accepting offer

loltel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

starting a new thread for my SIL.

she is up to the stage of a stay being granted but now in her infinite wisdom has decided that she has 9 days left on her offer letter and wants to accept it.

what does she have to do with the acceptance form which i think is a full and final and unlikely to get anything else. just tick box and send or cross anything out?

what will her position be at the court? what sort of letter does she send them? will it cost anything to bail out now.

need to get this sorted for her asap as a bottle of good red is in the frame. :-D

Basically, if she wants to accept their Gesture of Goodwill, she needs to sign the acceptance for and send it off to Borehamwood. If she doesn't agree with their conditions, she can simply cross the conditions out.

She'll also need to complete a 'Notice of Discontinuance' at her court to say she's settled the claim and no further action need's to be taken.

How's that for a nice and easy bottle of red?! ;):D

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

aw no! can we make it a bit more complicated, at least 2 bottles worth. :-D

On her letter the return address is for customer response service unit in edinburgh, she lives in the southend CC area. is it a normal return address or a curve ball for some reason, and if she does cross out the full and final bit can they refuse to pay her, sorry i waffle :p

The return address is normally Borehamwood, but she'll need to return it to whichever address they've adviser her to (they should have sent her a pre-paid envelope as well - cheapskates if they haven't!) ;)

I've known a couple of cases where they've refused to pay out if the 'full and final' bit is crossed out, but to be honest with you - if she's claimed all of her charges back for a certain time period she wouldn't be going back to claim them again so it wouldn't matter if she accepted this particular offer as 'full and final'. It would only matter if they're offering a partial refund and she intends to go back and reclaim the rest once the outcome of the OFT test case is known.

There you go............ that should be worth a second bottle for you! x :D

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.