Loans.co.uk - personal details sold on - Is this a scam

ianfm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5433 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

the letter from loans.co had a complementary code to access your file for free for about 12 months I think it said, but many have decided they do not want anything to do with the free code as signing up to creditexpert can of itself cause you additional problems in an 'updating' way. creditexpert refer to it as a Redemption Code.

What problems are you refering to.

I am using my Credit Expert without problem, and i have taken the opportunity to clean up my credit file, so far adding 150 points to my score.

I accepted it as partial settlement, so if anyone does have any joy with compo, i am still able to claim.

[COLOR=#2e8b57][B][SIZE=1][U]Claimed & won so far[/U]:-[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen][U]Banks[/U]:- NatWest Personal £1000, Natwest Business £2000, Lloyds TSB Personal £1500, [U]Mortgages[/U]:-Central Capital (PPI) £500, Natwest MEAF £140 [/COLOR][COLOR=#2e8b57][U]Credit cards[/U]:- HSBC Gold card £365, Capital One £599.55 Barclaycard £1070 ( i only aske for £700) , Lloyds £500 [U]Catalogues[/U]:- Littlewoods Direct Flex Account £60 :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][SIZE=1][B][U]For Friends[/U][/B]:- Natwest £1500, £1800 & £500, Cap One £600, Barclaycard £400, Solutions £100, Aqua, £105.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][B][U][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Pending:-[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B] [COLOR=seagreen][SIZE=1]Barclays Bank Personal (On hold - Thanks a lot OFT) :mad:.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR]

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an update here.... I was called from a company called CENTO CLIENT REVIEW yesterday. Coincidentially, they had all my personal details, my x directot phone number. They said that bought a bunch of data. They say they are registered with the Ministry of Justice and that they have Solicitors Forbes Douglas acting.

They come over with a good sales technique telling me that CCA74 agreements have 18 flaws and that I could get as much as £3K back from a mortgage lender.

After a lengthy telephone call I found that Forbes Douglas are not Solicitors they are only an agent subbing the work out.

The reason I am posting is that I belive my data which was sold from Loans.co.uk has now turned up here with this company. I am interested to know if any of you are still arround have had any communication from any company seeming to know all about you as this company did in my case.

If anyone does hear something and you do not want to post on public forum please PM me.

I would be interested to know whether the above members have MBNA credit cards. For some time MBNA were pushing Loans.co.uk as an associated company offering to convert your credit card debt into a secured loan.If correct this could possibly indicate the source of Loans.co.uk's data

I would be interested to know whether the above members have MBNA credit cards. For some time MBNA were pushing Loans.co.uk as an associated company offering to convert your credit card debt into a secured loan.If correct this could possibly indicate the source of Loans.co.uk's data

I personally do not have a MBNA Credit Card, and have never applied for one either. I did however contact Loans.co.uk for a loan from some advertising material which was posted to me. Stupidly, I telephoned them they took to my recollection a lot of details, then told me I was unsucessfull for the loan.

MBNA are also tied with GE Money, in fact many of their directors etc are with all companies including Loans.co.uk.

I did an SAR back in 2007 to Loans.co.uk and it revelaed they even had my mothers maiden name, details of past mortgages, bank accounts. TBVH - it was very worrying that my data along with many others were passed to third parties without authority and that the police and the ICO did nothing.

I am convinced this is where the source of data came from that CENTO CLIENT REVIEW were working from. They knew far too much about me. I know of no other place where they could have got their info from.

• 3 weeks later...

If you want to take further action/make a complaint against Loans.co.uk they can now be found at

Loans.co.uk

Stansfield House

Chester Business Park

Wrexham Road

Chester

CH4 9FB

One of the original directors of Loans.co.uk is a former CEO of First National, now GE Money.

If you want to take further action/make a complaint against Loans.co.uk they can now be found at

Loans.co.uk

Stansfield House

Chester Business Park

Wrexham Road

Chester

CH4 9FB

One of the original directors of Loans.co.uk is a former CEO of First National, now GE Money.

Much appreciated and thanks Bizzimum

Mmmm A Chester address sounds like the home of MBNA. Is Donna Pumphrey still there I wonder! Thanks for posting that up for me.

I think one letter will definately be going to the ICO, maybe another to the police at Watford where the original crime was reported, one to the Ministry of Justice advising them of the goings on with Cento Client Review and that is just for starters. As well as I have now linked another company with Cento which is connected with Mobile phones and which has become a nightmare for it's victims. There are now quite a few in the same boat as me that have been contacted by Cento and it is growing daily and fold are natuarally worried about their personal data.

They operate from a Swansea call centre.

Tuttsi x

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I too have been receiving calls from Cento Client Review and was amazed by what they knew about me.

I feel they have the details that loans.co.uk sold them as they were not aware I moved address and changed mortgage companies. (When sending the loans.co.uk complaints a kept giving them my old address- I rent that house out so I get any post that is addressed to me anyway)

I've also just recieved another called from a company called Hanover Sterling regarding debt managment they have been passed my details. I just advised them that I didn't have any debts and they were happy to accept that but time will tell if I start getting anymore calls.

Hi Lyn

You are quite right they knew far too much about you and hoards of other peeps that I have come accross as well and in almost all cases all roads are leading back to Loans.co.uk stolen data.

I will have a hunt arround and see if anyone has heard or knows about Hanover Sterling, it maybe just a coincidence, but lets see.

Just found a link on moneymarket for Hanover Sterling which you may want to read, having read it I would not use them at all.

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/community/forums/ThreadNavigation.aspx?PostID=143741&NavType=Previous

If you have anymore calls keep us posted.

Tuttsi x

Edited by TUTTSI
added a link

Also bear in mind that many of these loan companies 'buy' information from the Registry Trust. Registry Trust are the organisation which has a contract with HM Govt to record all CCJ information from every court in the land. This CCJ information is then used by these vultures to contact debtors who are already in debt of course otherwise they wouldn't have had a ccj offering more loans to get you deeper in debt. Many of the loan letters which appear through your letter box are traced back to Registry Trust. I went through a phase of SAR'ing every one of them that arrived so I know.

I obtained a price list from them via my company to see what they charged and £80,000 a list is not uncommon for a regional list..Yes, a lot of money so they are obviously a good buy.

Interestingly this is a 'not for profit organisation', but no doubt the consultancy fees of the Director will be something akin to an MP's expenses chitty. Now these loan companies preying on the 'already bad' debtors, those people already under considerable financial strain being offered these penal interest rates will be delighted to know that the man behind these directors invoices and fees selling all your information to these loan companies is none other than Mr Malcolm Hurlston - and who's he one might ask? Oh, he's the nice gentleman who set up CCCS, you know, the charity to help debtors get out of trouble with their creditors and the nice gentleman who saw fit to sit on a panel of judges to vote for the best DCA of the year a year or so back for Credit Today magazine! - Gits, they are all as thick as thieves :-x

Hi Andrew,

Many thanks for the insight on the way that peeps personal data could be passed on for marketing purposes and I am sure this could explain 99% of our mailings.

But in the case of Loans.co.uk, we know for sure that many thousands of personal data belonging to many folk including mine were stolen back in Sept 2007, as we all received letters from one of the directors explaining the position and in fact it also made the news headlines. The police and ICO were also involved.

Our concerns are now that this company called Cento Client Review when they telephoned and called me by name on an ex directory number and knew all my personal details which mortgage accounts I had had and bank and credit card accounts as well and when I was not in when they first called they blagged it off my personal info to my hubby..... which under the data protection they should not have done so. Many of the people I have spoken to who have received these very intrusive calls had also had their data stolen back in Sept 2007.

It could be just coincidence or has the stolen data turned up at Cento Client Review. I have found so far the as the common link that many of the people that have been called by Cento also had dealings with Loans.Co.Uk and also had their personal data stolen back in 2007.

I am preparing to write to the Ministry of Justices and the ICO and possibly the police who dealt with this case back in 2007, as I for sure want to get to the bottom of this.

Oh and by the way when I asked Cento how they got my personal details they told me it was passed to them from the FSA as there was 18 flaws in the CCA 1976 and they had been commisioned to sort it (lol) they must have thought I was stupid. So I bet the FSA would be interested in those comments. Unfortunately, I did not record the call but did make my notes as I carefully asked them questions which in many cases they were unable to answer.

Tuttsi

Also bear in mind that many of these loan companies 'buy' information from the Registry Trust. Registry Trust are the organisation which has a contract with HM Govt to record all CCJ information from every court in the land. This CCJ information is then used by these vultures to contact debtors who are already in debt of course otherwise they wouldn't have had a ccj offering more loans to get you deeper in debt. Many of the loan letters which appear through your letter box are traced back to Registry Trust. I went through a phase of SAR'ing every one of them that arrived so I know.

I obtained a price list from them via my company to see what they charged and £80,000 a list is not uncommon for a regional list..Yes, a lot of money so they are obviously a good buy.

Interestingly this is a 'not for profit organisation', but no doubt the consultancy fees of the Director will be something akin to an MP's expenses chitty. Now these loan companies preying on the 'already bad' debtors, those people already under considerable financial strain being offered these penal interest rates will be delighted to know that the man behind these directors invoices and fees selling all your information to these loan companies is none other than Mr Malcolm Hurlston - and who's he one might ask? Oh, he's the nice gentleman who set up CCCS, you know, the charity to help debtors get out of trouble with their creditors and the nice gentleman who saw fit to sit on a panel of judges to vote for the best DCA of the year a year or so back for Credit Today magazine! - Gits, they are all as thick as thieves :-x

Much appreciated and thanks Bizzimum

Mmmm A Chester address sounds like the home of MBNA. Is Donna Pumphrey still there I wonder! Thanks for posting that up for me.

I think one letter will definately be going to the ICO, maybe another to the police at Watford where the original crime was reported, one to the Ministry of Justice advising them of the goings on with Cento Client Review and that is just for starters. As well as I have now linked another company with Cento which is connected with Mobile phones and which has become a nightmare for it's victims. There are now quite a few in the same boat as me that have been contacted by Cento and it is growing daily and fold are natuarally worried about their personal data.

They operate from a Swansea call centre.

Tuttsi x

I was on the stolen loans.co.uk list and i have been trying to contact them , does anyone have a current phone no. please ,

Have had no calls but I answer my phone in an un co-operative manner to, unsolicited phone calls . I don't like phones at the best of times , even if I like the person on the other end . Have had loads of mailshots offering to get me and several generations after me into massive compounded debt though since then .

I was on the stolen loans.co.uk list and i have been trying to contact them , does anyone have a current phone no. please ,

Have had no calls but I answer my phone in an un co-operative manner to, unsolicited phone calls . I don't like phones at the best of times , even if I like the person on the other end . Have had loads of mailshots offering to get me and several generations after me into massive compounded debt though since then .

The number I have for Ian Craig a Director from the FSA site is always goes on to an answering machine for someone else. I have left messages but no one ever returns my calls. I have triied every which way to contact Loans.co.uk and speak to a director. But now I have all the directors home addresses so I will write to them at home, since it is impossible to contact them by phone and MBNA are not very responsive.

Ian Craig - 51 Wedgewood Gardens, St helens, WA9 5GA.

I have all the other directors addresses as well.

Good luch, let me know how you get on.

Tuttsi

Just a quick update:

Many thanks for all the replies and information given. Loans.co.uk has not replied to my letter as they promissed to, so I have today sent a Notice of legal Action letter to loans.co.uk. I am claiming liquidated damages of:

• CIFAS subscription fees @ £11,75 per annum for 6 years
  • Additional bank fees to cover ID fraud insurance £144.00 per annum for 6 years
  • Leave taken to deal with their incompetence: 2 days
  • Postal and administrative costs

I reserve the right to seek further damages including un-liquidated damages from loans in the event that this matter is not settled within 14 days of my letter. I sent the letter per registered mail to

Julieann Greer

Managing Director

Loans.co.uk

6 Marlin House

Croxley Business Park

Watford

Herts

WD18 8TD

The Customer Advocate Office

MBNA Europe Bank Limited

PO BOX 1004

Chester Business Park

Chester

CH4 9WW

United Kingdom

Willian J. Fox

Global AML Compliance Executive

Bank Secrecy Act Officer

Bank of America Corporation (the Corporation)

Bank of America Corporate Center,

Charlotte,

NC 28255.

USA

I recon between the above brainboxes they should be able to see the light.

Zootscoot, Although my innitial losses (Argos and flights and store cards) have now been refunded by my bank, I have had to incur additional costs to protect myself against future fraud. I am a single parent and sole breadwinner for 2 children thus cannot afford to let my kids go hungry 6 weeks at a time while I wait for banks to refund defrauded transactions. Additional insurance against further fraud in my case is essential.

I am aiming for Small Claims track, and will let you guys know how things proceed.

Kind regards - the Mozzie

Very interesting how did you get on ?

The number I have for Ian Craig a Director from the FSA site is always goes on to an answering machine for someone else. I have left messages but no one ever returns my calls. I have triied every which way to contact Loans.co.uk and speak to a director. But now I have all the directors home addresses so I will write to them at home, since it is impossible to contact them by phone and MBNA are not very responsive.

Ian Craig - 51 Wedgewood Gardens, St helens, WA9 5GA.

I have all the other directors addresses as well.

Good luch, let me know how you get on.

Tuttsi

Thank you I am on it , , has anyone had a reply from the new Chester address , and are they part of mbna still ?

Thank you I am on it , , has anyone had a reply from the new Chester address , and are they part of mbna still ?

I only did Director reports which showed many of the directors are also directors of the various MBNA companies. Both MBNA and Loans.co.uk are part of Bank of America Corp USA the ultimate holding company.

for instance -Ian Craig is also a director of MBNA funding Company Ltd

John Sullivan O'Doherty - MBNA Funding, MBNA Europe, Marlin House and Holdings. etc etc....

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Tuttsi