lowells

timewarp

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5128 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Been contacted 2 weeks ago (ironically a few weeks after checking out Experian!!) by Lowells for a debt under £200 going back to 2000 for Sky...

I do not even recall it and they say they have purchased the debt.

The numpty at the DCA rang and I said surely it is Statute Barred being over 7 years old he says no the debt was registered in 2003 so the clock starts from then

Is he right?:confused:

First NEVER talk to these "people" on the phone as they will try and get you to agree to anything.

There is a template letter to be found here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Letter M.

Is it important to start the letter:

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY in Big Bold letters.

Send that and see what they come back with.

If the debt hasn't been acknowledged, in writing or by payment, in over 6 years it becomes Statute Barred and as such completely unenforceable.

When they say registered what are they talking about. I bet they mean that's when they got the debt.

Oh well more "people" urinating into the wind ;)

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

thanks for that link

I thought he was wrong......he started off polite but when challenged with

SB he got all cocky and then cross :D

Seems a lot of work to me....under 200 and seven years+ old

Bear in mind how little they probably paid for this, then anything they get would be profit.

After all some people would simply pay the whole amount as they thought it was indeed owing.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Bear in mind how little they probably paid for this, then anything they get would be profit.

After all some people would simply pay the whole amount as they thought it was indeed owing.

Unfortunately TW, I was one of those people who paid the whole amount:( (pre-CAG of course;) ). Thank goodness for the nice chap at National Debtline who directed me to this site:)