Powergen e-0n DCA face2face

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6052 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right where do I start?

4th of June a debt collector from Face2Face arrived at our house for the gas and electric bill that has not been paid (long story short just simply could not affored to pay the bills) He did not enter the house as me and hubby were outside the house watching my daughter playing. He told us why he was calling he had with him the amounts of both utility bills we saw his I.D so thought he was genuine. There was a few complications with the bills as they wern't addressed to either of us, just to "the occupier" So mr rep man said because of this we had to wait for him to submit all the information he had asked us back to powergen so we could have the bill in our name before he could come back and get a pre-pay meter in for us. (i had asked him to do this other than agree to a payment schedule as we are on benefits and dont have any money. While he was at our front door he asked us our income and expenditure, if we had chirldren, he noted what locks we had on our door and noted where our meters are.

Then today....the postman brings us 2 letters, both from powergen saying to us that they are coming out om tuesday to disconnect the gas and electric supply and that there has been a warrent issued for entry costing us £230 EACH!!!

Now I am upset by this as per our visit from mr Face2Face Rep man we were thinkin that we were gettin our pre-paid meters installed intime, as our bill with my husbands name on only arrived August 18th or there abouts that. Untill today that is the only thing we have recieved from powergen or face2face is the disconnection letter and the bill with hubbys name on.

Forgot to mention hubby did actually sign to say he wanted the pre-paid meters installed as a way of paying back the debt.

So what do we do from here?

I have phoned energy watch and they put hubby thro to the major complaits dept at powergen.

All help would be greatfully recieved. Thank you

[COLOR=royalblue]Halifax......WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Nationwide...WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [CENTER][URL="http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/sections187and45/"][B][SIZE=4]Please sign this Downing Street petition on Bank Charges and Benefits[/SIZE][/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Sounds like there has been a break down in communication between the rep (who sounds genuine as Powergen do use Face2Face) and Powergen, or a member of staff who got the reps report didn't read it properly.

Does the letter really say they are coming on Tuesday - or does it actually say that the account is being passed to the Warrant Application Officer (or something like that) on that day?

Hiya,

The letter states that they are coming on Tuesday to disconnect our supply or if possible fit a prepay meter.

but as i said, this is the frst we know about it, but powergen are saying that they have sent us letters? But I have not got anything from them appart from a bill and this disconnection notice, and thank god we did get it because if were not here on tueday the guy on the fone this afternoon said that they will simply cut off your supply if your not there!!!!!

well.. I dont know what to say to that.

[COLOR=royalblue]Halifax......WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Nationwide...WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [CENTER][URL="http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/sections187and45/"][B][SIZE=4]Please sign this Downing Street petition on Bank Charges and Benefits[/SIZE][/B][/URL][/CENTER]

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I cannot understand why you have not had any letters or made contact with your supplier its takes nearly 8 months to get to a warrent stage to be honest with you.

If you call a powergen number, ask the agent to put you through to the warrents department, explain to them that you agree to have the meters installed, the meters will have to be install on the warrent date and you will need to be at the property, if you are they should not charge the £230 per supply.

If you are not at the property then they will entre it by force, you will be also charged for the repairs ect.. and then the meters installed and the £460 charged to your account.

need anymore if just post.

If my post has been helpful please click the scales below my username