Advantage Gold Card

hellhasnofury
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

I am thinking that if they applied AGC to you account. Did they work it out on your earnings?????

I never asked for this and although I have read that I cannot ask for it back, I feel that this was applied without my consent. And I want it back

I can imagine the scene, all these keen young bankers, brainstorming on ideas of how you make more profit for the banks. Somebody pipes up and says "Why don't we applied Monthly charges for services on accounts. The average Mr Joe Bloggs will get a moral boost, really think they are important, and think the bank things he is a value customer (even though his account is badly run. We will profit from the £12 a month for doing nothing, as well as making extortionate profit from charging him penality charges as well). And when he is really struggling, we will offer him a loan (discounted of course because he has AGC) but will will put payment protection insurance on and make millionsb1.gif

I bet he is far up the Company now CEO I would imagine

Any comments

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Comment? Absolutely!

My personal opinion (not endorsed by anybody else) is that Advantage Gold is one of Nat West's biggest money-spinners ever. They charge you a monthly fee for services that you rarely (if ever!) use.

I found out a few years ago that my account had been converted to an AG account without me actually signing up for it. Why was it converted? I withdrew cash from the bank with a cashier who had a chat with me about the benefits of AG............ and then promptly converted my account to AG without my consent!

If you're sure that you never signed up for the AG account ask them for your signed agreement. It could be that you could actually get these fees back (many have to date) on the basis that you didn't agree to this account and that you don't benefit from it in any way shape or form. And I'm pretty sure that they have a duty to prove that you agreed to have this account.

Go for it - I hate the whole AG scene with a passion and, to be honest, I'd love to see it scrapped! ;)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Comment? Absolutely!

My personal opinion (not endorsed by anybody else) is that Advantage Gold is one of Nat West's biggest money-spinners ever. They charge you a monthly fee for services that you rarely (if ever!) use.

I found out a few years ago that my account had been converted to an AG account without me actually signing up for it. Why was it converted? I withdrew cash from the bank with a cashier who had a chat with me about the benefits of AG............ and then promptly converted my account to AG without my consent!

If you're sure that you never signed up for the AG account ask them for your signed agreement. It could be that you could actually get these fees back (many have to date) on the basis that you didn't agree to this account and that you don't benefit from it in any way shape or form. And I'm pretty sure that they have a duty to prove that you agreed to have this account.

Go for it - I hate the whole AG scene with a passion and, to be honest, I'd love to see it scrapped! ;)

Hello,

Many thanks Hedgy, I blame the Natwest for my indebtness and I have a deep loathing for them.

I have already calculated that they have taken a great deal of money from me and I know that I never asked for it, it was just aplied.

Oh and I may go after all of the interest that they charged me as they do not have a credit agreement for the overdraft.

So nothing ventured nothing gained. Will start the process:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

AG is actually has a different set of T&Cs and is effectively a different agreement. If you have AG, NatWest should be able to 'prove' it by supplying a copy of an exceuted agreement for AG - it might be worth asking them. I can't remember if overdrafts are governed by the CCA (do you know Kim?) - if they are you could ask for the copy under s78(1) of the CCA 1974.

AG is actually has a different set of T&Cs and is effectively a different agreement. If you have AG, NatWest should be able to 'prove' it by supplying a copy of an exceuted agreement for AG - it might be worth asking them. I can't remember if overdrafts are governed by the CCA (do you know Kim?) - if they are you could ask for the copy under s78(1) of the CCA 1974.

Hello Steve,

Many thanks for your post. The NW would not more comply to any request that they think it will cost them money.:shock:

I know that overdrafts are governed by the CCA, but bank accounts aren't.

They have stated that they do not have a ca for the account.:shock::D

How about a full subject access request? Not just an exercise in sending out bank statements - but a request for all information stating that you require signed agreements (including the info they should have on file pertaining to the AG account).

If they can't produce anything under the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), I'd assume you could challenge the account fees on this basis. E.g., you didn't sign up for the account, you didn't agree to the account, you want a full refund of the fees levied during the period of time you've had AG, etc.

This could be really interesting - I haven't seen anybody successfully challenge the AG account from this angle before. Although you could have a real battle on your hands with them. What do you think Steven?

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

How about a full subject access request? Not just an exercise in sending out bank statements - but a request for all information stating that you require signed agreements (including the info they should have on file pertaining to the AG account).

If they can't produce anything under the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), I'd assume you could challenge the account fees on this basis. E.g., you didn't sign up for the account, you didn't agree to the account, you want a full refund of the fees levied during the period of time you've had AG, etc.

This could be really interesting - I haven't seen anybody successfully challenge the AG account from this angle before. Although you could have a real battle on your hands with them. What do you think Steven?

Thanks Hedgy, I think that I did a full SAR to the Natwest for all information regarding any information related to all activity I had with them and there is absolutely jack **** because I know that I signed nothing regarding the AG or overdraft. Surely, it is up to them to provide the documentation that says I signed or agreed. There is nothing to show anything in the SAR and they have confirmed to me in writing that they have no credit agreements of any shape or form

So I am about to send off my prelim letter asking for it all back, so we will wait and see 1. If they respond at all and 2 if they do what garbage are they going to come up with.

I am ready for a fight.

Best of luck with this - I think it'll be really interesting to see what Nat West do once they receive your prelim. They may possibly scrabble around looking for anything that you could have signed that relates to the AG account. But if they can't produce it/prove that you agreed to open it................. watch this space! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Thought it was about time I updated this thread. I decided to send them a non-compliance for the dpa and no evidence of any document relating to my agreement of these service and asked them to supply me with it as a matter or urgency.

Probably wait for ever, I have given them 14days to respond and then I will sent a prelim asking for them back. If they do not respond or they do not supply me with this evidence. I think it will go in my favour.

Hi,

Though Overdrafts are exempt from Section 5 of the CCA, the creditor should of informed you of the terms of any overdraft was being applied to your account. They have no legal requirement to hold a signed agreement but you should of been made aware of the terms of the overdraft. If you did a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and they din't provide evidence of this by all means go after them!

All advice is offered freely & without prejudice

If my post has been useful to you please click the scales

• 3 weeks later...

Well they are very rude, but no more than usual. They have not even responded to my request under the DPA non-compliance. Will I report them to the ICO and then issue a claim via the court to get this information. They have failed to supply me with information of other matters.

Well they are very rude, but no more than usual. They have not even responded to my request under the Data Protection Act non-compliance. Will I report them to the Information Commissioners Office and then issue a claim via the court to get this information. They have failed to supply me with information of other matters.

TBH, I don't think you have any other option except the above. If they fail to comply and you need the data to proceed further (which you do) then they've left you with no choice whatsoever.

However, to save you any immediate fees at a time when money's short (xmas and all that!) how about one last shot with a final warning letter? ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

TBH, I don't think you have any other option except the above. If they fail to comply and you need the data to proceed further (which you do) then they've left you with no choice whatsoever.

However, to save you any immediate fees at a time when money's short (xmas and all that!) how about one last shot with a final warning letter? ;)

Hello Hedgey,

How are you, well I hope and full of energy.

I agree, I will send them one more letter asking for this information under the dpa and then I will have no choice. I think they see my name and think, Oh her again, ignore her. This ca for the DGF is not the only info I am after.

I really want to sue them for the hardship they caused me over the last 18months, Their penalty charges, pushed the overdraft to the limit, they offered to give me a loan, added ppi???? which compounded the debt and this went on for a few years. When the pooh hit the fan last year, they made sure they took the dd for their loan, which increased the overdraft, before they closed the account. Do I hate them yes, I totally hold them responsible for my spiralling debt. and they won't comply with my requests for information on what they have done. I loathe them:mad:

Ok rant over, feeling calm now:p

Your rant is totally understandable hun! IfI had a penny for every time I'd ranted about Nat West, I'd be a rich woman by now....... trust me! ;)

Hopefully, you'll get your chance to show (one day) that Nat West aren't worth the paper they're written on - whereas you are worth far more than they could ever become. ;)

So give them one last chance.............. and then hit them with everything that you've got. And you'll get support every step of the way........... so at least you'll know that you're facing them head on with some back-up! x :)

• Haha 1

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Quick update, wrote to the nw for copy of AGF agreement, and yes nothing. Sent a DPA non-compliance letter and again nothing.

They have now threatened to repossess the house and sell it!!!!!!!!!!! Are they stupid, do they not realise they would have to get a ccj first. DDDrrrr!!!!! They have now passed this to a DCA Credit Management Services, who have now rung me twice. Did speak to them, told them to put it in writing, would not dicuss it blah,blah. So the fun and games start.

I really now need to get some plan of action going with this.

1. Bank Account overdraft owing. about £220. Going now for pre-six years penalty charges, calculated at £460, removal of default, Send prlim and lba no response. they just defaulted this acount with no Notice of Default. naughty naughty. Have asked for evidence of the NOD again ignored.

AGF asked for copy of ca for this, under non-compliance of dpa, again ignored.

Mis-sold ppi, sent prelim and lba for 3 previous loans (Had to estimate interest, and they will not supply this information) Comes to about £16,000. Their response is that this matter was resolved in July. (they paid out a settlement to me for the 4 and last loan). They only paid up after I managed to get them to divulge the amount of interest they applied to the ppi. On a premium of £4,600, they calculated the interest at 8.9% over ten years and it came to £4,094. So for ppi I never even knew was there, they charged me £8,694. I never asked for or discussed the three previous loans as they were withholding the interest information on them at that time, and still are.

They have also failed to provide any credit agreements for these loans and are well and truely in criminal default. Loan defaulted and again no Notice of default sent.

So I have them under breaches of the

Data Protection Act

Consumer credit act

breaches of the oft debt collections guidence

Can anybody thing of anything else?????????

• 4 weeks later...

Just sent of my prelim asking for all of the unathorised service fees to be returned to me.

So watch this space.

Wander what they will say, Ok:p

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Just a little update:D

Received this response to my lba for the return of the agf

Dear you,

Thank you for writing to us on 12th Jan. I have read your letter carefully and have now investigated the points that you reised relating to Advantage Gold:rolleyes:

I can confirm that your account was converted to AG in May XXXX. Whilst we no longer hold this documentation, I have obtained a copy bank statement which shows that this conversion took place the same day as you took out a personal loan with the Nasywest. As one of the many benefits of AG is that customers obtain a discounted interest rate on loans, it is prudent to assume that this is the reason for the conversion, ie to make your loan payments cheaper. (apart from the fact that we applied extortionate ppi that you had no choice in whatsoever:-x .

In view of this, and taking into account that you have received bank statements every month since May XXXX confirming that a fee has been debited, the bank feels that this product was not mis-sold and that your have had ample time to cancel this facility since that time.

MMMmm me thinks they are trying to mis-lead me:rolleyes:

Then the normal blah blah regarding time limits on complaints and refer to FOS

Haha, no agreement then:lol:

Have sent a response, I do feel that they do not think I am too prudent in my assumption:lol:

WELL, I´m Lagrange, hi everyone!!

I´ve got an AG account, but, the best of everithing (the worst actually) ia that they are charging me 40 pounds montly plus the interest!!! they are killing me!!! I sent a letter to close that account in December, but nothing happened!!! and it´s not possible for me to go to the bank to claim for it personally. What can I do?? To send a new letter, two, three more letters!!!, and why 40?? if the fee is 12??

Maybe someone can give a way out!!

Thanks for everything!!

Lagrange

Comment? Absolutely!

Hi lagrange and welcome to CAG. I suspect the £40 is £12 for the AG rip-off and £28 for going (or being) over your overdraft limit.

Do you have all your statements? If not, send an SAR (in he bank templates library) to NAtWest to get all the information they have on you. You will probably find they have made all sorts of charges and youcan start a claim to ge them back (although it will get held up for a while somewhere along the track because of the OFT case)

Also, start your own thread by clicking on the newthread.gif button. That way, your case won't get confused with hellhasnofury's and we can help you better.

Hello

Received a e-mail yesterday regarding my disputes with the Nw.

They do try to frustrate matters, why oh why can they not do the right thing.

Dear Hells,

XXXXX of the XXXX branch has passed your recent complaint, regarding AG service fees, to me as I am currently involved in your ongoing complaints about your debt with NW. I am in possession of your letters datedXXX and XXX.

For your benefit and so that you have one point of reference regarding your difficulties with the Bank, I will correspond with you about all of your issues

As it stands, the Bank is not in a position to provide copies of the form that you signed in 2000 to amend your current account to AG. The Data Protection Act does not require us to retain such documentation for more than six years.

Your account continues to provide the AG Benefits and I cannot see that you have asked us to remove them. Your account will incur the monthly service charge until you confirm that you no longer require this type of account.

In your letter dated XXXXX to XXXXX, you ask for details regarding three personal loans. I believe that I have made our position clear on this matter. The banks final response letter has been issed to you and if you remain dissatisfied I recommend that you refer your complaint to a third party,

Kind regards.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

What is extremely interesting is that they are telling me that they are still charging me for the benefit of AG monthly, but this account has been terminated and defaulted last year by them

They state that as it stand, the bank is not in a position to provide copies of the form that I signed in 2000. They wont have a copy because I never signed one. And I thought that if an account was still up and running and they are charging me money for AG that they had a responsibility to retain all relevant data. I have repeatly asked for certificates of destruction and been ignored.

I In my issue with mis-sold ppi (their final response letter) I have previously asked for information relating to 3 previous loans,(1998,2000,2001) the rate of interest charged, ppi interest applied, They tell me that they do not have this information of their databases, but do have information that enjoyed the benefits of the monies given. So I was just trying my luck with a different department and got rumbled.lol

The issues are, they state I owe them money, I state they owe me more money, penalty charges, mis-sold AG, mis-sold ppi on the loans. So we will have to see, who issues against who here I have started the ball rolling

D if your reading this, Hello, will be in touch soon

Hello Quick question please,

The document that I should have signed any thoughts as to which legislation could be used for a poc.:confused::-D

Thank you:D