Another Argos / Moorcroft debt

N.P

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi again,

A guy at work has asked me if I can help him with his problem with Moorcroft and Argos, just like my own and many others on here.

The thing is, the debt is for around £275 and he has onyl had the Argos card for around 2-3 months. He received a payment book last week and from what I understand he was due to pay £15 last Thursday followed by another £80 a month.

How it ended up with Moorcroft after only a few months for £275 I have no idea, I don`t really care, but I dislike DCA`s just like everyone else so I said I`d lend a hand if I could.

I read something somewhere that the Cunsumer Credit Act 1974 had been updated in 2006. I`m not exactly sure as to what was changed but I was wondering if it`s still worthwhile send a CCA request?

I look forward to hearing from you all again.

Regards

N.P.

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Now it really depends on what was in force at the time he opened the account. I believe that CCA 06 cae into force April 2007.

I'd be inclined to go with a CCA 74 and see how it pans out.

Under CCA 06 an non-existent agreement isn't a complete defence any more as the OC can use proof of transactions as to prove/enforce the debt

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Hi Curly,

Thanks for that.

So, I`ll send a CCA 74 request to see what they send back.

If they send a Credit Agreement with CCA 06 back, then he is screwed, is that right?

What if they send back a Application Form with the wording `Regulated Under The Consumer Credit Act 06`? Is he still screwed then?

I know my own dealings with Morecrap and Argos are under the CCA 07 if they have one, as the account is 4 or 5 years old now.

Regards

N.P.

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)