Credit File Defaults

TAZDJ1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6064 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

first post so a bit nervous, three years ago i went bankrupt, am trying to move on but still haunted by it all.

I got a credit file today from equifax that shows 3 defaults(8) score.

I was wandering can i get these off my file.

I rang one of the companys (capital one), and asked if they would remove default as an act of good will,but i was basically laughed at and told NO!

THANKS

DAVID

Hi David,

I'm no expert, but i'm led to believe, you will be looking a minimum 6 yrs from the date of default. Even if you have satisfied these creditors, the details will still remain on file for this period. When I was seeking a mortgage for my house I got a credit report, this report showed me as a high risk customer. My score was about 647. The defaults showing were for utility companies, (telephone & gas). I didn't have any credit card debts and never have. I've never owned one. So i satisfied both defaults even though i did'nt agree with them (due to house move), to improve my score. I knew they could still be seen but at least they were credited. I searched for a mortgage but was only accepted by higher lenders (with extortion rates). I bit the bullet and paid these sharks what they wanted, just to get my foot on the property ladder. I knew the defaults on my file would 'drop off' in 3 years time and if I kept a clean slate during that time, then I will be able to get a high street lender to provide me with a mortgage with a good rate. Anyway to cut a long story short....when I decided to seek a new mortgage provider, this time with a clean slate, I decided to get another credit check first, (paying for the service this time!) Guess what my score was! Mortgage paid up to date, utilities paid up to date, no other debts at all. This time NO defaults showing against my name. It turned out to a massive 647. No change whatsoever. (After all my hard work aswell)!!!!! This score put me in great doubt about wether i would get a decent mortgage rate, and I didn't want to apply to a company to be rejected as this again would be imprinted on my credit file, putting off future credit. So i went down the road of the Sharks again (mortgage rip off lenders). Some of these companies wanted set up fees totalling 3k. I ummed and rrred and in the end I thought, sod it, apply to the high street, they can only say yes or no. So I did. Got a fantastic rate fixed for 10 years, £595 set up fee's and saving £250.00 per month on the same amount borrowed, it was sweet music. These credit reports are something we shouldn't believe to be chapter and verse. O.K it aided me in knowing who i owed and who i had ongoing credit with, but satisfying anything owed and being good didn't improve my rating 1 iota. When you think about it, these compainies are there to pilfer more hard earned cash from people like us. I don't think I would be interested in credit reports if i knew i'd satisfied all my debts, on the due date, I'd know my score would be good. I would wait until your 6 yrs are up before even sniffing for any credit, leave no footprints of refusal. After that apply for what you want. Good Luck!! Wow that was quite a long waffel !! lol

Splashin :lol:

SPLASHIN ;)

Top Link Checkout

[email protected]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The defaults - are they shown as outstanding or as 'settled'? If the latter, it may not much difference to a manual search of your file, but otherwise they'll stay on your record until they drop off 6 years after entry.

Hi Taz,

Did any of the accounts that you've received defaults on have any excessive charges applied [i.e. the Cap One account]? The reason I ask is that I've successfully had 2 out of the 3 defaults on my credit file removed within the last few months. One placed by Yorkshire Bank, which I reclaimed charges from, and another one by a catalogue company, who couldn't actually supply me with a signed credit agreement or copy of the default notice I should have received.

Advice & opinions given by pjdudley69 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional. Also visit legal seagulls for more friendly help and advice.