted by the complainant;

As you can clearly see the bank is obliged to honour the offer.

I cant advise you on the next step as i might be wrong.

I do hope this helps though.

Good luck.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

You need to write to them and state that they have made a settlement which you agreed to. They have to abide by this settlement offer as directed by the FSA. Give them 7 days to respond inform them that should they not settle you will report them to the FSA.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.