Any news on the current pause?

egough

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

Can anyone tell me if there is any news on the current pause that all the banks have put on reclaiming bank charges. I have had offers from both Abbey and Lloyds, sent a letter saying didn't want offer but they have since paid the offers into the account anyway!! When I try and phone them there is just an answerphone message saying about this trial case going through at the moment.

Would be grateful if anyone can shed any light.

Hi, can you clarify what you mean by "offers" are they Gestures of Good Will after your initial complaint, or payments made by the banks solicitors after offers were made to you?

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

i could be wrong, but i would have thought that if you have proof that you only accepted under the conditions it was a part payment, then that should mean you can continue the claim to court for the remaining amount. just keep a copy of your letter and the proof of delivery slip, and (if possible) a printout of the signature on royal mails track and trace service, and include all of that in your trial bundle. i would also suggest sending a photocopy of all the above mentioned documents to your bank and tell them that this is your plan. if they dont agree they can remove the money back from your account.

please feel free to correct me if you dont agree, this is just my opinion and the way i would play it if the circumstances were my own.