• Tweets

• Doc 04-19-2024 11-01-51-merged-compressed.pdf good morning.    9 pages attached.    thank you  UCM
    • Hi I was being supplied my ovo after unknowingly being swapped from SSE.  My issues began when we had a smart meter fitted and our bills almost doubled overnight - we at the time assumed we were just paying not enough until then and just continued to pay the excess bills each. Month.    I would from time to time contact ovo and get faced with a call centre on South Africa of the most rude agents who would just hang up after hours of wait and I could not even get an acknowledgement of an issue with my meter.  At one point we were not in the property for like 4 months and the bills were coming just as high!  It was at this point I was sure something is not right and ovo only care to send bailiffs and started threatening us with a pay as you go meter despite me taking out a 3.5k loan to pay of my outstanding balance.  Around 1600 each on both gas and electricity.  This is where its gets really bad -  the very same day they sent me out a new bill saying the money paid already was only to cover up until the November previous and because its now Feb we owe another 1k.   By that August this had risen to over 3k and I still couldn't get anyone to even acknowledge a fault let alone fix it.    In despair I tried to swap suppliers and to my surprise octopus accepted us because even tho the debt is owed we are trying deal with.  During our time with them the bill was coming only on my wife's name as I was responsible for other bills and she this one - now that we owe them 3k they have magically started adding my name as well as my wife's to the same debt to apply double pressure and its showing on my experiwn report now with a question mark and 2700 showing in grey -  This was my wife's debt which we dispute we owe yet the have now sent me letter with both our names on from oriel and past due credit debt agencies - is this illegal and how can I get them to take my. Name of this and leave on wife's name as its so unfair they give us a both a defualt for wife's debt which we dispute anyway.    In the end about 3 weeks ago I wrote an email to their ceo and rishi sunak and low and behold for the first time in our history with ovo someone who spoke English contacted us and said she will look into our claim.    I explained to her that we feel our meter is faulty and despite me contacting them using WhatsApp email and phone I still have not got anyone to acknowledge a fault even. And that I dispute I Owe anything as my son was in hospital for 3 months and we stayed with him so house was empty and still. They were sending us super sized bills more than when we started at home.  She promised to investigate and a few days later replied that she is sorry for the poor customer service and offered us £50 compensation - however she also. Mentioned that she's attached statements for us confirming the payment for 3k I made was only up until Nov and in Feb despite me pay 3.5k nearly it's correct for them to bill. Me. Another £900 the very same day and she did not agree our meter was faulty and therfore the debt stands and she will not be calling it bcak from past due credit.  During my time with my new supplier post ovo, octopus I requested tehy check my. Meters because I felt they were faulty and over charging me and I got excellent response asking me for further details which I supplied and I got a. Response bcak within days to say my meter was indeed faulty and octopus have now remotely repaired it.   I then contacted the energy ombudsman and explained my situation how she at ovo tried to fob me off and demand I apy money we don't feel we owe due to faulty equipment we reported but ovo had to process or mechanism to deal with it or lodge complaint even without having to cc their ceo and our pm. And now I feel sick to think both husband and wife will get a 6  year default for debt which have a validity of a questionable nature.    I explained all this to the energy ombudsman and they accepted my case and I explained to them that my new supplier found my fault which ovo refueed to accept - I've uploaded the email from new supplier to ombudsman showing we had a fault.    My. Question is is there anything I can upload in defence of my case to ombudsman before they decide outcome ina few weeks    All advice greatly appreciated not only would I like advice on how to clear this debt but also how I can pursue ovo for compensation and deterrence for the future.  Thansk 
    • Thanks for the reply dubai 50 - if the statute is 10 years it has long passed - if it is 15 years i havea few months left. i shall ignore until it gets serious  An update - - I sent the letter to the bank in Dubai ( I did get delivery confirmation from Royal Mail)   - I have moved to a new address ( this is the address i gave to the bank in dubai)  - IDR are continuing to send Letters to the old address, which leads me to believe they are not in contact with the bank at all. - i have not replied to any correspondence digital or hard as they are non threatening ( as of yet).        
    • Your topic title was altered last June 23 by the owner of this forum in the interests of the forum Anyway well done on your result and thank you for concluding your topic, title updated.   Andy   .
    • So what    Why ? Consent Order/ Confidentiality ? This would be be invaluable to followers of your topic.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Urgent Info Needed To Confirm A Bank Leak

finlander
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6055 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Mods ,

can you confirm when the oft court case first date is ? I have heard something startling today from a bank manager .

geoff

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy. What is essential in war is victory, not prolonged operations.

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

POST THE LETTER AND SIGN THE PETITION AT POST 88 ON THE LINK BELOW TO GET THE OFT TO INVESTIGATE THE CRA'S

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/campaign/153512-campaign-oft-against-unfair.html

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bmp:)

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy. What is essential in war is victory, not prolonged operations.

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

POST THE LETTER AND SIGN THE PETITION AT POST 88 ON THE LINK BELOW TO GET THE OFT TO INVESTIGATE THE CRA'S

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/campaign/153512-campaign-oft-against-unfair.html

I heard it was the 14th January 2008.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

I'm certainly no mod but as far as I was aware it was set as the 14th January '08 for the start date of the case?

/subscribing now just because I am curious :) Cheers

Prelim sent May '06

LBA sent June '06

Fob off now rec'd to the prelim

Copy of fob off now rec'd as response to LBA!

Full repayment of all charges since 1997 now received.

Account Closed

Donation made :)

nothing happening the middle to end of september?

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

Hi Finlander

Is that 2008?. . We do think there will be an appeal if the banks lose the case.

If you feel happier to pass on what you have heard, you can PM a Mod and let them know what you have heard.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

just found the oFT and banks agreement...

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/press_release_attachments/bankagreement.pdf

point 1.5 d... 28th september fits in with the info i found out today....

Ok... info is that a work friend of mine had a meeting with his a friend who is a manager at lloyds head office the other day. They are old friends. During the meeting the matter of bank charges came up and my friend was told that the middle to end of september lloyds are going conceed that the bank charges are unfair and withdraw from the case. This is because their legal team have warned then that they do not have a leg to stand on and THEY WILL LOSE. He stated that the banking industry has set aside £3.5 billion ready to reimburse customers. Lloyds themselves have a new depart purely to deal with the refunds. my friend was advised (he is owed £2500) to wait until the announcement then send a letter in and his money would then be refunded. The rational behind the request for a test case to the oft was recent judgements against the banks, the judges loss of temper with them and to buy a short breathing space to enable the setting up of the depts to handle rebates...

IF and I repeat IF this is true...(misinformation is rife) we have won!!!!!!!:eek: :):D

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

*crosses fingers*

*and everything else*

:eek:

2007 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2008 Issues ALL RESOLVED

£4,200 in charges claimed back succesfully from a total of 5 Creditors

2009 Issues ALL RESOLVED

NEXT Directory - No Agreement, No Further Action **WON**

2010 Issues

Court Claim from Black Horse - AOS 22.11.10, CPR 23.11.10

Assisting Daughter with Employment Tribunal for Wrongful Dismissal/Discrimination

:) My Head is officially out of the Sand :)

IF they conceed that the charges are unlawfull, it will be interesting to see what they are going to consider a fair charge.............and if it's £5 or less they could find themselves swamped with new customers overnight unless the rest of them conceed at the same time.

Finlander, it would be great if this where true, as if LTSB fold, then the others are sure to follow.

IMHO I think it's dubious at best, unless of course they also announce new "service charges" at the same time.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Hi finlander,

I thought that the FSA are reviewing the waiver on Sept 28th?

This will be interesting to watch unfold!

Night Owl

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

i understand that it seems to good. but bearing in mind their recent announcements of account use charges etc then the replacement of these penalties seems likely as they have tested the water and no outrage has followed. I dont think account charges are as bad as some clever new bank will not charge them and competion will see them drop.. may be this is it..

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

How reliable is your friends information in your oppinion Finlander? If he has got his wires crossed or been fed a line then you ought to have a quiet word:D

Seriously though I hope this information has some truth behind it! About time we had some goos news around here!

Hi Zoot! Good to see you back!:)

Wow if that is true finlander, what a relief all round, I am just writing a reply to my MP and the FSA after receiving a letter form the MP (which was rubbish! just passed the buck to the FSA) so maybe we will be able to stop all this soon.

Very interesting. Would be surprised at the banks conceding early though - the appeals could last for years and 2 years interest on £3.5bn is a lot of cash. Also many of the Banks have some balance sheet management issues at the moment because of all the capital markets turmoil - its not a good time for them to be paying out compensation.

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

He seemed convinced... He only got told this when the converstation turned to reclaiming the charges and he mentioned his friend (me) and loads of others were being messed around with this case. I am still opened to all sorts of possibilities but there is the thought that if we are right then they will have to back down in the end... do they want that in court with the full glare of the media and perhaps a difficult ruling from the judge, for example all charges returned whether asked for or not (alot more than £3.5 billion), or on their own terms like this?...

Who knows? at the moment Im concentrating on my CCA's from credit cards (all my charges cases have been stayed:evil: ) but I just thought I would mention it as it may fit in if others start hearing the same..

:)

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

Thanks for sharing it - fingers crossed. I'm in the same boat as you - several credit card claims on the go at the moment but I'm doing most through the FOS which is painfully slow. Good luck.

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

If Lloyds are planning to withdraw then why wait? Surely Lloyds took advice before starting the case. Doesn't quite add up to me. Hope I'm wrong.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

MAYBE..BUT WHEN HAS ANYTHING THEY HAVE DONE MADE SENSE!!

It's always been about delaying and perhaps this is surrender on their terms... not the oft and the judges.

we have always said they have no case !... so what makes us think they ever thought they had one. It sounds so unexpected that it may be true!...

I won't hoild by breath but I wont be gob smacked if it does happen either. This way they look generous. Imagine the staement

'we at lloyds recognise that some of our charges may have been seen as unfair and todey we agreed to withdraw from the test case and reimburse those customers he feel that the charges on their account may have caused them some hardship..blh blah blah...'

three cheers for lloyds ..our heros:-?

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

if all this being true ,then our concern should then turn to THE DATA PROTECTION ACT ,then the way it is written and the way we interprate it it has become a farce,when you consider the ,contracts we have to sign a waiver of our DP ,this i would consider an unfair contract and it is contradictory to the rules of the DPA....

PATRICKQ1

This would make perfect sense. One of Lloyds's stated strategys is to cross sell like mad. It hardly works if all that their customers phone up about is bank charges. And you cant sell a life policy to an irate customer. Added to the churn that they must be getting from people closing their accounts and you could see why it would make sense to break from the pack and strike out on their own.

I bet they will say that they are voluntarily returning all cahrges over £12 and will not make any new charges. Back up by much PR and new Ad campaign.

A £35 pound bank charge is not a charge for a service. Its theft.

Seems interesting that the banks need to serve a defence on the 28th September. Does that mean that they will say that they will defend the case or will they need to submit evidence?

Could Lloyds be in the conclusion that they simply do not have evidence to support the stance that the charges are legal?;)

My own opinion is that the first bank that concedes will be in the best place to clean up in the popularity stakes.

Worthwhile contacting LLoyds to push them on this????