• Tweets

• I see the poops are still trying to deflect from their own criminality and and abuses by whinging on about raynors buying her council house - now about election registration - anyone who owns a flat or house understands that you dont give up your and your childrens home just because of a new relationship and while we are on about that ..   lets start with When is jenrick being revisited for both lockdown abuses and self admitted (claims estate is his main home - not the property in his electorate or his london property) 'possible (lol) electoral registration abuses as he claimed he was at his estate 'main home' away from both London and his electoral 'home'  - much of which paid for by the taxpayer     Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick 'breaks lockdown rules twice' by going to 'second home' - Mirror Online WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK Key Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick drove 150 miles to his 'second home' after urging the nation to remain in their homes in a bid to...   ... perhaps follow with more self admitted lobbying while in a potion where they shouldn't “A few of us in parliament have lobbied the government – and with the help of the Treasury select committee, the chancellor has listened,” John Baron wrote.   Tory MP faces lobbying questions over Treasury committee role | Investing | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Co-owner of investment management firm called for ‘urgent’ post-Brexit changes to City rules at committee meetings     About time labour got in the game and started pressing for these self admitted/bragged Tory abuses were properly investigates.
    • No I didn't I got the dates mixed up.   
    • Sorry about that, TJ. The person who posted it specifically said it was free access. Here's another version of the FT article. https://archive.is/KYrPa
    • Isnt there some indication in there of at least intent to inform arbuthnot? IF he wasn't then it would seem to be Vennells decision to keep him 'uninformed .. Although seems to me if arbuthnot was unaware - he was either incompetent or should have very detailed records of denials. Seems vennells is constantly at the core of all the lying about all these issues though.
    • Paywalled/subscribe HB I'm unaware of the details on this HB but why is it a potential taxpayer burden? Hasn't a judge already ruled port has rights of access - so shouldn't costs be on the private company (South Tees Development Corporation) trying to change established access?     LIVE: High Court updates as CEO gives evidence in access rights row between STDC and PD Ports - Teesside Live WWW.GAZETTELIVE.CO.UK The face-off between the Teesport operator and Mayor Ben Houchen's South Tees Development Corporation continues in the High Court  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Bowie v Nationwide Here We go!!!!! * * WON * *

oooeee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:mad: Hi All,

i have been so inspired by reading all your stories. i was recommended this site by an advisor at my university, my problem started about 6 months age when i missed two direct debits because i was then charged £60 for these and did not have the money in the account when they took it out, i then missed another two the next month so as well as the £60 charges for them 2 i was charged £20 for an unauthorised overdraft!! as a mature student with 3 children my only money to live on is my tax credits this has caused me great financial hardship and has now got to the point where i missed 5 direct debits last month and added to that this month is the £20 unauthorised overdraft (when they took out last months charges) giving me a whopping £170 charges this month!! i have no way of paying this and if they take it out in one hit i will actually be left with no money to eat that week. i have decided to fight!! first letter sent today to ask for bank statements from last 6 years. i could only get detail for the last year online but this is £600 in charges in one year!! fingers crossed for me and good luck to everyone out there!!

don't let the B*******ds grind you down!!

oooeee

As a mathematics degree student i know their figures don't add up!!!! join the Revolution!!!

Nationwide Building society £1778.55 LBA sent 22.06.2006 Claim filed at Truro court 07/07/2006 for £1842.78 Acknowledgement recieved 19/07/2006 "intend to defend". £246.73 (interest on amount) paid into account 20/07/2006 Remaining £1595 paid into account 21/07/2006

Littlewoods catalogue looking into late charges. £80 of charges made phone call 16/07/2006 letter going out 21/07/2006

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone, it's very heartening to read so many positive threads. i have finally got my back statements today and have added up the charges plus interest. about £1600. i'm just checking that i have the next bit right.

i put my details into the letter on the bank templates, preliminary letter along with a seperate sheet of paper detailing the charges, amount and date, and then send it to Charles Bacon (or do i send it to my branch?)

can someone just confirm that i am doing it right?

Good Luck Everyone!!!!

oooeee

As a mathematics degree student i know their figures don't add up!!!! join the Revolution!!!

Nationwide Building society £1778.55 LBA sent 22.06.2006 Claim filed at Truro court 07/07/2006 for £1842.78 Acknowledgement recieved 19/07/2006 "intend to defend". £246.73 (interest on amount) paid into account 20/07/2006 Remaining £1595 paid into account 21/07/2006

Littlewoods catalogue looking into late charges. £80 of charges made phone call 16/07/2006 letter going out 21/07/2006

• 2 weeks later...

:mad: ok letter before action sent to Sarah Watson today claiming 1,788.55 . thanks to all forum users for giving me the courage to go through with this!! certainly need the money now, landlady has just given me notice to quit so need the money for deposit etc on somewhere new! i've emailed a copy of the letter to Charles Bacon and am awaiting the reply. hope it gets here soon but the way i'm feeling at the moment i'm ready for a fight in the courts!!

HERE WE GO BRING IT ON!!!!!

oooeee

Hi, hope all goes well - let us know. It's good to know there are so many of us doing exactly the same thing. It's great encouragement for one another. If I don't get a positive result from my LBA, I will be filing a claim next Tues.

Mandy.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update on my claim

ok, i'm filing my money claim tonight online tonight. i've read through the posts and think i understand it. going to do claim after i put my son to bed, i may have to take it to the court though as i'm on benefits so don't have to pay. will see what is said when i start the filling out. their 14 days is up today and i have had no reply to my LBA so here goes!!

don't mind saying i'm extremly scared but prepared to fight. will keep everyone posted. one thing before i finish, i had added up the charges wrong, in their favour, (DOH and me a maths degree student!!!) but this doesn't matter does it? i have the correct amount now with the interest etc courtesy of the spreadsheet on here. can anyone reassure me that it doesn't matter if the amounts differ and i don't have to start all over again?

oooeee

thanks michael, will start the claim now!!!

oooeee

Hi there,

tried searching for this but in the middle of filling out the form and not sure what to do. if it is a joint account do i put both of our names in the claimant bit or will just one do?

i know its probably a silly question but i don't want to get it wrong at this stage!!

oooeee

I'm not going to let this bloody form beat me!!!!! but after filling it in for the last hour and getting to the last bit now realise that you cannot claim exemption from the fees online so i'm now going to do it the old fashioned way and print out a hard copy and take it to my nearest court tomorrow. mind you the nearest court is 20 miles away!!!

does anyone know what the number of the form to claim exemption from the fees is, (i'm on benefits so don't have to pay i hope)

I'm not getting frustrated honestly!!!!

oooeee

Took my claim to the local court today (Truro). they were really helpful. but thought i would let everyone know the procedure. you need to take two copies of your N1 form to them, one for their records and one for the defendant. I get working Tax credit and took proof of this with me and got all my fees excused (£120) the form to claim this was really simple just name and address etc. but she did take a copy of the proof that i taken with me.

well i suppose i just sit and wait now!!!! when i got home i had a letter from nationwide telling me that they did not need to respond to the LBA for 40 days. but tough they had their 14 days and the claim has been filed. fingers crossed!!!!

oooeee

P.s. will pm moderators with bank claim details as soon as i have the claim number.

oooeee

:) Very best of luck...not that you'll need it!

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Well done for filing your claim!

You are claiming about the same amount as I did and I was paid in full within 7 days of filing my claim!

So far Nationwide have been very nice to me about it and no sign of account closure but we'll see!!

You are going to be £1600 the richer in a matter of days! Its a frustrating and worrying time but you'll be fine!!

Nationwide paid in full!!!!!

Moneyclaim filed 27/6, Acknowledged 30/6, £1500 refunded on 4/7!!!!! Just a week from claiming!

No sign of account closure yet! :D

• 2 weeks later...

update on claim, just received the court form back signed by charlie boy stating the intention to defend. getting wobbly now but fingers crossed i'm not the one they pick on to go to court!!!

oooeee

YEAH!!!!! Interest on claim £246.73 paid into bank account today. shows on online statement as credit by cash how strange is that? must be them cos its the exact amount of interest i'm claiming and no one i know is so generous to put that amount in my account!!! can't wait for the rest - need it desperatly have to move out of my house in two weeks and i haven't got any other money to put down as a deposit for somewhere else!!! thanks everyone for all your support hopefully be updating you that the full amount is in there soon!!!

oooeee

You will get the rest back....next few days...wonder how many times you will check your account before it goes in :lol: :lol:

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

its all here!!!!!! checked my account this morning - only had to check the once Dolly they're getting quicker!!! - and the rest of the money is in there!! you have no idea how much this money means to me. i can now put the deposit and rent in advance on a new house - lost the last one cos i couldn't raise the deposit - and we can be moving in the next couple of weeks. thanks to everyone for all their support and encouragement. i will now fill out the survey but not sure how to get the title changed to WON? i will stay on to encourage and help others. a donation will be made as soon as i know how much is left or my tax credits come through this month. YIPEEE!!!!!!!!:) :) :)

oooeee

WOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOO

Absolutely DELIGHTED for you - they have paid a lot out these last few days :)

I am so pleased....you enjoy that house, I'm sure you will be very happy knowing that the Nationwide have paid for your deposit :)

(I'll ask one of the mods to change the title for you)

well here is the final chapter in the bowie v nationwide saga. received a letter from them this morning asking me to close my account, they're three days too late as i closed it myself on monday!!! i wanted to close it when i wanted to not when they told me i had to!!! but they haven't asked me to close the kids accounts which is a bonus. so thats it all done and dusted, i feel almost free, this site has totally changed me i now complain if i'm not happy with something and have started to learn my rights about all sorts of things its been great!!!!

oooeee

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

oooeee

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks