Debt Recovery Company Braking Data Protection

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6049 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, my parnter had a call from a Debt Recovery Company last night, she doen't like speaking to them on the phone as they put her under so much pressure so i take all calls, but on this occation the guy on the other end of the phone desided in my option to break the data protection law.

Phone call went like this.

Them: Can i speak to xxxxx

Me: Who's Calling

Them: It's xxxxx Debt Recovery, can i speak to xxxxx

Me: Speaking (I must sound like a woman on the phone)

Them: Can you please confirm your date of birth & first line of your address:

Me: I'll tell you what, you tell me what you have on your screen & i will tell you if it's correct.

Them: We have your date of birth as xxxxxx :eek:

Me: I'll just stop you there. Please be aware that i am recording this phone call and you have just broken the data protection act.

Them: Yeh, that's all right.

Me: Hold on, do you relise you have just broken the data protection act, and i have this full conversation on tape.

Them: Well yeh, but i thought you weren't going to give me your details, so i gave them to you for you to confirm.

Me: I'll tell you what, i am going to report your company to all the relevent authorities for your breach of the data protection act.

Them: Yeh, well, Whatever - Phone went dead.:lol:

My partner gets phone calls from the same company every night, and i just ask the same question, for them to tell me the details they have on screen, but this is the first time i have actually got them to give such details away, as every other time they just hang up after a bit of playing about with them.:grin:

Waiting for another call tonight, i am secretly starting to enjoy winding them up!;-)

I wonder which carnival of clowns this is :)

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

Regardless of what they have done, they always appear to $**t themselves when you suggest that you might be recording the conversation. strange, what do they wish to hide i wonder? still, breaches of the DPA are nothing new i am affraid. i used to work for a dca, i will say no more. still, B******* bank isn't any better, sending account information around over public email, not encrypted... woops, did i let the cat out of the bag? Good job i didn't actually mention the bank's name... Is it too much to ask that banks operate within the law and current legislation? now there's a thought...