Non-compliance with CCA

REKWOB80

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, well I sent a CCA request to the halifax for a loan I have, the 12 working days ended on 07/08/07 with still no response, then on 01/09/07 I recived a letter from their retail banking collections team saying how I am £35.01 in arrears on my loan and as its secured on my home they may go to court for a possesion order and I will be liable for all costs.

The final 30 days are up on the 18/09/07 so Im not sure if this is just a scare tactic or what. I think it might be, as I think I have missed maybe 1/2 payments in the past and there has never been any mention of going to court. I do have a letter ready to send to them tommorrow just reminding them that I am entitled to my request and other details. So any advise anyone?.

Also I have sent a CCA for another loan with the halifax but had no response it also has the same deadline as above. I also did the same with argos, after it was signed for I got the threat of a default but since then nothing heard, they have just started ringing me at the moment but I dont want to say anything over the phone so I just ignore it. I know this is probably stupid to do but I dont see why they cant just respond to my CCA request. Should I be sending anything else to all these people?

Lastly sorry to go on but I had an overdraft of £500 this jumped to over £800 just with charges which I planned to claim back but then the test case happened so had to put it aside, they then upped the overdraft to £900 again with no agreement from me, because they put more charges on, can they do this?.

Anyway agreed to pay it all back at £25 a week, which was fine then they added more charges (the account is blocked so no-one else can take cash from it) again they upped the overdraft, so Im refusing to pay now if my balance is not going to go down, I dont want to be paying continuous charges, or Im going to be so far in debt Ill never get clear. (which im sure they want). Halifax were never this bad until I succesfully claimed charges in march since then they have been out to get me.(I bet many ppl can relate)

Anyway sorry to go on but if anyone has any advise to all problems it will be gratefully recieved. Thanks all.

Please may I say before anyone thinks Im just trying to escape my debts, that yes partly I am but this was not until I have been totally screwed by the halifax and others, I am so far in debt Its nearly killing me, I got into serious gambling debt to just try and get money but after always losing I would cry or get really angry and want to hurt myself and others because I had wasted even more money. Thankfully I managed to stop the gambling but all the debts still there, but I know I am not alone. All I have ever wanted was to mainly always pay my mortgage payments which Im currently in £750.00 arrears, I should be thankful though because this side of the halifax has always been very leinient and quite helpful which I hope they remain (touch wood). I have 2 young toddlers and all I want is to leave them something (our house) if nothing else.

I just cant see or even remember when things started going wrong or a way out.

So wrong as some might think I just want to maybe even try and postpone some debts or maybe try and get some written off in a bid to just try and get back on top.

Anyway apologies if anything I have wrote has offended anyone.

Your thread will be moved shortly.

I would point out that it is never a good idea to not pay a secured loan.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

thread moved :-D

HSBC WON three times!!!!! Read about my continuing battle (claim FOUR!) Link HERE

Capital One WON Link

HERE

GE capital (5 accounts) WON link HERE

Lloyds bank account WON second claim starting! link HERE

Budget insurance cough up WON link HERE

Principles WON link HERE

A&L (Mrs Crusher's account) claim link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

Any advice given is on an informal basis only and without prejudice or liability. In in any doubt, consult a qualified lawyer.

IF YOU HAVE GOT YOUR MONEY BACK, PUT SOME BACK INTO THE SITE TO HELP KEEP IT OPEN!

Well all of the above have totally ignored my CCA requests their final deadlines were today with no reply from any of them. Does anyone have any advice on were to go from here I know about informing the trading standards but thats about it, even then Im not sure what to say. Also not sure what to say or do if any go to court so if anyone has any advise, an informative reply would be helpful thanks.