Mercers recovery......advice please

battle_on
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6076 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi people,

after an interesting hour of reading some very useful info on this forum id hope someone can point me in the right direction of which i can go..

I have 1 barclaycard which at the time was very hard to pay for.....Ive had alot of threats from this mercers company but get no sence out of them!!

Basicly im able to pay £xx amount now to barclaycard in which i have just done. What am i to do with mercers?? the last thing i want is people knocking on my door...

Any advice will be muchly appreciated, thanks for your time.

mk

Hi,

Grab yourself a drink and settle down and read about my fight with this bunch of gits here.

The thing to do is not to panic and take advice from the good folks on this board.

If you haven't done it already, your first move is to grab a template letter and do a CCA request on them.

D

Hi,

Grab yourself a drink and settle down and read about my fight with this bunch of gits here.

The thing to do is not to panic and take advice from the good folks on this board.

If you haven't done it already, your first move is to grab a template letter and do a CCA request on them.

D

thank you, thats good to hear!! whats a cca?

CCA is a request for the Consumer Credit Agreement. Basically, without it there is no debt. They have 14 days to send you an original copy else they are in default. when in default, they cannot legally chase you for the debt, nor can they add interest, as the debt is in dispute.

as for mercers, they are a joke. they are part of barclays, and are pretty much just there for effect. Don't worry, they cannot turn up at your house any more than i can, and if they ever did, tell them to move along. if they don't, call the police to do it for you. Soon, the stress will turn into an entertaining game for you. As ObiWan once said 'Strike me down (or send me a nasty letter), and I'll become more powerful than you can possibly imagine', although you will be using more of your consumer rights and UK legislation than you will the force...

exellent, this does inspire my confidence. How do i do it then? Do i just write a letter stating i want to see it?? sorry for my imcompatence but ive never delt with somone as stupid as these people.

First NEVER talk to these "people" on the phone as they will try and get you to agree to anything.

Before you even think about making any sort of acknowledgement or payment to a DCA you MUST ensure that they have the LEGAL right to collect the debt.

This is achieved by requesting a copy of the Signed, Executed Credit Agreement via a Consumer Credit Act (CCA) request.

There is a template letter to be found here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Letter N.

Is it important to start the letter:

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY in Big Bold letters.

It is best to send this request via recorded/special delivery as there are some inportant deadlines to observe.

After 12 WORKING days the "debt" is in default and stays that way until the request is complied with.

If a FURTHER month passes then the DCA has committed a summary criminal offence and the matter should be referred to Trading Standards for action.

I hope this clarifies some things.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

First NEVER talk to these "people" on the phone as they will try and get you to agree to anything.

Before you even think about making any sort of acknowledgement or payment to a DCA you MUST ensure that they have the LEGAL right to collect the debt.

This is achieved by requesting a copy of the Signed, Executed Credit Agreement via a Consumer Credit Act (CCA) request.

There is a template letter to be found here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Letter N.

Is it important to start the letter:

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY in Big Bold letters.

It is best to send this request via recorded/special delivery as there are some inportant deadlines to observe.

After 12 WORKING days the "debt" is in default and stays that way until the request is complied with.

If a FURTHER month passes then the DCA has committed a summary criminal offence and the matter should be referred to Trading Standards for action.

I hope this clarifies some things.

Great advice - but don't forget-- DO NOT SIGN THE LETTER WITH YOUR NORMAL SIGNATURE :-)

Just hate every DCA out there