please someone help cna i cancel the agreement?

skyebird25
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6038 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help I think I done something really stupid

I basically took out a loan with hfc today for 3500 pounds. They asked me if

I wanted to consolidate a debt I had with them for stuff I brought from currys this june of 549 pound I said ok then. I basically got a good deal on the goods from currys and it worked out better to get credit as they gave me a good discount I did the figures and aslong as I paid it off by march I be the winner. Anyway I just read through the documents now they have charged it as a consolidation loan and basically I consolidate 545 pounds and it says interest total 993.80 so that means at the end of the term I will end up paying 993 pounds just for that 545 which I can pay off . I just feel like a fool really . Can I get out of the agreement I have not cashed the cheque they gave me? I don’t mind the interest for the 3000 pounds but I really think it works out cheaper for me to take the loan of 3000 which I initially wanted not 3500 and then pay the hfc retail diversion direct instead of consolidating the loan as they charging me like over 400 pounds just to do so.

hello it says i can cancel at anytime aslong as i pay the interest etc, will they charge me interest for one day ?

i want to return the cheque etc to them tomorrow. I cant go int o the office as i have a wedding but if i just post them the cheque and a letter will that be ok.

Read it very carefully. It may mean the interest for the full term of the loan.

I advise you to ring them, first thing in th morning and ask exactly what it would cost you to cancel.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Thanks for replying, it may sound silly but i literally haven't been able to eat with worry . it says ' you can cancel this agreement at anytime by giving notice in writing and paying off the amount you owe under the agreement, which may be reduced by rebate. examples indicating the amount you have to pay appear in the agreement ' and then they are examples prices of what i would have to pay if i end the agreement 1/4 2/4 and 3/4 in the agreement .

surely if you have not cashed their cheque you can return it to them, ring trading standards today, was the loan taken over the phone? Have you signed anything???

Please give as much information as possible and scan the doc in question

9-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent:o !! Lloyds and Halifax!

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Capital One

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax Card Services

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Marbles

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax (Birchave0's sis)

8-3-07 PPI refund Lloyds TSB Loan £1200 + £2900 off loan balance

22-5-07 Halifax *Won* £1025

23-9-07 Goldfish 8k balance written off, £2300 PPI + charges returned, no agreement