LS123 V Halifax cc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6028 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When did you file mcol?

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Yeah I know N1 is the preferred route but I live in Essex and work in London, so it's just too much messing around for me.

Also my Barclaycard case that was an N1 has been stayed anyway by Southend Court - I had to pay £35 and have a hearing in October to discuss removing the stay, so I don't really think that's a much better option.

I am hoping that as these are such small amounts they may just pay up (wishfull thinking probably!)

Im glad to hear you knew, i didnt want you to get dissapointed once you read it. :)

F&Q's... Read here

• 3 weeks later...

HI LS123

Glad to see your moving in the right direction but just because they acknowleged doesnt always mean they will file defence.

If no defence filed after 28 days from Deemed served date then put your N1 in to Court.

Good Luck.

Regards :)

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

If they dont acknowledge after 28 days you can file for judgement.

But you know what she meant..:p

F&Q's... Read here

• 2 weeks later...

Latest update on these 2 claims - claim 1 for 122.28 (inc int + fees) claim 2 for £90.32 inc int + fees

Requested judgement by default on MCOL yesterday and they were issued yesterday as Halifax had acknowledged both claims but no defence.. Now I am wondering whether this is due to the post strike and will be overturned at some point....

Any advice on what I should do now? I am in no hurry to instruct Warrant as I did this on my Freemans claim in September and still haven't had any money - seems a complete waste of money to me! Please correct me if I am wrong and it has worked for you??

Also I am sure I read somewhere that the Baliffs in Halifax have so many claims again Halifax Bank that haven't been paid that they don't know what to do with them all...

LS

I have received judgement by default on my OH two credit cards but haven't heard anything from Halifax.

I have been reading on here about a 7 day letter that you should send before instructing baliffs - any ideas where I can find this?

Thank you